Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Great advice . I think I will end up with something for the track eventually 

You already own it... 😉 

7 minutes ago, hugh said:

That's why cage, seats & harness get my vote! :)

I agree, if you’re going to track... get the CS package... it’s getting too damn hard and expensive to buy the OEM stuff, which let’s face it... bolts right in, looks the part and has no legal implications being OEM... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, edgy said:

You already own it... 😉 

I agree, if you’re going to track... get the CS package... it’s getting too damn hard and expensive to buy the OEM stuff, which let’s face it... bolts right in, looks the part and has no legal implications being OEM... 

I want a shitter edgy . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I want a shitter edgy . 

Buy a tiptronic Boxster then... you can thank me later! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I want a shitter edgy . 

Clear film and a set of fresh rubber is all you need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Edgy I actually like your assessment with buying a GT 3 . I think sometimes I bought the wrong car .

When I was in the  in the market I looked for the lowest km best condition car I could find with in my head the intention of tracking and a Sunday car .It is a Sunday car and a hell of a lot of fun but still have not tracked it .

I think my better option would have been a not so perfect example priced accordingly that I would not have cared tracking and using it for what I intended in the first place .

Like we are all different ......so are our buying motives... in my experience if your're a true track rat you will track any car regardless of entry price point you may not take it on the milk run though.  

I believe that the Club Sport is the preferred spec by most GT3 buyers as it represents the true race car for road experience, think race seats, half cage, bright coloured harness/s, fat extinguisher, it provides the full emotional connection with the GT3 concept - The 003 option represents so much more than the sum of its parts and this will make it more desirable and a much better long term hold.

I too have monitored the GT3 sales since they were 1st produced with the 996.1 and one fact stands out above all else and that is, the comfort version (touring) is offered for sale more than twice as often as the Club Sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, hugh said:

Clear film and a set of fresh rubber is all you need. 

Clear film done car is fitted with a cage already I am on the hunt for some seats 

To be honest I will use it for what is intended that is what I bought it for   . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

in my experience if your're a true track rat you will track any car regardless of entry price point you may not take it on the milk run though.  

Theres a lot of truth in this... to try and draw a relative comparison, we buy houses... they are often the single most expensive thing we buy in our lifetime... yet, we have no problem raising a family in them, letting (ok finding out after the fact) kids draw on walls, watching in dismay as pets utilise the ‘amenities’, having friends over for dinner parties that sometimes get out of control.. you get the picture! 

You can’t track your house... otherwise by this logic, we would. 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, edgy said:

Theres a lot of truth in this... to try and draw a relative comparison, we buy houses... they are often the single most expensive thing we buy in our lifetime... yet, we have no problem raising a family in them, letting (ok finding out after the fact) kids draw on walls, watching in dismay as pets utilise the ‘amenities’, having friends over for dinner parties that sometimes get out of control.. you get the picture! 

You can’t track your house... otherwise by this logic, we would. 😂 

I’m the same with my house . Let’s face it once the Grifter gets in tomorrow investments will be a dirty word just use everything as intended and enjoy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Clear film done car is fitted with a cage already I am on the hunt for some seats 

To be honest I will use it for what is intended that is what I bought it for   . 

 

Good man! Plenty of pampered cars see the odd track day and are not subjected to anything worse than what potential ware/damage you get from a spirited country drive. Be sensible, despite the odd dickhead most people are there to enjoy their cars and not to race. Best way to enjoy these cars to their real potential and I'm surprised that more people don't do it to be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hugh said:

Good man! Plenty of pampered cars see the odd track day and are not subjected to anything worse than what potential ware/damage you get from a spirited country drive. Be sensible, despite the odd dickhead most people are there to enjoy their cars and not to race. Best way to enjoy these cars to their real potential and I'm surprised that more people don't do it to be honest. 

I did my best to destroy expensive race bikes so well accustomed to the joys of destroying nice things at the track 

I won’t try as hard with the car . My best effort at destroying bikes at Hidden Valley 250 km/h get off

971041_557788940953620_1401078973_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I won’t try as hard with the car . 

Famous last words! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I’m the same with my house . Let’s face it once the Grifter gets in tomorrow investments will be a dirty word just use everything as intended and enjoy 

😂 Remains to be seen... but one way or another, I’ll be glad to see the back of this election. 

11 minutes ago, hugh said:

Good man! Plenty of pampered cars see the odd track day and are not subjected to anything worse than what potential ware/damage you get from a spirited country drive. Be sensible, despite the odd dickhead most people are there to enjoy their cars and not to race. Best way to enjoy these cars to their real potential and I'm surprised that more people don't do it to be honest. 

The track is safer than the road for sure... as you mentioned, a film application in at least the critical areas will help to preserve it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hugh said:

Good man! Plenty of pampered cars see the odd track day and are not subjected to anything worse than what potential ware/damage you get from a spirited country drive. Be sensible, despite the odd dickhead most people are there to enjoy their cars and not to race. Best way to enjoy these cars to their real potential and I'm surprised that more people don't do it to be honest. 

Totally I've been MIA on the track action since the 996GT3 such good fun on the track remembering you only need go as fast as you like...... no race ..... and you get to keep your license lots of upside!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way you can really appreciate these cars, is to get them out on track.

You will significantly improve your understanding of how to drive the car well when on the road in a spirited drive. With full confidence that you are well below the cars limits.

Most stone chips arrive from chasing and overtaking other cars, in particular the one with slicks.

Get out and have a go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been saying for a while the price gap between 997 & 996 GT3 has been to wide in Aus compared to other global markets. 

So there needed to be a correction- lets watch with interest 👀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, James P said:

997.1 GT3 prices are becoming more reasonable, thats 2 cars in the $160k bracket in a month or so from dealers https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-2007/OAG-AD-17193250/?Cr=20

Interesting. So that’s both touring models, so can we assume cs around 190 mark?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JB said:

Interesting. So that’s both touring models, so can we assume cs around 190 mark?

Yep $30,000 for some seats . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Yep $30,000 for some seats . 

And scaffolding...

😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, James P said:

And clutch..

Interesting. What’s the deal with the clutch ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Eagle has landed! ........ ok, so it's not an eagle, but it is a sensationally presented Red 997 GT3 unloading (finally) in Adelaide.  thanks again @Mafia88 .... rest assured that it is in good hands.

IMG_0927.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...