997 GT3 Market Watch

21 hours ago, symsy said:

Im with ya and as shared 30-40k down a path of getting mine totally almost back to new .. I love these cars and really are such a unique experience .... I would regardless of supply and demand would also say there would be a 20-40k room for variation for me if I bought again . 

There are some bottom line things I would always look for now experienced wit these cars but would either buy  the cheap car an be thinking about investing to get a new buy back to real known quantity  or buy the best car and pay a fair to premium price .

right now as I said I would be buying one and if Opportunity presented it’s, other Than the centrelocks the . 2 is the one getting hit most on price and a great buy.  Centre locks seem like a lot of drama for little gain when I take my cars wheels off at home 

I hope to get a ride in a 4.0 this week in the Uk 🇬🇧 

A couple of tools and a half a brain is all that`s needed for centrelocks

Z27bzd7.jpg

3 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Is it me or does that ad just read terribly?

aside from telling everyone it will be a collectors item several times, it really doesn’t tell you much about the car itself...

also trying to establish if its a club sport or touring...

3 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

A couple of tools and a half a brain is all that`s needed for centrelocks

3 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

Im with ya and as shared 30-40k down a path of getting mine totally almost back to new .. I love these cars and really are such a unique experience .... I would regardless of supply and demand would also say there would be a 20-40k room for variation for me if I bought again . 

There are some bottom line things I would always look for now experienced wit these cars but would either buy  the cheap car an be thinking about investing to get a new buy back to real known quantity  or buy the best car and pay a fair to premium price .

right now as I said I would be buying one and if Opportunity presented it’s, other Than the centrelocks the . 2 is the one getting hit most on price and a great buy.  Centre locks seem like a lot of drama for little gain when I take my cars wheels off at home 

I'm with you Steve Centre locks are not a drama, all GT3's from the 997.2 have the centre locks so they can't be that bad.

1 hour ago, Peter 996 said:

Looks like a Clubbie @JB, also doesn't mention if its had or going to have its 40K service,  that's a major. That's a fair chunk of coin and starts @ $1950 @ PCM, i know bcoz I just did one on mine and it hurt, plugs, fuel filter, etc etc

I thought the same peter as it has the seats, however no extinguisher and in the limited photos zooming in Cannot see any scaffolding...

11 hours ago, JB said:

Is it me or does that ad just read terribly?

aside from telling everyone it will be a collectors item several times, it really doesn’t tell you much about the car itself...

also trying to establish if its a club sport or touring...

It "features a rear parcel shelf", what more is there to know 😂

Just now, wilson59 said:

Not saying this is the car but there are only two slate grey cars . Does anyone remember the other slate grey car a couple of years ago for sale for $130,000 that had been put into a wall ?

That car ended up in Vic. 

3 hours ago, mbedford said:

Do you mean certain options, worth looking for when buying?

Or other things?

Maintenance 

brakes , wheels straightened, strut tops , any leaks especially main seals ( they don’t really get better with use when they go been standing - cup seals best solution ) , clutch wear , serp belt , the age of extinguishers, sway bar links , ac operation , quality of coolant , if it’s had brake fluid flush/clutch flush, if ester lines pinned , condition of seats , centrconsole, sticky buttons etc , condition of splitter , rattley cage , battery condition , paint wrap ideal, if the front radiators properly cleaned , radiator grilles I feel a must if your blasting country roads with mates .

That’s my list , I just wouldn’t buy these cars ever again from someone who don’t know their car intimately , my car was a 21kms,  10 plus services and more warranty claims , paperwork up to ur armpits car , but my feeling is it never got a true track day prep done on it by a solid Motorsport mechanic..

I have now been through every rattle and know the status and have had s but bolt check of pretty much the whole underside of the car .

Service history in that context didn’t get enough done,  hands on mechanics history ... needed to be better , not just plug in code check , oil and water . My car had been pampered by a Porsche dealers and has now been pole positioned by a Motorsport team who really know these cars and checked it as if my life and my weekends were connected to its robustness and income 😆

Hope that helps ...whatever u do , drive one , buy one 😊 With all that said I hope I’m in the little periodical checks on my car now and the huge bills are behind me . 

It may go for the annual biannual book stamp I’m still Considering that but the rest of the list of todos after a walk under with my mechanic and or by my own safety driven agenda , vis the Porsche dealer protocol leaves a few gaps in my opinion . 

Maybe Porsche Motorsport in melb are better .. I used Perth and another melb Porsche centre prior to its move north , neither did work to s level of dilligence 

@symsy Mate i think you may have just got unlucky with your car i know we have spoken about it in the past but i don't think that's the norm for a 997.1 gt3 in my experience.. my first 997.1 gt3 back 8 years ago was a dedicated track rat in stock form, it got punished by me & its previous owner all its life. I thrashed the life out of that car on race tracks for 4 years & it never missed a beat or cost me anything in maintenance apart from tyres & oil changes.. 

Also most of the perceived issues really don't cost much to fix if your half ok with a spanner..

Last month i picked up a totally mint 997.1 gt3 that has not seen any track work at all, its had servicing every 12 months by an experienced Porsche mechanic that understands these cars. I have not found a problem with anything on this car & i'm very happy with it.. a credit to the previous owner who even had it detailed before i had it picked up.

In my opinion the 997.1 gt3 is one of the best gt3's ever made & only 111 delivered to Australia 

Here's my new to me 7.1... 

IMG-4784.jpg

7 hours ago, James P said:

@symsy Mate i think you may have just got unlucky with your car i know we have spoken about it in the past but i don't think that's the norm for a 997.1 gt3 in my experience.. my first 997.1 gt3 back 8 years ago was a dedicated track rat in stock form, it got punished by me & its previous owner all its life. I thrashed the life out of that car on race tracks for 4 years & it never missed a beat or cost me anything in maintenance apart from tyres & oil changes.. 

Also most of the perceived issues really don't cost much to fix if your half ok with a spanner..

Last month i picked up a totally mint 997.1 gt3 that has not seen any track work at all, its had servicing every 12 months by an experienced Porsche mechanic that understands these cars. I have not found a problem with anything on this car & i'm very happy with it.. a credit to the previous owner who even had it detailed before i had it picked up.

In my opinion the 997.1 gt3 is one of the best gt3's ever made & only 111 delivered to Australia 

Here's my new to me 7.1... IMG-4784.jpg

Somewhat agree James .. mislead by dealers .. but I’m still in love 😍 with the GT3 and yup hoist being installed and good contact with two good Mechs now has me feeling good again about the car .

7 hours ago, symsy said:

Somewhat agree James .. mislead by dealers .. but I’m still in love 😍 with the GT3 and yup hoist being installed and good contact with two good Mechs now has me feeling good again about the car .

Having a hoist will change your life! So many things are just so much easier.

17 hours ago, edgy said:

I dunno @symsy I just stopped counting the expenses at the point it seemed ridiculous... that was a few years ago now. 😂 it’s like dating a high maintenance gal sometimes... but as long as you get back 😉 

Hoping I get laid a lot by a racey 8000rpm + chick with a silver complexion mate 😆