997 GT3 Market Watch

42 minutes ago, klassisch said:

from my experience the only buyers for 997.1 GT3’s are under 200k. 

I reckon GT4 has impacted prices.  Before you all howl me down, I know, you can't channel your inner Matt Campbell in a GT4, a GT4 is not a 911, mid engine is sacrilege blah and for some only a GT3 will do.  I get it.

But for a proportion of buyers (like me), it was more about which provided a more enjoyable ownership experience ALL things considered. GT4 typically under 2 years/10,000km old, just as fast and engaging, better balanced, rave reviews online, nicer cabin so has to be a very real alternative to a $200k+, 11 year old GT3 with 4x,xxx kms.  Not all buyers naturally, but even if a portion of buyers do what I did, that reduces GT3 demand and prices fall.  there are constantly GT3 & GT4 at $215, 220, 225 and more that sit around but those a tad under $200k seem to sell.  The next GT4 will be much more expensive I'm told so it's probably a once off 981 impact.

heres a thought, new GT4 is say $275k, does that make the GT3 tragic value a 997 GT3 for more than 200k.......ah, who bloody knows.

5 hours ago, klassisch said:

I sold my 08 Silver GT3 the week before last for 195k. The phones were silent at 229k and 219k, so I took it off CS. But when I put it back on CS at 205k the phone started ringing and I took a deposit the first day. Another guy who rang me just after I sold it was willing to give me a deposit and was going to buy the black one, so may have proceeded with buying it. 

Mine was a fine example and from my experience the only buyers for 997.1 GT3’s are under 200k. 

Klassisch, As you ponder your next Porsche, what are you leaning towards?

5 hours ago, DJM said:

I reckon GT4 has impacted prices.  Before you all howl me down, I know, you can't channel your inner Matt Campbell in a GT4, a GT4 is not a 911, mid engine is sacrilege blah and for some only a GT3 will do.  I get it.

But for a proportion of buyers (like me), it was more about which provided a more enjoyable ownership experience ALL things considered. GT4 typically under 2 years/10,000km old, just as fast and engaging, better balanced, rave reviews online, nicer cabin so has to be a very real alternative to a $200k+, 11 year old GT3 with 4x,xxx kms.  Not all buyers naturally, but even if a portion of buyers do what I did, that reduces GT3 demand and prices fall.  there are constantly GT3 & GT4 at $215, 220, 225 and more that sit around but those a tad under $200k seem to sell.  The next GT4 will be much more expensive I'm told so it's probably a once off 981 impact.

heres a thought, new GT4 is say $275k, does that make the GT3 tragic value a 997 GT3 for more than 200k.......ah, who bloody knows.

Spoken like a GT4 owner :-) and perhaps your thinking has some merit.  Your GT4 is a stunning car in White with Platinum; and you drive it well too. For me when i consider a GT4 it just comes back to the shape; I prefer the 911..... bloody designers!!!!     Note - All Porsche's wearing GT badges are designed to be great driving cars. Maybe you could be tempted in a 997.2 GT3CS @DJM matchy matchy..

5 hours ago, symsy said:

40 minutes ago, bear924 said:

Klassisch, As you ponder your next Porsche, what are you leaning towards?

Hey Bear, I was going to go a 991 for an alrounder and I almost pulled the trigger by ordering a Manual Carrera  “T”. After driving the 991’s, for me they lack the excitement factor, would go as far to say more a Touring car than a really fun drivers car. 

I’m currently thinking of upgrading my Audi A6 Allroad for an RS6 for the daily, and sourcing a Manual 964 Coupe for the weekend stuff. 

7 hours ago, klassisch said:

I sold my 08 Silver GT3 the week before last for 195k. The phones were silent at 229k and 219k, so I took it off CS. But when I put it back on CS at 205k the phone started ringing and I took a deposit the first day. Another guy who rang me just after I sold it was willing to give me a deposit and was going to buy the black one, so may have proceeded with buying it. 

Mine was a fine example and from my experience the only buyers for 997.1 GT3’s are under 200k. 

Thank you for sharing that information. Congrats on the sale.

Hopefully the 7.1 values stay where they are or there about.... I’m having too much fun tracking it... although I often think about selling up and buying a Cup Car. 

They’ve never really been 200k + cars, not unless you have something really exceptional. 

