997 GT3 Market Watch

Love the look of a 997 GT3, even more so with my mate having recently purchased a red one.  And the red one at Richmonds looks compelling value......only problem is I would have sell my 996.2 GT3 to upgrade, & I couldn’t bring myself to do that!  Back to work to earn more $$’s I guess.

2 hours ago, Rick V said:

Love the look of a 997 GT3, even more so with my mate having recently purchased a red one.  And the red one at Richmonds looks compelling value......only problem is I would have sell my 996.2 GT3 to upgrade, & I couldn’t bring myself to do that!  Back to work to earn more $$’s I guess.

The 997 looks very pretty, but the performance step up over 996.2 is not big enough to justify 30-40 grand IMO. 996.2 is aging gracefully!

32 minutes ago, spiller said:

The 997 looks very pretty, but the performance step up over 996.2 is not big enough to justify 30-40 grand IMO. 996.2 is aging gracefully!

I’ve been privileged enough to drive both. I think they are different cars. The 996 definitely feels ‘older’. Either way, I love them both

16 hours ago, spiller said:

I think the 997.1 has a timeless look, its a very nice looking car, always was, always will be... and you are right, the 996.2 is looking better with age, I also think the 996.1 is starting to out edge the 6.2 too in the looks department... it used to be the other way round (I preferred the 6.2 look over the 6.1) 

15 hours ago, GRK930 said:

I’ve been privileged enough to drive both. I think they are different cars. The 996 definitely feels ‘older’. Either way, I love them both

100% agree... having owned both, that is accurate, actually there are times I sit and think about the differences, and the 996 probably stands out more as the "classic" 

On 17/06/2019 at 12:56, edgy said:

Here is the current 997 offerings... 

Mr Black, appears to be a 003 - $180k ... looks like a good one to go to the track with? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-2007/SSE-AD-5097400/?Cr=4 

53pivmm371r3050pdrfe0osuu.jpg?pxc_method

Mr white, 003 car - $210k ... started at a cheeky $235k, perhaps the time on the market and pricing suggest its not an urgent sale? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-2008/OAG-AD-16749478/?Cr=7 

61ca0409647203996e68b7e335f66734.jpg?pxc

Mr? How shall we call it? Mr OG since 2016, non 003 - $225k ... no new comments on this, I am sure I've said it numerous times over the last 3+ years. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-2008/SSE-AD-4047460/?Cr=8

cp5034070696806904714.jpg?pxc_method=cro

Mr white 997.2 and the only one now on the market - $250k ... only gen 2 car on the market currently... the rest seem to have been removed or sold

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-2009/SSE-AD-5967528/?Cr=9 

Prices are all over the place at present... but it seems 7.1 cars priced at sub $200's are moving... not sure on the 7.2's 

So two cars removed from carsales, mr guards red & speed yellow! 

One addition: 

another white one... $187k 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-Porsche-911-GT3-997-Manual-MY07/OAG-AD-17341542

Your 997 GT3 choices are literally Black & White people 😜

So, after my long term storage situation was cut short, I picked my one and only Mr Lapis up today... drove it straight to the office, thought about what we should be doing next!! 🤔 Hell of a car, and I’m out of garage space... but it stays! Boxster sleeps outside for now 😂 new tyres might be a good place to begin.... 

9 hours ago, edgy said:

So, after my long term storage situation was cut short, I picked my one and only Mr Lapis up today... drove it straight to the office, thought about what we should be doing next!! 🤔 Hell of a car, and I’m out of garage space... but it stays! Boxster sleeps outside for now 😂 new tyres might be a good place to begin.... 

" Hell of a car," May just turn out to be a great decision.

3 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

" Hell of a car," May just turn out to be a great decision.

Literally NO one has told me selling it is a good idea... but I am thinking what I should do to keep me interested with it since I am not tracking it at the moment? I was thinking of a light freshen up, refurb wheels, new tyres, replace or fix worn alcantara, fix radio & climate knobs.. those kind of things? 

2 hours ago, hugh said:

Sunroof? 

I have seen it one time before in a silver one... not a fan at all. 

58 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

This guy in Melbourne seems to be the gun in this area, I seem to remember that he may do change overs for the interstate customer  https://www.leathercreations.com.au/contact-us/

lots of good photos on the FB pages of stuff he has done for P cars (including 987/997 climate knobs) and other marques

5 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

This guy in Melbourne seems to be the gun in this area, I seem to remember that he may do change overs for the interstate customer  https://www.leathercreations.com.au/contact-us/

Bills work is exceptional. I don’t know him or have any affiliation but I send all my customers to him.

just say Jonathan from magic glen iris sent you

• 1 month later...
On 25/06/2019 at 21:42, Rick V said:

Totally agree - anyone on here buy it?

This car has gone to Tassie to a long time Porsche person, adding to a collection of very nice cars. My understanding is the sale was forced hence the reduced sale price. I think this will be seen as an anomaly as opposed to a trend.

10 hours ago, mbedford said:

Dust is starting to settle in this thread. Nothing moving in the 997 gt3 space?

you buying or selling?

1 hour ago, Scott SS964 said:

This car has gone to Tassie to a long time Porsche person, adding to a collection of very nice cars. My understanding is the sale was forced hence the reduced sale price. I think this will be seen as an anomaly as opposed to a trend.

I believe the red car was an ex press car originally.