997 GT3 Market Watch

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

Does anyone else just save up for a car and just pay cash ? Maybe I'm just old school or stupid or both . Never borrowed money for toys .

I think the ratio would change from the age of the car... most buyers of older cars tend to buy cash or bring a lot of equity to the table and finance the rest, I think you will find most new buyers finance. 

Again this will come down to the individual and their circumstances, and reasons for doing so, but they are both completely fine approaches when they are a considered and calculated decision. 

But I would say the general reasons to finance is you may have a tax advantage for doing so and you can get a better ROI for your money by investing it where you know it will perform, and yes money is cheap now.

1 minute ago, edgy said:

I think the ratio would change from the age of the car... most buyers of older cars tend to buy cash or bring a lot of equity to the table and finance the rest, I think you will find most new buyers finance. 

Again this will come down to the individual and their circumstances, and reasons for doing so, but they are both completely fine approaches when they are a considered and calculated decision. 

But I would say the general reasons to finance is you may have a tax advantage for doing so and you can get a better ROI for your money by investing it where you know it will perform, and yes money is cheap now.

Makes sense . I try to keep things simple I am quite basic

Never paid anything other than cash for a car. Well I should say, cash I had to blow.

Not all decisions in life have to be investment grade. Otherwise you get to the end of your life and have enjoyed nothing. I know more than one Octogenarian in that boat.

4 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Never paid anything other than cash for a car. Well I should say, cash I had to blow.

Not all decisions in life have to be investment grade. Otherwise you get to the end of your life and have enjoyed nothing. I know more than one Octogenarian in that boat.

No point being the richest person in the cemetery

34 minutes ago, sleazius said:

The kids say YOLO these days... they live and die by that... Well, that, smashed avocado and the housing affordability argument. 

I shouldn't talk too much, as I'm younger, but I believe you're either part of the problem or part of the solution. 

6 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Does anyone else just save up for a car and just pay cash ? Maybe I'm just old school or stupid or both . Never borrowed money for toys .

Absolutely.  My motto is if I have to borrow for a track/weekend car then I can't afford/don't need.  I couldn't cope with interest being accrued while the value declines.  Ugly equation.  Conversely I see no point having cash sitting in the bank doing nothing when I could be out driving the ring out of a GT3.  Very powerful negotiating position too when it's a quick cash sale.

My old man was a tight arsed Scot and trained me well.

Never borrow for a toy and don’t have more than half your annual income tied up in things with wheels and motors is what I follow. That last bit probably doesn’t apply to the non-depreciating Porsches. I’ve learnt from stupidity in the past.

exciting times ahead in RS land. I remember drooling over sub 200K 997.1 RS’ on carsales in the early 2010s (gee the arse end really fell out of them early on in their life). I think dot 1 991s will end up in similar territory, maybe worse since there are rumoured to be 6500 or so worldwide. There were MORE RS produced than non. 18 on carsales...heck.

7 minutes ago, spiller said:

Never borrow for a toy and don’t have more than half your annual income tied up in things with wheels and motors is what I follow. That last bit probably doesn’t apply to the non-depreciating Porsches. I’ve learnt from stupidity in the past.

exciting times ahead in RS land. I remember drooling over sub 200K 997.1 RS’ on carsales in the early 2010s (gee the arse end really fell out of them early on in their life). I think dot 1 991s will end up in similar territory, maybe worse since there are rumoured to be 6500 or so worldwide. There were MORE RS produced than non. 18 on carsales...heck.

Bring on the Doom . I’m pushing for global warming for a  cheap house with beach views .

Omg.. I need pills for anxiety.. no income , no property ..9 cars and they are all depreciating and I trade in cash , bitcoin , gold whatever

Im still ivesting in fossil commodities , well filled another car with 98 today

Faaark ….

Wheres the GT3 RS's cheap cash buys , I want one..

Isnt their an investment thread running elsewhere on the PFA ? 

