Ok edgy a real hotrod and cash .. and I wanna discount 😃 and the cage and I don’t mean the dogs one 

Thanks for the feedback guys, doesn’t make it any easier to sell, and either way, I’m ok if it stays or goes now, I can clearly make a case for both scenarios, but I promised myself I’d have a shot at moving on this year... so I’m rolling the dice and letting fate decide... one thing’s for sure, I doubt there will be many more opportunities to buy into this model at this pricing level without getting a “story” with the car. 

49 minutes ago, symsy said:

Ok edgy a real hotrod and cash .. and I wanna discount 😃 and the cage and I don’t mean the dogs one 

I don’t need anymore cars to garage, this one is going to storage next week as it is... 

3 hours ago, edgy said:

Thanks for the feedback guys, doesn’t make it any easier to sell, and either way, I’m ok if it stays or goes now, I can clearly make a case for both scenarios, but I promised myself I’d have a shot at moving on this year... so I’m rolling the dice and letting fate decide... one thing’s for sure, I doubt there will be many more opportunities to buy into this model at this pricing level without getting a “story” with the car. 

I don’t need anymore cars to garage, this one is going to storage next week as it is... 

The offer of storage in the garage still holds, as long as you leave the keys, I’ve moved the tractors to the barn in preparation! Seriously GLWS.

Bargains but that said 15k goes. nowhere on a car not up to scratch , mines Been in full brakes , fluid , gearbox fluids , full service .. etc will top 6-10 k before I’m done and when u look at sticky buttons , painting centre  consoles ,door kicks , wraps , spliters etc ., which are the regular tidy ups on these things ,   I still reckon  they are 199-215k cars if all sorted .. most cars also have out of date belts , extinguishers , will probably need 2k of rubber .   Mr Black , Red and Lapis are all great lookers .. 

Have not seen the black CS, but knowing the standards that Richmonds have, it should be a good car with zero $$ to spend. 

I think what we're now seeing is downward pressure on the 996/997 market caused by the falling 991 GT3 market... which makes some sense to those that are cross shopping 997 & 991.. but for those who purely want the last Mezger car, not so much.... and my suspicions are that those guys who want them, already have them. 

36 minutes ago, edgy said:

Have not seen the black CS, but knowing the standards that Richmonds have, it should be a good car with zero $$ to spend. 

I think what we're now seeing is downward pressure on the 996/997 market caused by the falling 991 GT3 market... which makes some sense to those that are cross shopping 997 & 991.. but for those who purely want the last Mezger car, not so much.... and my suspicions are that those guys who want them, already have them. 

I paid $190000 ish for my car over a year ago it was perfect and only 19,000 km on it and not a cent to spend . I kept an eye on the market and that was where they always seemed to be so nothing has really changed IMO .

I bought it with the idea of driving it the thought of losing money was always a expectation .

16 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I paid $190000 ish for my car over a year ago it was perfect and only 19,000 km on it and not a cent to spend . I kept an eye on the market and that was where they always seemed to be so nothing has really changed IMO .

I bought it with the idea of driving it the thought of losing money was always a expectation .

My comments were in relation to the price adjustment from $239k to $199k, sorry I didn't make that clear...  The Black CS was originally listed at $239k, and I just don't think the appetite is there to test those waters when there is pricing overlap with 991. So it seems $200k is a point of resistance for 997 prices.  

$199k for that Black CS is a very good deal IMO, so yes, as you state.. 997 market conditions seemingly unaffected, for now... but if listing my car has taught me anything about the market, buyers expect perfect cars. 

4 hours ago, edgy said:

I think the factors influencing the GT3 market are inline with housing, there's a slowing and the psychology is shifting meaning buyers have expectations of a cheaper entry point. If people need to sell to get out of the market then this may/will occur. I think what needs to be reiterated here is that the Mezger 997 GT3 in 4.0 3.8 3.6 versions are very highly regarded worldwide. If price is your concern then over the medium to long term these models will perform very well. The 997 GT3 4.0, 3.8 and 3.6 in that order are the beach front, water view cars of the property market and yes they are not immune and will decrease in value in a downturn no question, but let me tell you no where near as much as some of the other plan jane versions of the 911 that have seen dramatic increases in value over the last few years. If my thinking is correct these plain jane cars may not see these values again for a very long time into the future if ever. 

