ROK 600w Mini Blower for water beading etc

Niko

I was put on to this by ChrisP last night, and we all know how much time and effort  he puts into his cars.

Sensational for getting the water off the surface of your car and wheels after the wash.

Also great for all the nooks and crannies where the water gathers..  

Keeping microfibre drying off to a minimum.

Available at Mitre10 for the grand sum of $42.59.  Very powerful motor for the size of the unit.   (2 year warranty)

The nozzle is rubber so no chance of damaging paintwork or wheels.

If it wasn't so bloody hot I would be out giving it a try on the BBC.

IMG_0374IMG_0375IMG_0376

5 minutes ago, Pauly said:

So you're not suppose to attach these to your intake to go faster? :D

Neat tool though. especially for that price point

worth a try,    although It might work better up your exhaust than in your intake.:P

49 minutes ago, ANF said:

You love it so much you created 3 threads for it :cool07:

You don't appear to have to wait very long.... :Chuckle2:"I think senility, is going to be a fairly smooth transition for me"

arrgghhh the bloody thing wouldn't load for me and kept telling me it wasn't complete....obviously it was working... I hate technology.

ha ha sorry, I will try and sort that out.

1 minute ago, Niko said:

arrgghhh the bloody thing wouldn't load for me and kept telling me it wasn't complete....obviously it was working... I hate technology.

:D

You should be able to delete thread as long as no posts in them....

3 minutes ago, ANF said:

:D

You should be able to delete thread as long as no posts in them....

I have reached out for some magic work from the Moderators....Thanks for letting me know.

I bought this one:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/ozito-1800w-electric-blower_p3380864

Although you get the higher wattage, it is slightly bigger than the ROK, and the noise is a bit much for long durations. For the most part though I am happy with my purchase :)

The best part about using a blower is definitely drying the wheels :):)

I do a bit of photography and while low speed air is ok to dust off a lens high speed air is bad as any dust in the air acts as a sand blaster. Not sure how fast the air comming out would be but it looks like could be pretty fast. Perhaps a K&N pod filter on the inlet?

26 minutes ago, Redracn said:

I do a bit of photography and while low speed air is ok to dust off a lens high speed air is bad as any dust in the air acts as a sand blaster. Not sure how fast the air comming out would be but it looks like could be pretty fast. Perhaps a K&N pod filter on the inlet?

I dunno. Some people just have to modify everything don't they. :P

11 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

Maybe we need a “Show us your blower” thread - here’s mine

https://www.totaltools.com.au/brands/makita/98185-makita-18v-blower-bare-dub182z

hands free blowing is bliss......

Handy blower but this one kills it

https://www.totaltools.com.au/96540-makita-36v-dual-battery-blower-bare-dub361z

and this is the one I want

https://www.totaltools.com.au/102253-makita-brushless-18v-dual-battery-turbo-blower-bare-dub362z

1 hour ago, Redracn said:

haha.. wow. That is pretty cool.. I like the sound of brushless motors.. I used to play with ducted fans and what not.. wonder how hard it would be to rig something up and attach a 5 or 6 cell lipo... ultimate portability and should be pretty intense air speed :)

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/dr-mad-thrust-90mm-12-blade-alloy-edf-1620kv-motor-6s-counter-rotating.html?countrycode=AU&gclid=CjwKCAiA8bnUBRA-EiwAc0hZkz2Egp3BBU7DBJYR3snUg8mPXqpRE4SvUUdK_Q2gEmpLb7EZEFu89BoC0DIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I scored a metrovac , uk 220v version being sold new outta the US , scored for 326 USD inc postage in flea bay , have used my , honda blower and makita.

The metrovac master blaster , does really help with the warm air , I am very very impressed , but thats still a reasonable amount of dosh invest .

For me a real world test , I did duck over to Cars and Coffee the other morning , had a dirty car and was humid and hot , did a 10 min wash on my car and dry and arrived , with it looking very presentable.

Unreal for the door jams , engine bay etc , for moving general water I guess the other units somewhat comparable

I now know , I can easy do a presentable wash etc very quickly and can of course spend extra time, when not in a rush .     Happy car wash boy 

For $50 bucks you gotta be using one of those units !!! 

5 hours ago, Niko said:

Done ?

I was given one of these a while ago. Great little thing for around the house and job site. I now use all cordless tools onsite, so I grabbed an Ozito lithium blower which is a bit more convenient with no extension cords. Elon Musk would be proud of me ??

35 minutes ago, symsy said:

I scored a metrovac , uk 220v version being sold new outta the US , scored for 326 USD inc postage in flea bay , have used my , honda blower and makita.

The metrovac master blaster , does really help with the warm air , I am very very impressed , but thats still a reasonable amount of dosh invest .

For me a real world test , I did duck over to Cars and Coffee the other morning , had a dirty car and was humid and hot , did a 10 min wash on my car and dry and arrived , with it looking very presentable.

Unreal for the door jams , engine bay etc , for moving general water I guess the other units somewhat comparable

I now know , I can easy do a presentable wash etc very quickly and can of course spend extra time, when not in a rush .     Happy car wash boy 

For $50 bucks you gotta be using one of those units !!! 

Love my metrovac master blaster for the same reason - makes a quick wash possible when you don’t have time for a full wash. I use it together with foam lance to do a quick no touch wash.

But agree very different proposition to the $50 blower. But does push out filtered air @Redracn (warm filtered air at that)!

Metrovac also does a smaller handheld version but $200 https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/metrovac/blaster_sidekick

Archived