997 GT3 Market Watch

59 minutes ago, JB said:

Seriously tempting I so want a white gt3 with scaffolding, but he Looses me at the would’nt trust anyone but a Porsche dealer. From my side of the fence it’s the other way around I wouldn’t trust the paper it’s written on from pcb and that’s from direct experience across 3 seperate PC dealers. The independent guys are porsche enthusiasts with a depth of knowledge and it’s  their own business, Say no more.

great buy if you can afford to roll the dice....

anyone want to buy a 997 4S?...

Ball's in your court JB, tell him it's your guy or no one... 

1 hour ago, JB said:

Seriously tempting I so want a white gt3 with scaffolding, but he Looses me at the would’nt trust anyone but a Porsche dealer. From my side of the fence it’s the other way around I wouldn’t trust the paper it’s written on from pcb and that’s from direct experience across 3 seperate PC dealers. The independent guys are porsche enthusiasts with a depth of knowledge and it’s  their own business, Say no more.

great buy if you can afford to roll the dice....

anyone want to buy a 997 4S?...

Take a close look at the roof ;)

Yes it does. But it was quite a while ago and the engine is still going. To be honest, it’s a Gt3 which has been tracked, just like most of them. I don’t see this being a problem. I guarantee most have range 6 overrevs that have been tracked. Happy to be proven wrong.

regardless, at $170k, even if the engine blows, you’re still going ok.

The car is fine for the price, yes its got history but nothing to bad just some people who have no idea over state it, you may be surprised just how many GT3's are damaged then repaired & no one would know not even a PPI, they generally don't get repaired by the local crap panel shop  

Yes it has been tracked as they all have, id buy it if i was in the market for one 

If you can afford to buy it do so & track the crap out of it as i did in my old 997 GT3, if your not a track person just drive & enjoy, you only live once.  

Ive got an idea.. if someone wants to buy my Cup Car & my 996 C2 ill go & buy this GT3 :D

1 hour ago, GRK930 said:

Yes it does. But it was quite a while ago and the engine is still going. To be honest, it’s a Gt3 which has been tracked, just like most of them. I don’t see this being a problem. I guarantee most have range 6 overrevs that have been tracked. Happy to be proven wrong.

regardless, at $170k, even if the engine blows, you’re still going ok.

Just letting you on what I know ? 

10 hours ago, symsy said:

Take a close look at the roof ;)

Thanks bud the old she goes faster the other way around..

im not concerned about a car that’s been tracked my preference is a car that’s been loved and looked after.

11 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Ball's in your court JB, tell him it's your guy or no one... 

I wish do you want a very loved 4S?

Been reading this forum over the past 3 months. Great for the info. Thanks for saving me the effort to enquire about the 997.1 GT3 that has everyone talking and is being listed again.

Do you remember a white 997.2 white GT3 in Victoria was advertised at $220k-ish with about 20,000km about 5 months ago that appeared one owner, and babied? That sticks out as the recent good value purchase when there were around 7-8 advertised on carsales, but now it is down to 3 7.2 GT3 available for sale. Rarer than hen's teeth.

5 hours ago, HWY said:

Been reading this forum over the past 3 months. Great for the info. Thanks for saving me the effort to enquire about the 997.1 GT3 that has everyone talking and is being listed again.

Do you remember a white 997.2 white GT3 in Victoria was advertised at $220k-ish with about 20,000km about 5 months ago that appeared one owner, and babied? That sticks out as the recent good value purchase when there were around 7-8 advertised on carsales, but now it is down to 3 7.2 GT3 available for sale. Rarer than hen's teeth.

Yes. If it’s the one I’m thinking of, it had had 2 owners and an engine rebuild. Sold for around $225

I thought the Mezger was bulletproof?  Mis-priced manual 997 anything are few and far between- never in a month of Sundays.

In any case, would love to get a touring model as the race buckets are hard to get out of and I don't live close to any tracks.

1 hour ago, HWY said:

I thought the Mezger was bulletproof?  Mis-priced manual 997 anything are few and far between- never in a month of Sundays.

In any case, would love to get a touring model as the race buckets are hard to get out of and I don't live close to any tracks.

You just slide the seat back .. buckets rule ;)

Qld raceway , Lakeside , Norwell and a few other tracks.. you better get out there bud !!

and theres the back run to Byron Cars and Coffee .. all good GT3 territory 

Norwell is a great track- but they don't allow private hiring of their track anymore. Noise complaints from neighbours apparently earlier this year.  Qld Raceway- yep, but that is a bit of a drive.

You are right about the Springbrook drives- but naturally on regular roads none of us are exploiting the full potential of the vehicle. Will have to come to the Byron Cars and Coffee as the local one was a little disappointing for what I am interested in.

11 hours ago, HWY said:

Some people can break anything 

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:57 AM, HWY said:

HWY - It is worth considering what is said on this forum, however don't take any of it as gospel. I looked at one car last year that checked out very well yet was written off by the forum collective. I would have purchased however someone beat me to it. Sometimes cars are priced lower for reasons that you might be comfortable with, so if something looks worthwhile, don't automatically let the collective turn you off. Sometimes they are also just junk, so tread wisely.

1 hour ago, bear924 said:

HWY - It is worth considering what is said on this forum, however don't take any of it as gospel. I looked at one car last year that checked out very well yet was written off by the forum collective. I would have purchased however someone beat me to it. Sometimes cars are priced lower for reasons that you might be comfortable with, so if something looks worthwhile, don't automatically let the collective turn you off. Sometimes they are also just junk, so tread wisely.

Great advise right there. 

16 hours ago, bear924 said:

I'd say that there is typically a lot of good freely available information on here. It is however (as always) up to any individual to do their own homework. I wouldn't recommend anyone make any considerable purchases or decisions based on what they have read on the internet alone..........................however, if you know the right people to speak with it can be extremely helpful. 

The internet does enable a huge amount of information to be shared, the challenge is trying to navigate the good from the BS. ;)

Thanks for the views.  I am going to generalise a little:

For modern P-cars from say, 993 and on most people will want matching numbers, straight, even preferably Australian delivered. However, back before the 964 many P cars were mixed and matched as prices were not unobtainium like what the current market dictates. So like everything it is horses for courses. If you want to track the vehicle and accept that it is a thrasher, then one may not mind the checkered history. However, if the car is something that you have worked many years to earn, then you probably want to have the straightest example your budget allows for.

Mostly specialized forums are solid places to dig around for information before laying down the money, so thanks for the views.