997 GT3 Market Watch

one of the issues you might have is with the paint job. If it’s an over spray then any smart buyer or dealer who runs a paint meter over the car will instantly tell it’s been repainted and will want to know why. Puts the whole car into question if you don’t have stacks of photos documenting the paint process.

On 13/11/2019 at 11:20, edgy said:

What's the prize? :D

Question for the GT3 crowd whilst i am in here, since it is the appropriate spot, and I am seeking unbiased opinion on this! Since I have invested a good chunk of church change into having my car resprayed to a factory finish, what are the thoughts on value if I were to sell it, or buy another like it? I am really wondering if I should be going back to my insurer to review the "agreed value" is why I am asking. 

1C40A415-AC2B-4D3F-9FED-EC1BB47FC0C6.thumb.jpeg.0deca607add84b35fada4bad7472f249.jpeg

Shits mate she is looking stunning. See u in the new year!! 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JB said:

Hi guys, apologies if it’s already been covered but the black gt3 at Richmond’s has been there a while. Has anyone viewed it? Is there a story to it? 

Just asking.....🤓

Seen it like it . Another member  viewed it but didn’t like the amount of owners it had  and it had paint repair to the front . I would think this is normal 

On the surface to me it looks like a nice clean car spoke to the sales guy about it said they have lots of interest but trade ins not hitting the mark for them 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

Seen it like it . Another member  viewed it but didn’t like the amount of owners it had  and it had paint repair to the front . I would think this is normal 

On the surface to me it looks like a nice clean car spoke to the sales guy about it said they have lots of interest but trade ins not hitting the mark for them 

When you say trade ins not hitting the mark?

i also think in the current market she’s at the top end?

3 minutes ago, JB said:

I was told one trade in with high level over rev that they declined to trade .

It is priced at the top end but this car is nicer than the white car they had which was slightly cheaper 

7 minutes ago, JB said:

People wanting top $ for their car to trade.  

2008 Club Sport.  Will always have had a few owners.  If you have to use that line to walk away you were never a buyer.  Bit of paint on the front. Big deal.  

204K?   It’s a 997 GT3 Club Sport ... 

39 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

People wanting top $ for their car to trade.  

2008 Club Sport.  Will always have had a few owners.  If you have to use that line to walk away you were never a buyer.  Bit of paint on the front. Big deal.  

Sven, Thanks for the sense check. With my other one falling through I’m on the hunt. 

I did say I’d never have another black car again.........

anyone want a 4S with 54.000ks?

On 09/12/2019 at 17:58, JB said:

Hi guys, apologies if it’s already been covered but the black gt3 at Richmond’s has been there a while. Has anyone viewed it? Is there a story to it? 

Just asking.....🤓

Spoke to Richmonds and had the books and some service history emailed. 

The car has a totally clear over rev log and certainly presents well in the photos and as Wilson points out apparently in the flesh also. 

Seemed to be about 6 different owners throughout the east coast. That may be ok for some, but didn't float my boat.....and if that's why I chose to walk away it's my prerogative. Doesn't mean I'm not really in the market. It's a great deal of money for most of us and you need to feel totally comfortable with the vehicle and its history. 

Service schedules were regular and everything was up to date. 

I understand Richmonds have had it for a year and it was sold about a month or two ago but obviously back there very quickly. 

14 hours ago, T-Man said:

Spoke to Richmonds and had the books and some service history emailed. 

The car has a totally clear over rev log and certainly presents well in the photos and as Wilson points out apparently in the flesh also. 

Seemed to be about 6 different owners throughout the east coast. That may be ok for some, but didn't float my boat.....and if that's why I chose to walk away it's my prerogative. Doesn't mean I'm not really in the market. It's a great deal of money for most of us and you need to feel totally comfortable with the vehicle and its history. 

Service schedules were regular and everything was up to date. 

I understand Richmonds have had it for a year and it was sold about a month or two ago but obviously back there very quickly. 

Thanks Theo. I agree mate it is a great deal of money and for me to be honest it’s a stretch. However I appreciate that for some it’s not, but what I love about the PFA crew as we are from all walks of life and share a common passion. It’s not who’s got the biggest d*ck!

The story on the car seems to be consistent, which is a positive. Richmond’s  seem to be very transparent and honest about the car. Now they have seen mine they are very keen to get something over the line and have come to the table with more than I would have expected on trade. however just a couple of hurdles for me,  the main one being I said I’d never own a black car again.....not sure if I can get past that or have regrets..

there may be someone else coming up in the new year which also has to be a major consideration for me, as it would potentially be my 9/10 and not 8/10

On 09/12/2019 at 20:30, Skidmarks said:

Yes I agree that is a good buy on face value 

But they've had it near on a year... surely that is for a reason, as a handful have been listed and sold in the same time frame! 

2 minutes ago, edgy said:

But they've had it near on a year... surely that is for a reason, as a handful have been listed and sold in the same time frame! 

I believe it has been sold on several occasions but as mentioned trade ins fell through .

The white car for $225K has been listed for half it’s life .  

It was listed at 220 k originally which would have prevented it from being moved in a hurry 

25 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I believe it has been sold on several occasions but as mentioned trade ins fell through .

The white car for $225K has been listed for half it’s life .  

It was listed at 220 k originally which would have prevented it from being moved in a hurry 

Well that makes a little more sense now... and not surprising. 

So no cash only buyers for it is the problem? 

The white one (SA $225k) was listed in 2016... :lol:  It'll be a good buy in 2030 if its still on by then! 

4 hours ago, hugh said:

Wrap it? 

Stop coming up with solutions and being so practical!

😏

2 hours ago, edgy said:

Does anyone know what the last white one they had went for? Did it go to a member? I remember some posts about it, someone said that the whit one looked like it had a lot of track time?

22 minutes ago, JB said:

Stop coming up with solutions and being so practical!

😏

Does anyone know what the last white one they had went for? Did it go to a member? I remember some posts about it, someone said that the whit one looked like it had a lot of track time?

I said that it also had an over rev recorded . I'm sure it sold it the 190 ish