997 GT3 Market Watch

8 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Well there ya go, this one seems rather realistic in price .. even comes with a guarantee that it'll increase in value with age. Wonder what his remittance to the buyer will be if it hasn't increased in value in a year or 2 or 5 or 10?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2008/SSE-AD-4670370/?Cr=0

2008 Porsche 911 GT3 997 Manual MY08

New listing or just revised add? Anyone know the car? 

On 6/23/2018 at 10:17 AM, symsy said:

Same Fitzgerald repaired car?  .. If its is Just buy it well  go hard on price and harder on the pedals..

I didn't know or don't know that history @symsy, the owner told me he bought if from Black Rock motors he is new to Porsche it was a dream for him to own one, when a few things changed in his life he just went for it as we do - now the realisation is that he doesn't really need or shouldn't really keep the car..... Its not an immaculate car as in like new its had a few things done to it however it drives well and presents well so I guess the question is if a plum car is worth $200-210K then what is a good car worth. I look at this and compare it to some of the 996 GT3 sales or the 964 sales or some of the Hot Rods in the $140-50's+ and think ......... These things are a factory Hot Rod....

3 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

I didn't know or don't know that history @symsy, the owner told me he bought if from Black Rock motors he is new to Porsche it was a dream for him to own one, when a few things changed in his life he just went for it as we do - now the realisation is that he doesn't really need or shouldn't really keep the car..... Its not an immaculate car as in like new its had a few things done to it however it drives well and presents well so I guess the question is if a plum car is worth $200-210K then what is a good car worth. I look at this and compare it to some of the 996 GT3 sales or the 964 sales or some of the Hot Rods in the $140-50's+ and think ......... These things are a factory Hot Rod....

not sure its the same car .. ther are two white cars one , with a repaired motor and another been on its roof in melb , I have the vins somewhere ...

I think 210k for a clean clean car is good buying.

The other cars that under that , have histories or impatient owners and have moved them on .. dealers maybe trading them 180-200k , I havent seen any peachy CS or heard of them going sub 200

Slightly left of field but also giving you an idea of what goes on behind the wholesale/dealers curtain ,  is the GT2s for sale , there is a 997 on the market at 350k on carsales https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2009/SSE-AD-5351849/?Cr=7 , they guy quotes the wholesalers and dealers messing him around , when the nearest car is up for sale at 440-495k in the , im sure the reality of the numbers would be the same if applied pro rata  to the GT3's.

All philosophical but I believe June 30 and also the mild glut with the 991.2 manual being available also has fractured this market , albeit temporarily . 

I have driven a shit load of cars an these are very very unique .. I think many will realise that after parting with them.  I would have a tring 997.2 and my harder CS 997.1 if I could .. oh an of course my 993 ;)

Reality is for this for those that have head these cars since 2015, they arent loosing real money 997.1 were at 150k , they have all bubbled  and  mostly the RS 997 that were 210 are 350k-450k … really they are special but that much growth…..???   I feel the RS prices in particular are prematurely unwarranted , maybe in 10 years time.. Shit I would want one in my garage but at what price!!  I sense some of the bubble riders may have to get slightly deflated..  The bubble buyers , may have to hold on for their loss to be normalised ..

Paying 50 for on a previously 150k car bringing 997.1 to 200k arena isnt so bad , but paying 150k+ for the RS premium lunacy, someone wallet is gonna get hurt ..

So Symsy based on that, what is the appropriate price for a 996 RS and the 997 1 & 2 GT3RS. I agree they have been over done - what is the bottom/ fair value. I think things are cooling now and will go further. 996 RS now advertising @ $369K. Plus Steve’s orange 997 MK1 997 car sitting for some time at what previously seemed reasonable.

4 hours ago, Jason A said:

So Symsy based on that, what is the appropriate price for a 996 RS and the 997 1 & 2 GT3RS. I agree they have been over done - what is the bottom/ fair value. I think things are cooling now and will go further. 996 RS now advertising @ $369K. Plus Steve’s orange 997 MK1 997 car sitting for some time at what previously seemed reasonable.

You asking what I would pay or what I think they are being traded for ?

996's I have no idea to be honest.

Trades my guesses

997.1 I think 150-175  997.2 maybe 200-225

997 .1 .2 RS 250-290

The thing is what they trade em for aint what we will likely see em for sale for..

There are also the variables with these cars also… I bought a pristine car.. in recent times and no one likes to think they have done hard cash..and I have said many times , if your car is unblemished , good spec , good history.. there could still be a 20k spread in consumables..  Im 10,000 kms down and  have done/am doing,  a strut, sway bar links , tyres , full service,  PCCB all round , A/C regas , sticky radio buttons, harnesses, theres the best part of 15-20k , I have stopped counting.  My next is the damn sticky a/c , an extinguisher , front lip.  Im at 29,000 kms

I would love to have a RS in my garage.. and Im sure Steves car is a pampered pooch as are most…  If you look back someone sold a .2 997 on teh forum for 300-350 arena a while back , a really nice share of a member here … that smeone has done real good on .. 

I think the biggest issue in the current market is the lack of new buyers .. cash is becoming a commodity..lending becoming tighter and the softening of real estate rush, curbing some big calls by some.. just reality comming back into ownership , thank god!!

