997 GT3 Market Watch

12 hours ago, symsy said:

I still want an RS a green or grey one ! 

60562E28-844F-497F-B07A-E7FB5657F9FF.jpeg

I think you should post some more pics & specs of the Esky. It looks great. Was an unfulfilled dream to have a wide body twin cam.

As a young bloke I had a white MK1 RS2000, totally loved it, std car with an unusual spec, steel wheels, Black vinyl (vin-ill as they say up north) roof with red pin stripes. I removed the last two & put on the full blue decal kit. I think I have a hard copy pic somewhere.

22 hours ago, edgy said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-Porsche-911-GT3-997-Manual-MY08/OAG-AD-16749478

Very tidy 997.1 CS at Richmond, lowish KM’s = $235k. This will be interested to watch

I’m very interested to watch outcome as I have the same car in red but with 25,000kms. 

With a kid on the cards and settlement of new house in May I may be selling too. Just can’t bring myself to put on Carsales. 

Hopefully if stars align I’ll keep it, if not would be encouraging if this white one fetches near asking. 

• 2 weeks later...

997.2 RS @ CTS $359k, I feel this is quite reasonable, if my memory serves me well, these never dipped below the high 200's.. so really, I don't think you're paying much premium, you could just call it opportunity cost on the money... or whatever helps you sleep at night :lol:

https://classicthrottleshop.com/2010-porsche-997-gt3-rs-gen-2-stone-grey/ 

I know the guy in Brisbane that bought the same spec car above from Gulsons in Canberra in 2013 with 6,000ks for $205k. It was advertised for $245 drive away at the time. There were 8 for sale at once and 5 great ones. All sat for many months.

That was when I picked up my 996 RS for $170K. 

I was seariouly considering the Grey Gulsons car, but the guy took my 911 RSR clone as a trade on the 996 RS.

Job done

3 hours ago, Jason A said:

I know the guy in Brisbane that bought the same spec car above from Gulsons in Canberra in 2013 with 6,000ks for $205k. It was advertised for $245 drive away at the time. There were 8 for sale at once and 5 great ones. All sat for many months.

I was seariouly considering the Grey Gulsons car, but the guy took my 911 RSR clone as a trade on the 996 RS.

Job done

Wow, that’s low, good buying imo! 

I did buy my 6.2 GT3 in 2013 for $90k so... relatively speaking, RS were still commanding a near 100% premium. 

On 03/01/2019 at 19:33, Jason A said:

Job done

that definitely was the time to buy them it seems .......

On 03/01/2019 at 21:24, sleazius said:

We got another 10-15% to go on housing yet. Let’s wait and see.

You're confident how do you see this paying out with respect to the GT values.

I love what the RS stands for however for me the spend (current values) is at that point where I would probably treat it as an investment meaning I would hardly use the bloody thing; at 54 I'm wanting to enjoy driving my cars with out that crap messing with my mind 😂 understanding though,  that It's all relative to our cash on hand!!!  As an example of my mind set if i bought an RS in 2013 for $205k and its now worth circa $350k i'm going to  feel a whole lot more comfortable driving the thing....

I don’t see it that way, as I’d always be considering the “replacement cost”, in terms of an investment when compared to traditional asset classes, it’s not a great one, but not a bad one either... the cool thing is you get to use it, and the RS really does seem to do a lot better (as an investment) than the run of the mill GT3. 

I think the steal in the GT cars market right now is the 996 GT2... mid 200’s asking on most examples, that’s gotta be a good thing! 

I drive my cars, not as a daily but they get used. I made the mistake with my first Porsche and worried about clocking up ks in it. The guy I sold it to has done loads of miles in it.

When you are dead or to old to drive it - it will seem like a waste.

Drive it, track it - clean and pamper it, but don’t sit in your garage and just look at it. All GT3’s are amazing cars - use them as intended I say.

4 minutes ago, Jason A said:

I drive my cars, not as a daily but they get used. I made the mistake with my first Porsche and worried about clocking up ks in it. The guy I sold it to has done loads of miles in it.

When you are dead or to old to drive it - it will seem like a waste.

Drive it, track it - clean and pamper it, but don’t sit in your garage and just look at it. All GT3’s are amazing cars - use them as intended I say.

well said post a pic