997 GT3 Market Watch

13 hours ago, symsy said:

Mate , im with you , in that they are gems , I just thought the market had taken a bit of a slashing.. maybe it and I am a  confused by the couple of rogue cars being sold sub 200k

and the change over and somewhat glut of GT3s generally 996 , 7 and 991 as the chase went on for the 991.2 releasing a few cars.

I like many owners would like to see them firmly hold their price and I as a new comer feel they are a very very special car.. still intimate and naalogue enough .. needless to say the performance speaks for itself hence my new love affar with Water.

I know another owner on here sold a car sub 200k but that was not a CS .

Hi all . I believe I may be the new owner of that particular car .

New to the Porsche world but loving it the GT3 was the car I really wanted . Recently did a sight seeing lap around the new circuit The Bend but look forward to a track day in the car .

Loving this car a real exciting car to drive it had 19,000 km on it when I bought it with a full service history . What seems to be the price difference between the CS and my car for re sale ?

gt 3 0.jpeg

5 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

What seems to be the price difference between the CS and my car for re sale ?

Hard to say, for the most part there has not been much delta between the GT3 & GT3 003 (Clubsport), I think now they're getting on this might change a little... particularly for someone who wants to track one, the OEM cage is $8k and the seats are about $16k to buy... 

Oh and welcome to the fold, these are cool cars. :D 

6 minutes ago, edgy said:

Hard to say, for the most part there has not been much delta between the GT3 & GT3 003 (Clubsport), I think now they're getting on this might change a little... particularly for someone who wants to track one, the OEM cage is $8k and the seats are about $16k to buy... 

Oh and welcome to the fold, these are cool cars. :D 

Thanks . My car has a cage but I did want a car with the more conventional seats in it .

4 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Thanks . My car has a cage but I did want a car with the more conventional seats in it .

Hey Wilson Congrats.. im not saying anything wrong with the touring at all .

As for values there are obviously a few options to some that may warrant an uplift in prices .. maybe carbon seats and PCCBrakes and in your case you have the cage and as you say …maybe the better seat for everyday use..

Much of the time many of these cars and what they trade for is unknown..and the diffrence between a well maintained car and a car needing the work..+10-15k

Good choice of colour if I dont say so ;) I have the same

Enjoy

10 minutes ago, symsy said:

Hey Wilson Congrats.. im not saying anything wrong with the touring at all .

As for values there are obviously a few options to some that may warrant an uplift in prices .. maybe carbon seats and PCCBrakes and in your case you have the cage and as you say …maybe the better seat for everyday use..

Much of the time many of these cars and what they trade for is unknow..and the diffrence between a well maintained car and a car needing the work..+10-15k

Good choice of colour if I dont say so ;) I have the same

Enjoy

Thanks Symsy

Anyone done business on an RS lately, particularly a 7.1? 

They seem to be cooling off, I remember when these cars were early 200's... I feel stupid for not buying one back then! (dont we all) 

This has been on the market for a while, with that lovely 7.2 RS @ sub 400k on here... it begs the question as to what a transaction value is on these... 

cp5277433481179840081.jpg?pxc_method=fit

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2007/SSE-AD-4643444/?Cr=0 

9 hours ago, edgy said:

They seem to be cooling off, I remember when these cars were early 200's... I feel stupid for not buying one back then! (dont we all) 

This has been on the market for a while, with that lovely 7.2 RS @ sub 400k on here... it begs the question as to what a transaction value is on these... 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2007/SSE-AD-4643444/?Cr=0 

owner known.. minter.. 

I have a picture on my phone of 2015 Gen2 at MY10 on my phone at 250 probably sold for less in 2015.. just to haunt me and remind me to make decisions.. at the time I thought I might not ever buy another newer Porsche than the TT.. I was blind on so many levels

9 hours ago, edgy said:

I have deep personal knowledge here ... and at 354K this is good buying based on the transaction I’m aware of ...

The 399K 997.2 RS on here is a great price. 

‘The 997.1 RS is a favorite.  Last of the classic 3.6 Mezger  manuals.  

41 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

I have deep personal knowledge here ... and at 354K this is good buying based on the transaction I’m aware of ...

If I’m not mistaken, you ended up with the pumpkin that was in Raymer’s shop the same time my Lapis was there (early 16) 

given there’s a $150k premium to go from the pleb GT3 to the RS... is it worth it objectively? It seems hard to quantify on paper, is the experience really on another level? 

I agree, it’s IMO the best looking RS... whilst the 7.2 is cool and looks cool, I feel the 7.1’s design has a little more restrain and is more resolved. 

19 minutes ago, edgy said:

1 hour ago, Skidmarks said:

Skids .. I think its a diff car .. no?  Diff to the car that went to Rob and then elsewhere I think?  If not the number plate has been on the rounds and I know of another 

I would think you could buy most of the 997.2 RS at 399.. 