On 6/22/2018 at 12:06 PM, Scott SS964 said:

Be sure to buy the best you can at any given time - Pay for something that really appeals  something that has the options/spec that you like while its possible to do so, you will be less inclined to want to sell it again anytime soon.

This is the key ^^^ even in softer market.  This still makes matching the right GT3 to the right person quite difficult given Australian numbers 

The Australian numbers are as follows for years 2010 and 2011 GT3  

Total Cars                            - 53 

Club Sport (003) Option   - 36

Touring                                - 17

Interesting to note 997.2 GT3 RS V's GT3 CS

- World wide there were only 2200 997 .2 GT3 Sold compared with 1600 GT3RS

- In Australia there were 36 997.2 GT3 CS sold compared with 40 RS's

18 hours ago, symsy said:

You asking what I would pay or what I think they are being traded for ?

996's I have no idea to be honest.

Trades my guesses

997.1 I think 150-175  997.2 maybe 200-225

997 .1 .2 RS 250-290

The thing is what they trade em for aint what we will likely see em for sale for..

There are also the variables with these cars also… I bought a pristine car.. in recent times and no one likes to think they have done hard cash..and I have said many times , if your car is unblemished , good spec , good history.. there could still be a 20k spread in consumables..  Im 10,000 kms down and  have done/am doing,  a strut, sway bar links , tyres , full service,  PCCB all round , A/C regas , sticky radio buttons, harnesses, theres the best part of 15-20k , I have stopped counting.  My next is the damn sticky a/c , an extinguisher , front lip.  Im at 29,000 kms

I would love to have a RS in my garage.. and Im sure Steves car is a pampered pooch as are most…  If you look back someone sold a .2 997 on teh forum for 300-350 arena a while back , a really nice share of a member here … that smeone has done real good on .. 

I think the biggest issue in the current market is the lack of new buyers .. cash is becoming a commodity..lending becoming tighter and the softening of real estate rush, curbing some big calls by some.. just reality comming back into ownership , thank god!!

Thanks for your comments, appreciated.

1 hour ago, James P said:

Same car.. 

So maybe no such thing as a real bargain , if it is the same car , just goes to show you at 10-25k off for a smear on its repair history , probably pops it back in 200+ arena for notional price..

There are so few sales to actually define a market.. i would just say slow perhps rather than dipping so much.

Cars under 200k are few and many of them have a blemish on the virginal histories of most

The crazy thing is in these statements they are a paradox really, for a motorsport car its just symantics , who doesnt rebuild something on their car , who doesnt graze a wall.

Sadly garage queen mentality has hit motorsport central for a lot of these cars.. Im sorta stuck in that space really also. Having a big lot of cash for me piled there

I drive it but I guess like many , cant really really spank it cos i just dont have the coin to blow.

PS I did really spank the 991 GT3RS I drove, holy shit my brain and capabilities were melted , im sure the 997 would do the same.  Mind you I have had a few brown pant moments that make you remember you are alive in the 997.1

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

I think I have a garage queen . 

I think you bought the straight car at probably the bent car price .. lucky man ;) You got the unicorn deal my friend..   the rest that have popped up anywhere near what your car got advertised at .. seem to have funky history.  When your car popped up , I thought the market was screwed.. im glad its the only well priced one that was offered around.

Garage queen .. you need to drive it more.. I think Edgy is most driven , my 10,000 kms must be worthy of mention… your up next mate

PS will investigate damn sticky buttons dude and get back to ya 

7 hours ago, symsy said:

I think you bought the straight car at probably the bent car price .. lucky man ;) You got the unicorn deal my friend..   the rest that have popped up anywhere near what your car got advertised at .. seem to have funky history.  When your car popped up , I thought the market was screwed.. im glad its the only well priced one that was offered around.

Garage queen .. you need to drive it more.. I think Edgy is most driven , my 10,000 kms must be worthy of mention… your up next mate

PS will investigate damn sticky buttons dude and get back to ya 

I have the flu at the moment so at a low point in my life  . I’m going to go and drive it maybe on the weekend I think got my sticky knob sorted .

10 hours ago, GRK930 said:

2000kms in 3 weeks qualify for anything?

Legend award!! Good man , we need a picture though … if you cant navigate this Fuched forum picture attachment and instaglam link will work

13 hours ago, symsy said:

I think Edgy is most driven 

I dont think so mate! I'm guilty of lack of use too!! 

12 hours ago, GRK930 said:

2000kms in 3 weeks qualify for anything?

Thats what we should all be doing! 

5 hours ago, wilson59 said:

I have the flu at the moment so at a low point in my life  . I’m going to go and drive it maybe on the weekend I think got my sticky knob sorted .

I have the man flu too... I am so sick, no one else can comprehend the misery I am living. 

19 minutes ago, edgy said:

I dont think so mate! I'm guilty of lack of use too!! 

Thats what we should all be doing! 

I have the man flu too... I am so sick, no one else can comprehend the misery I am living. 

You poor bastard . 

3 hours ago, symsy said:

Legend award!! Good man , we need a picture though … if you cant navigate this Fuched forum picture attachment and instaglam link will work

Can I have an award too - 12000kms in 6 months in my 996.2 - does that count for anything (sorry not 997GT3 related though)?....

I have the picture of odo showing 111,111 as well....

• 3 weeks later...