The GT4 definitely presents a better value proposition for those guys that want it all at that price, warranty inclusive! I run with a few GT4’s and they’re quick! Just as quick as 10 yo GT3.... 

On 2/25/2018 at 3:35 PM, GRK930 said:

Thank you for sharing that information. Congrats on the sale.

Clarity .. I dont think its was a Club Sport though.  I wouldnt wanna be retro fitting a cage and seats... mega expensive .. I would however have a set of CS touring seats if your cars a keeper.. and have the best of both worlds.    Silver is a great colour on them .   Its all preferences but also like my own car it has PCCB in the config too., I personally think it warranty a slight spread in the prices.   Remember lastly , most of these cars ar now 10 years old , you will need belts and fire extinguisers perhaps if you doing serious track/competition work

2 hours ago, symsy said:

Clarity .. I dont think its was a Club Sport though.  I wouldnt wanna be retro fitting a cage and seats... mega expensive .. I would however have a set of CS touring seats if your cars a keeper.. and have the best of both worlds.    Silver is a great colour on them .   Its all preferences but also like my own car it has PCCB in the config too., I personally think it warranty a slight spread in the prices.   Remember lastly , most of these cars ar now 10 years old , you will need belts and fire extinguisers perhaps if you doing serious track/competition work

Would you have pics of the CS touring seats? Mine is just a ‘bone stock’ GT3 with standard seats, belts and no cage. I’m not much of a track guy though, so I enjoy the comfort.

1 minute ago, GRK930 said:

Would you have pics of the CS touring seats? Mine is just a ‘bone stock’ GT3 with standard seats, belts and no cage. I’m not much of a track guy though, so I enjoy the comfort.

Touring seats are probably what you have ..  The carbon fibre buckets.. are the others , two varieties I believe..  I drove Melb to Goldcoast in the buckets suprisingly comfy.. but im sure your leather wins in tee comfort stakes.. 

2 minutes ago, symsy said:

Touring seats are probably what you have ..  The carbon fibre buckets.. are the others , two varieties I believe..  I drove Melb to Goldcoast in the buckets suprisingly comfy.. but im sure your leather wins in tee comfort stakes.. 

Yes they are comfy. I’m actually surprised how nice the car drives around town. I always presumed the ride would be much harsher. 

On 26/02/2018 at 7:27 PM, symsy said:

The carbon fibre buckets.. are the others , two varieties I believe..  I drove Melb to Goldcoast in the buckets suprisingly comfy.. but im sure your leather wins in tee comfort stakes.. 

These seats you speak of are the 997 GT2 seats Symsy. I got a quote from Carnewal on a pair,  8350 Euro shipped to AU. or  $13.5k~ AUD 

They are able to be folded so you can put shit in the back. 

24 minutes ago, edgy said:

These seats you speak of are the 997 GT2 seats Symsy. I got a quote from Carnewal on a pair,  8350 Euro shipped to AU. or  $13.5k~ AUD 

Ok will keep an eye out at the local , car trash and treasure meet then :) 

2 hours ago, edgy said:

I was originally going to option them, then I got on rennlist and all dudes my size recommended fixed because of how broad I am. The fixed buckets definitely take some getting use to. So it'd be interesting to try the folding ones to compare.

56 minutes ago, sleazius said:

I was originally going to option them, then I got on rennlist and all dudes my size recommended fixed because of how broad I am. The fixed buckets definitely take some getting use to. So it'd be interesting to try the folding ones to compare.

I don't know how close the GT2 seats are to the new folding ones? But the 996 GT3 and 997 GT3 (aka CGT) fixed are completely different... I ended up with the 996 GT3 seats in my 997 because I'm wider than the average, and I like their shoulder support they have, I sat in the 997 CGT seats and did not like them at all...  

Seats are definitely subjective! 

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 6:43 PM, bear924 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2008/SSE-AD-4670370/?Cr=1

Club sport, white MY08. Full Service history with 33k km. Price $198k (recently dropped from $208k)

Appears to have dropped price to $188k, and was then listed as sold a short time later. Looked like a nice car so I'm sure someone is feeling happy about their purchase at the moment.  So it seems to me that $190ish seems to be the going rate of 7 GT3s at the moment. 