Porsche have been offering mega shitty trades to the 991.2 owners.

31 minutes ago, symsy said:

Porsche have been offering mega shitty trades to the 991.2 owners.

My dealer has been forthright about what they are offering on 997.2s, 997.1s, and the RS models of both. Mega shitty is an understatement. If Symsy rocked up to kick your tyres you’d be begging him to make an offer.

Just before the 991.2 came out they were offering around $200k on a 997.2 GT3. I’d hate to think what it is now.

9 hours ago, edgy said:

If I’m not mistaken, you ended up with the pumpkin that was in Raymer’s shop the same time my Lapis was there (early 16) 

given there’s a $150k premium to go from the pleb GT3 to the RS... is it worth it objectively? It seems hard to quantify on paper, is the experience really on another level? 

I agree, it’s IMO the best looking RS... whilst the 7.2 is cool and looks cool, I feel the 7.1’s design has a little more restrain and is more resolved. 

Yes, I did get the one that Rob had.  Paid marginally more that the one in the pics above.   Still have it.  Had the chance to back to back it with the 991GT3RS about a month ago.  The DNA is clear.  The 991 smooth as cat shit over the 997 but for that very reason, the 997 is still special.  

Is an RS it worth it over the “normal” GT3 objectively?  No chance.  

Since when have any of us done anything other than engage in a full fat subjective rationalisation irrespective of what we’re buying or driving. 

It is an RS ... 

1 hour ago, Skidmarks said:

Yes, I did get the one that Rob had. 

When Rob had my 996 GT2 on consignment, I was chipping away at him to swap with cash his way for that very same pumpkin.  At the sort of numbers we talked I should have jumped on it.  Made a few bucks on the GT2 in the end but would have been much better served if the RS was in my garage.  But I’d probably still have the track car dilemma!

17 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Does anyone know the black 997.2 on the carsales site - it looks stunning. The price is a little ambitious at $279990 mind...

Yes I know the car and owner. Price is up there, but it’s very clean and has done stuff all km’s. PM me if you’re interested. I am happy to speak to the owner for you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any inside knowledge of the black 997.2 2010 GT3 for sale at Autohaus Hamilton? Apologies if I sound like a broken record but there has already been some useful information provided on other cars for sale on this thread. Many thanks

8 hours ago, symsy said:

I dont like black cars to own as a general rule , I guess to lazy to look after the paint.. but this has to be getting in the value zone

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2010/OAG-AD-15614491/?Cr=70

And I wonder how negotiable , everyone has a bit of fat in there price ..

It would want a really good look at.  It has an RS front lip (I think) on it that is marked, the wheels have been repainted black, the body paint looks very flat and it doesn't have front lift which as I found is essential.

Also you want to see if it has a track log book, because the hubs need to be replaced after extended track usage.  All the official dealers know this, and price the cars accordingly.  Brighton had a black .2 clubsport when I was there 3 weeks ago that they had bought and were about to fit new hubs too, because the track history was unknown.

Just now, symsy said:

When you hubs , you mean the centre lock hubs??  What causes them to wear.. it doesnt have many KMS?

The stress of track work, uprights need replacing after so many ks as well. Cup car fast,requires cup car maintenance. Think 10 to 1 track v road Kms in wear and tear 

16 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

It would want a really good look at.  It has an RS front lip (I think) on it that is marked, the wheels have been repainted black, the body paint looks very flat and it doesn't have front lift which as I found is essential.

Also you want to see if it has a track log book, because the hubs need to be replaced after extended track usage.  All the official dealers know this, and price the cars accordingly.  Brighton had a black .2 clubsport when I was there 3 weeks ago that they had bought and were about to fit new hubs too, because the track history was unknown.

I agree. This car seems to be underprepared for sale especially from a dealer , which leads me to an assumption that they have done some numbers on bringing the car back up to immaculate spec and have decided  putting the car to market as is for a quicker sale is their preferred strategy.

As the person above pointed out a really good PPI is essential on these cars and if you can find out its history from the owner/s even better.

There is always a reason when something looks cheap/er.

HUBS - Just on the hubs Porsche did a recall on the rear hubs at some point something that needs to be checked on these cars.

Over Revs - If anything knocks the hell out of the value (or maybe I should say saleability) of these cars its an Over REV report reading above a stage 1 - When in warranty a stage 3/4 OverRev will require the oil filters to be sent to Porsche Germany and they decide as to wether a rebuild is required etc to maintain your warranty... something like that...

Case in example is another Black 997.2 GT3CS on on the market with Doncaster; This car has had 2 stage 4 over revs recorded along with others, its a brilliant well optioned car that has been checked and does still hold a factory extended warranty. However my money would stay in my pocket based on that fact alone with that sort of spend.

Noting at this stage Porsche only allow you to extend the factory warranty of these cars for up until the car is 10 years of age, (which most are now getting close). Meaning you do not have this safety net to fall back on when selling after this point in time.