Home Built Project Beetle

MFX

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be easy if the spline on the car was smaller and the hole on the wheel was larger, but it is the other way. For something like that to work for this it would space the wheel much closer to the driver.

22 minutes ago, Raven said:

These guys have a number of boss kits for different years ,,,,but I suspect this is who you may have purchased the steering wheel off...?

https://www.vwheritage.com/beetle/beetle-steering/steering-wheels?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi_b-v6_L3AIVkaqWCh2ZqAM6EAAYASAAEgLFXfD_BwE

Yep, that is where I got it. I will contact them and see if I can exchange it, but I am still going to be up for shipping to the UK and back... ?

1 hour ago, MFX said:

Yep, that is where I got it. I will contact them and see if I can exchange it, but I am still going to be up for shipping to the UK and back... ?

hopefully they have an adapter or a heads up on what will work on your car ....

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 8:15 AM, LeeM said:

I've got a black stock beetle wheel at home Jeff. Let me know column size and I'll see if it's the same spline

Hey Lee, I just saw this. I need a wheel to fit roughly a 22mm spline. Let me know, otherwise I have pretty much sorted a new one from the UK anyway.

3 hours ago, MFX said:

Hey Lee, I just saw this. I need a wheel to fit roughly a 22mm spline. Let me know, otherwise I have pretty much sorted a new one from the UK anyway.

Reckon it's the one you're after mate. Roughly 21mmish 

Let me know and I'll send it over 

Ph 0407942151

20180811_141946.jpg

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Reckon it's the one you're after mate. Roughly 21mmish 

Let me know and I'll send it over 

Ph 0407942151

20180811_141946.jpg

It looks like the one, but it looks pretty rough compared to my nice neat car now ;) . It might be better for me to just wait for the nice shiny new one from the UK I think :D 

1 hour ago, MFX said:

It looks like the one, but it looks pretty rough compared to my nice neat car now ;) . It might be better for me to just wait for the nice shiny new one from the UK I think :D 

No worries mate.  It does have a couple of small cracks both sides, though it would be a snap for you to fix. Here if ya need it anyway 

It is what I am after, but I just have to exchange the one I have for the correct one, and it is brand new with the horn, so it is the easy way to go. I just need to wait a few weeks for it ;) 

Archived