Leaves carsales with a 7 GT3 at $225k (seems a little high given kms, however I'm not over the options) and the orange WOVR one at $165k. There are also some series 2 GT3s starting at the $250ish mark. My gut is that if series one cars are selling at $190k, series two should be around the $220-230k mark to move? Will be interesting to see.

3 hours ago, bear924 said:

Appears to have dropped price to $188k, and was then listed as sold a short time later. Looked like a nice car so I'm sure someone is feeling happy about their purchase at the moment.  So it seems to me that $190ish seems to be the going rate of 7 GT3s at the moment. 

Leaves carsales with a 7 GT3 at $225k (seems a little high given kms, however I'm not over the options) and the orange WOVR one at $165k. There are also some series 2 GT3s starting at the $250ish mark. My gut is that if series one cars are selling at $190k, series two should be around the $220-230k mark to move? Will be interesting to see.

Very sharp price for  CS.. probably still see +-10-15k drifts in price for a few options and the state of servicing tyres etc . Also Red and a few funky colours seem to get premium 

3 hours ago, bear924 said:

13 minutes ago, symsy said:

Very sharp price for  CS.. probably still see +-10-15k drifts in price for a few options and the state of servicing tyres etc . Also Red and a few funky colours seem to get premium 

Pretty sure the car had a history and the price was somewhat reflective of it. 

5 hours ago, bear924 said:

I have driven the Mornington car and agree with Hughs comments; If you are after an original well looked after 997.1 GT3 i'd be budgeting on between $195 -215K with condition/kms and options being the variables -- With the 2's there has not been a sale under $240K a speed yellow with a few Targa's under its belt and a re paint. @bear924 are you a buyer or?

1 hour ago, Scott SS964 said:

I have driven the Mornington car and agree with Hughs comments; If you are after an original well looked after 997.1 GT3 i'd be budgeting on between $195 -215K with condition/kms and options being the variables -- With the 2's there has not been a sale under $240K a speed yellow with a few Targa's under its belt and a re paint. @bear924 are you a buyer or?

I'm more of a ? than a buyer at the moment, haven't kicked any tyres as I don't kick unless I'm ready to buy.  Therefore my comments are only based on what I can gather from car sales and any other publically available information.  My ? positioning is based primarily on being unsure what to buy next, mixed with some doubt about the value of Porsche cars in general at the moment and a few other things happening that I'm waiting to settle. Have recently started to follow the 7 GT3 market more closely as I suspect they're great cars and may provide what I'm looking for in my next Porsche. That said, I could easily find myself late air cooled, 6 Metzger or even 7 turbo. Last weekend I was even looking at early Boxsters however I've gone off that idea after comparing power/ torque figures and receiving feedback from my wife (who laughed at me, obviously my many years of Boxster critique was listened to after all...) .

Once I decided on my personal balance between performance, drivability, interest and value I'll go shopping, till then I'll just keep pondering in the marketplace discussion section of PFA and hope values don't double in the next two months. 

@bear924 Further information for your 997 GT3 analysis  -

The breakdown of Club Sport v non Club Sport versions - 997.2 GT3 only (sorry) information supplied by PCA (Porsche Cars Australia) 

Firstly I'd like to make mention that numbers below include NZ cars as well.

The Australian numbers are as follows for years 2010 and 2011 GT3  

Total                                    - 53

Club Sport (003) Option   - 36

Touring                                - 17

Recent sales (2 years)  indicate that that a high percentage of the .2 cars re sold have been Touring versions with a number of these appearing to be sold more than once during this period.

Interesting to note GT3RS V GT3

World wide there were only 2200 997 .2 GT3 Sold compared with 1600 GT3RS

In Australia there were 36 997.2GT3CS sold compared with 40 RS's

997 GT3 delivery stats.jpg

3 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

If that is the yellow car I PPI’d it’s a surprise. There were no issues coming back on that car, and it was PPI’d at Porsche!

8 minutes ago, sleazius said:

If that is the yellow car I PPI’d it’s a surprise. There were no issues coming back on that car, and it was PPI’d at Porsche!

8 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I didn't say that there was any issues persay, I only shared the known history. This is where a PPI can only tell you so much I guess; PCA Motorsport looked after the car for the original owner Max Warrick.

4 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

Sorry if you miss understood, I didn't  say there were any issues i merely indicated its history and facts. PCA Motorsport looked after the car for a gentlemen by the name of Max Warrick.

Is that the car that was on the nsw north coast?