997 GT3 Market Watch

On 9/14/2018 at 10:29 PM, James P said:

The car is fine for the price, yes its got history but nothing to bad just some people who have no idea over state it, you may be surprised just how many GT3's are damaged then repaired & no one would know not even a PPI, they generally don't get repaired by the local crap panel shop  

Yes it has been tracked as they all have, id buy it if i was in the market for one 

If you can afford to buy it do so & track the crap out of it as i did in my old 997 GT3, if your not a track person just drive & enjoy, you only live once.  

Ive got an idea.. if someone wants to buy my Cup Car & my 996 C2 ill go & buy this GT3 :D

To get you off to a good start I'll buy your 996?

• 3 weeks later...

997.1 at Dutton $189k asking, a few anomalies like black or carbon wing blade, then the cage in white with the electric seats, its not a CS, but rather a GT3 with a roll bar fitted at a later point... I seem to recall the factory doesn't deem those seats compatible with the OEM roll bar. 

Looks nice none the less!! 

etueqo1qmsy36itdztlizaja6.jpg?pxc_method

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2007/OAG-AD-16462850/?Cr=6 

20 hours ago, edgy said:

997.1 at Dutton $189k asking, a few anomalies like black or carbon wing blade, then the cage in white with the electric seats, its not a CS, but rather a GT3 with a roll bar fitted at a later point... I seem to recall the factory doesn't deem those seats compatible with the OEM roll bar. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2007/OAG-AD-16462850/?Cr=6 

Thanks for clarifying, I was looking at this with interest but thought that you cannot get the scaffolding with those seats and for the fact it’s white.

looks good on the surface but as per the comments above I think it’s got a story to tell...

16 hours ago, HWY said:

Front lip looks beat up, and a few dings in the pics if you look closely.

Front lip is a consumable item.  My GT2 lip got "beat up" driving up and down my driveway.  When time came to replace it, I bought 2

2 hours ago, JB said:

Thanks for clarifying, I was looking at this with interest but thought that you cannot get the scaffolding with those seats and for the fact it’s white.

looks good on the surface but as per the comments above I think it’s got a story to tell...

Unlikely to be a dog at Dutton's.  Don't know the car but I can't see them retailing crap, they'd wholesale it to "others" if it was no good ?

23 hours ago, edgy said:

Aftermarket roll cage and semi slicks indicates track use, not always a bad thing, unless "a lot" of track use. It has high kms too.

Lower km touring in white also at Autohaus, looks to be in better condition. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2008/OAG-AD-16210677/?Cr=2

Front lips are consumable … if someone really tells me their car aint been on a track.. I say two words , FOOL and or LIAR

I reckon you do more harm on the road ..

After having mine out at sandown , previously supposedly a track virgin , I realise that  me , me brother and the bro in law , run that car at about 60% stress levels at most ..as for the brakes ,, 30% .. my god you got to be some kinda super human to really punish one of these cars.

I also did a drive day with 991 RS , driven back to back all day long 4 drivers , it didnt break a sweat

My front lip was the same when I bought my car from Dutton’s, it didn’t worry me at all, if any thing it’s worse now, it’s a consumable, who cares.

I tend to think those cars that have been tracked tend to be taken better than a non tracked car ( because most GT cars never see the track ? ) I know with mine if I hear or feel or see the slightest thing that doesn’t look right it’s in to PCM to get looked at.

Last service @ PCM it was serviced by the motorsport division, they said it had seen track work but it was one cleanest ones they had seen in a long time ( car hadn’t been smashed on the ripple strips etc )

These cars are bullet proof and being 10 yrs old you can’t expect the perfection, just jump in occasionally, leave the radio off and enjoy the symphony!

I only need to drive mine for ten minutes to put a massive smile on my face!!

I don’t think it is an aftermarket cage. I just checked my one and the cross over looks the same... I admit I did think it was something like a BBi or GMG aftermarket initially. 

I don’t think there’s anything to be concerned about. 

Its just not your 1 owner never tracked or modified example.

clean DME over rev report apparently... so that should be a good assurance. 

I know I’ve added a ton of type 1’s on the track ? but the type 2 and over is the ones to avoid. 

also, I don’t think a car that has been tracked is a bad thing, mechanically these cars are usually in top shape, as most guys maintain on an open cheque book basis... they actually tend to suffer from lack of use, RMS is common on cars that don’t get run. 

The down side to a track car is the cosmetics definitely suffer when you do lots of track work. 

Front splitter is definitely consumable... keep them in stock, and make sure you look and smile at the passers by as you scrape it leaving a driveway... it’s always entertaining to see people’s reactions. ?

