997 GT3 Market Watch

27 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

My feeling is that the GT3 with the CS package is a more collectable style of car, after all they are seen as the racer for the road the homologation special etc..

It's rarer in 997, so your long term perspective is definitely sound, look at for example 993 RS vs RS/CS 

19 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Ha!, Maybe that's where I've gone wrong..... I should be in the market for a Boxster...is that grey with red interior one down in Tassie still on the market?!?

I believe it is, what a cracker that is... you should do it! :D

There is definitely a price difference between CS and ‘touring’. I was in the market for years and there was almost always a premium for the cage. The only exception to this was with yellow and white cars. Where the price was the same, it was usually because the paint on the CS was stone chipped to hell.

Just one mans observations.

22 hours ago, Rick V said:

Ha!, Maybe that's where I've gone wrong..... I should be in the market for a Boxster...is that grey with red interior one down in Tassie still on the market?!?

Certainly is Rick.  PM me to discuss 🙂 Starting to get some traction with enquiries now, hasn't helped we've been away from home last 2 weeks with patchy internet access....

997 GT3 Australian New Zealand delivery numbers 

I was asked to by a few people to repost this as they couldn't find my previous post on here

image.jpeg.ffe36732670282caea81ec7df73395d2.jpeg

Further information for your 997 GT3 analysis  -

The breakdown of Club Sport v non Club Sport versions - 997.2 GT3 only (sorry) information supplied by PCA (Porsche Cars Australia)  

Firstly I'd like to make mention that numbers below include NZ cars as well.

The Australian numbers are as follows for years 2010 and 2011 GT3  

Total                                    - 53 

Club Sport (003) Option   - 36

Touring                                - 17

Interesting to note GT3RS V GT3

World wide there were 2200 997.2 GT3 Sold compared with 1600 997.2 GT3RS

In Australia there were 36 997.2GT3CS sold compared with 40 RS's

image.png

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, edgy said:

Yellow 997.1 GT3 at Authohaus is marked Hold/Sold... that leaves two 7.1's and one 7.2 on the market. 

I don’t think you should count the white 997.1 Touring. It’s been on the market for years. When I was looking at purchasing mine a couple of years ago I tried contacting him and got no response. 

26 minutes ago, Mafia88 said:

I don’t think you should count the white 997.1 Touring. It’s been on the market for years. When I was looking at purchasing mine a couple of years ago I tried contacting him and got no response. 

Either do I... there's a reason we refer to him as mr. 2016.... probably one of those "honey, I am struggling to sell that car you don't like" ads. 

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Either do I... there's a reason we refer to him as mr. 2016.... probably one of those "honey, I am struggling to sell that car you don't like" ads. 

Yeah, I think I know the guy listing the white 997.1 Touring, and if I've got the right bloke..... lets just say he's a little bit "different"!

Still waiting to see that Lapis Blue one hit the market @edgy..........

3 hours ago, Rick V said:

Yeah, I think I know the guy listing the white 997.1 Touring, and if I've got the right bloke..... lets just say he's a little bit "different"!

Still waiting to see that Lapis Blue one hit the market @edgy..........

I tried to contact him when I was looking with no luck . Guys an idiot just take your stupid car off the market . 

2 hours ago, edgy said:

Patience... you will be able to visit Mr Lapis the great soon enough! 

Richmond’s ? 

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

Great looking CS - but is it really worth $100k more than the equivalent 996 GT3??.

To be honest, I don't think I would pay the difference even though it may be a "better" GT car to some people.....

I have not seen a nice, clean, no stories,  lowish mile 996 GT3 003 for circa $139k in many years... try high 100's 

having said that, I do think that price is testing the market, but supply is low and the 997.1 with 003 option is quite scarce, they never delivered that many. 

On 18/01/2019 at 09:00, Scott SS964 said:

997 GT3 Australian New Zealand delivery numbers 

I was asked to by a few people to repost this as they couldn't find my previous post on here

image.jpeg.ffe36732670282caea81ec7df73395d2.jpeg

Further information for your 997 GT3 analysis  -

The breakdown of Club Sport v non Club Sport versions - 997.2 GT3 only (sorry) information supplied by PCA (Porsche Cars Australia)  

Firstly I'd like to make mention that numbers below include NZ cars as well.

The Australian numbers are as follows for years 2010 and 2011 GT3  

Total                                    - 53 

Club Sport (003) Option   - 36

Touring                                - 17

Interesting to note GT3RS V GT3

World wide there were 2200 997.2 GT3 Sold compared with 1600 997.2 GT3RS

In Australia there were 36 997.2GT3CS sold compared with 40 RS's

image.png

Any info on .2 2009 numbers CS vs touring?

Thanks 

black Richmond’s looks good and I’m not normally a black lover 

they seem to be able to shift some nice cars , it is nice to see some cars outside the CTS Dutton fold as much I really love my visits to Dutton’s 

Radelaide is comming back to form as a good Porsche hub ..I found my Turbo there many years ago