The market has spoken already spoken to the future pricing trend for the 991.1GT3 for reasons that we have all discussed on this forum, for this reason I would not align a 997 with a 991, and I think time will reflect this.

9 minutes ago, edgy said:

My comments were in relation to the price adjustment from $239k to $199k, sorry I didn't make that clear...  The Black CS was originally listed at $239k, and I just don't think the appetite is there to test those waters when there is pricing overlap with 991. So it seems $200k is a point of resistance for 997 prices.  

$199k for that Black CS is a very good deal IMO, so yes, as you state.. 997 market conditions seemingly unaffected, for now... but if listing my car has taught me anything about the market, buyers expect perfect cars. 

No you were clear it all makes sense . I think Richmond's were trying it on with that price .

Great insights...even considering some of you have cars on the market.

Brilliant ad @edgy. If that doesn’t deter the tyre kickers nothing will! GLWS mate, someone will get an awesome car (or you will get to keep it :D).

10 hours ago, spiller said:

Brilliant ad @edgy. If that doesn’t deter the tyre kickers nothing will! GLWS mate, someone will get an awesome car (or you will get to keep it :D).

Thanks mate, and thanks again for your help when things went to shit with Richmonds. 

You'd think that my ad would deter idiots, believe it or not I received a message through the car sales messenger to ask me why my first sentence says never tracked, but theres a photos of it at the track... I guess people really don't read the 2nd paragraph and beyond these days! 

3 hours ago, edgy said:

Thanks mate, and thanks again for your help when things went to shit with Richmonds. 

You'd think that my ad would deter idiots, believe it or not I received a message through the car sales messenger to ask me why my first sentence says never tracked, but theres a photos of it at the track... I guess people really don't read the 2nd paragraph and beyond these days! 

@edgy I’ll swap ya for a fully sic hsv, $50k cash and half eaten sausage roll...

1 hour ago, JB said:

@edgy I’ll swap ya for a fully sic hsv, $50k cash and half eaten sausage roll...

Throw in a fish tank and a playstation and we're talking a real gumtree swap offer! 

21 minutes ago, edgy said:

Throw in a fish tank and a playstation and we're talking a real gumtree swap offer! 

That’s about the caliber of things atm. Had a guy call the other day on mine and all he wanted to know is whether it had Bluetooth 😖

6 minutes ago, JB said:

That’s about the caliber of things atm. Had a guy call the other day on mine and all he wanted to know is whether it had Bluetooth 😖

Yup, which is why I was reluctant to go throwing another $10k at the car to tidy it up, in this market, thats diminishing returns and probably still won't net a buyer! 

Be interested to see how long the black CS at Richmonds takes to sell... that'll be a good litmus test of how fast transactions are taking place. 

Red , Lapis and Black are still the fun colours over Yellow!! 

On 02/04/2019 at 16:48, symsy said:

Red , Lapis and Black are still the fun colours over Yellow!! 

All still on the market too.. and mr red just dropped asking to $205k 

Ive had no interest in mine even at $25k under the next lowest priced example, it’s definitely a buyers market!  

If nothing transpired in the next 2 weeks, I will remove my one from the market, it’s already been mothballed.... 

22 minutes ago, edgy said:

All still on the market too.. and mr red just dropped asking to $205k 

Ive had no interest in mine even at $25k under the next lowest priced example, it’s definitely a buyers market!  

If nothing transpired in the next 2 weeks, I will remove my one from the market, it’s already been mothballed.... 

Nothings happening mate. It’s not the pricing it’s the economy. Wait until election is over. All those private cars bar the obvious one, are great cars and great buys. Definitely a buyers market just need to move mine on so I can slip into GT world.... I’m ready 

2 minutes ago, JB said:

I think that’s going to baby Jesus

too much to attempt to fix then it’s not worth anything as it’s wovr. 

Parts..

Baby Jesus can fix it