RMS for sure Edgy , mine has had 3… hardly a drip when I use it, 1 finger nail in a blue moon … its the negative vacuum in the crankcase, sucks em in , sure sign they sit.  That and batteries when they sit, pain in the arse. Had a motorsport mechanic laugh when I told him i was worried .. he sais that the problem .. too worried .. go harder . His only sincere advice was warm em up and wait for gearbox to come up to temp on the road before giving large bootfull 

I should read more but I have been busy travelling and then just driving the fricken thing , can you get overrev on upshift when the shift light comes on ? Yes I confess .. have this on occasion when not on the track.. you fill in the gaps in the assumptions ;) on how fast I was going 

Argree with all the sentiments above. Hppy to buy a car that’s been tracked but loved. These things are built for exactly that, otherwise they suffer if living in c instant city traffic, they need to be opened up.

my only issue with certain cars Is when things don’t add up. In this instance a cage    with sports seats, not worried about the spoiler, have you seen melbourne roads?

1 hour ago, symsy said:

RMS for sure Edgy , mine has had 3… hardly a drip when I use it, 1 finger nail in a blue moon … its the negative vacuum in the crankcase, sucks em in , sure sign they sit.  That an batteries when they sit, pain in the arse. Had a motorsport mechanic laugh when I told him i was worried .. he sais that the problem .. too worried .. go harder . His only sincere advice was warm em up and wait for gearbox to come up to temp on teh road before giving large bootfull 

I should read more but I have been busy travelling and then just driving the fricken thing , can you get overrev on upshift when the shift light comes on ? Yes i confess .. have this on occasion when not on the track.. you fill in teh gaps in the assumptions ;) on how fast I was going 

21 hours ago, symsy said:

can you get overrev on upshift when the shift light comes on ? Yes I confess .. have this on occasion when not on the track.. you fill in the gaps in the assumptions ;) on how fast I was going 

Those are type 1’s they are no big deal. Type 2 and above are mechanical over revs 

20 hours ago, JB said:

Argree with all the sentiments above. Hppy to buy a car that’s been tracked but loved. These things are built for exactly that, otherwise they suffer if living in c instant city traffic, they need to be opened up.

my only issue with certain cars Is when things don’t add up. In this instance a cage    with sports seats, not worried about the spoiler, have you seen melbourne roads?

Owner may have just added it for asthetics, cos let’s face it, it just looks cool and is functional.. the fact it’s colour coded white is a tell tale sign of that imo. I had my one caged with the electric sports seats for a while as it took some time to find OEM buckets, it works, but it is possible to put the seats back so far they’ll foul on the cage. 

18 hours ago, itsujack said:

A GT3 that HASN'T seen the track is a GT3 unloved ?

It’s abuse! 

22 minutes ago, Mafia88 said:

I have a 997.1 gt3 CS in guards red. I’m not sure if I am going to be able to hang on to it as wife and I have baby plans etc. 

That would be more reasons to keep it, well it was for me anyway.. my now 3 year old loves my Porsches as do I

2 minutes ago, James P said:

That would be more reasons to keep it, well it was for me anyway.. my now 3 year old loves my Porsches as do I

It’s more a financial decision, I’m sure my kid would love it. I’m not the most motivated seller haha. 

If someone’s out there that makes it easy for me then I’ll let it go, if not, I’ll find a way to keep it. 

8 hours ago, hugh said:

Wo wo wo, rewind............... @JB you are looking to get a GT3? Yeh boya! 

Lol, that’s the intention albeit a while off at this stage. Would probably have to sell the 4s as well unless the business goes nuts!

I dont think anything expensive is selling in Melbourne just now. GT3 looks great - but Finance will kill you.

RE sales have tanked as the Chi's exit the market (2/3 of RE Agents expecting to be let-go). Banks making you suffer cause they might have to pay back some money. I expect that Sydney is the same? If you have cash, then bargain time is soon.

1 hour ago, Scott SS964 said:

What is peoples views on why this is not selling -

It is a Porsche Cars Melbourne car (meaning i would think well checked and warranty) they have just reduced the price to $234,900 drive away

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2011/OAG-AD-15831828/?Cr=10

Price - cant see people paying that sort of money given what the 991 GT cars will do. I realise its not an apples to apples comparison 991 v 996/7

Had an interesting conversation with someone at Porsche last week; the huge increase in demand for GT cars over the past 5 years that drove supply to unprecedented levels 991 onwards from a GT perspective is going to have a huge impact on future values. Lease cycles coming to fruition now on the 991 are going to see a huge number of cars come onto the market. 991 models in general are seeing the impact of lease cycles pushing down prices, will increase downward pressure on the GT cars also.

When you add into the mix that its now a lot harder to finance toys and a slowing property market, sub $200k 991 GT3's, $150k 997 GT3's and $100k 996 GT3s would have to be a possibility

These cars are made to be driven - if people are buying them as an investment it could end in tears