5 minutes ago, symsy said:

Omg.. I need pills for anxiety.. no income , no property ..9 cars and they are all depreciating and I trade in cash , bitcoin , gold whatever

Im still ivesting in fossil commodities , well filled another car with 98 today

Faaark ….

Wheres the GT3 RS's cheap cash buys , I want one..

Isnt their an investment thread running elsewhere on the PFA ? 

Send me your money, I promise I’ll look after it.

Duttons now have the silver mk1 qld car for sale. They must have negotiated hard, as they are only asking 129k. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2000-Porsche-911-GT3-996-Manual/OAG-AD-16532348?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-16532348

oops, wrong thread, I’m talking 996. As you were 

18 hours ago, 901er said:

Duttons now have the silver mk1 qld car for sale. They must have negotiated hard, as they are only asking 129k. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2000-Porsche-911-GT3-996-Manual/OAG-AD-16532348?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-16532348

oops, wrong thread, I’m talking 996. As you were 

So kicked it’s tyres today. They definately improved on the $135 price the guy wanted as there was discount in the $129 price. They haven’t put up photos as it’s awaiting its original rims and detail. Has service book however it’s a replacement so not sure what the story is there. It’s a CS and has aftermarket front roll cage fitted to factory rear by the look of it.

Its probably seen some track action but that will only bother some people. 

All of the above is probably reflected in the price.

I was interested for a friend but think we will pass on this one.

4 hours ago, Tips said:

So kicked it’s tyres today. They definately improved on the $135 price the guy wanted as there was discount in the $129 price. They haven’t put up photos as it’s awaiting its original rims and detail. Has service book however it’s a replacement so not sure what the story is there. It’s a CS and has aftermarket front roll cage fitted to factory rear by the look of it.

Its probably seen some track action but that will only bother some people. 

All of the above is probably reflected in the price.

I was interested for a friend but think we will pass on this one.

Replacement service book throws a red flag, although they are asking fair money, so someone will grab it pretty soon I reckon. 

Should let the 997 crew resume normal transmission now ?

997 on GT3 Production numbers - this is from wikipedia so not sure as to the validity however i'm sure its relatively accurate.

Question with out going into options lets work on base car price what was the premium new for an GT3RS over the Std GT3

Just talking numbers here nothing else, my feeling is that most people believe that there are fewer RS out there than std GT3, as can be seen from these numbers this is not the case.

The stand out trend for me here is the amount of 991.1 GT3 and GT3RS there are compared to previous models so what does all this tell us............

I'm not talking which is the better car by the way as they are both great ......

Summary

997.1   GT3        - 2378

997.1   GT3RS   - 1106

997.2   GT3        - 2256

997.2   GT3RS   - 2200  (inc 4.0 version)

991.1   GT3        - 5500

991.1   GT3RS   - 6500

IMG_1488.jpg

3 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

997 on GT3 Production numbers - this is from wikipedia so not sure as to the validity however i'm sure its relatively accurate.

Question with out going into options lets work on base car price what was the premium new for an GT3RS over the Std GT3

Just talking numbers here nothing else, my feeling is that most people believe that there are fewer RS out there than std GT3, as can be seen from these numbers this is not the case.

The stand out trend for me here is the amount of 991.1 GT3 and GT3RS there are compared to previous models so what does all this tell us............

I'm not talking which is the better car by the way as they are both great ......

Summary

997.1   GT3        - 2378

997.1   GT3RS   - 1106

997.2   GT3        - 2256

997.2   GT3RS   - 2200  (inc 4.0 version)

991.1   GT3        - 5500

991.1   GT3RS   - 6500

IMG_1488.jpg

Hi Scott,

some interesting info there, especially the production numbers.

I know that 997.2 gt3 rs was around $60k premium over the gt3 back in 2011. In terms of the production numbers, and I’m happy to be shot down on this one,  but I believe the massive numbers for the 991 cars are a result of a certain fine incurred by parent VW and the need to generate some serious extra profit so let’s keep filling those orders.