997 GT3 Market Watch

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Edited 1 hour ago by edgy 
didn't want to mix content.

Although the PPSR search is great info (thanks),

I much preferred the first version of your post with the Lapis girl showing off... 😉

8 hours ago, williamsf1 said:

So has anyone here gone to look at the ugly orange thing in person? or even PPI'd it? 
Would like to know if I am wasting my time?

Seems it's probably only worth 110k in the current state? Even if it checks out ok.....

I copped a spray for suggesting what I thought it might be worth if it checked out.   The car has been on and off market for ages, it looks hideous (but could be fixed) and WOVR is unappealing - all put its value well below a clean original car.  

he expected me to fly to Qld and inspect, how dare I suggest it’s value from afar.  Umm, I ain’t flying to Qld for a car that’s at least 25k above market unless you give some indication you are open to that discussion.

My view is he should be prepared to meet the market or remove the ad and stop wasting buyers time.  No question it’s a waste of your time if you’re at 110k  but can you please call him and record the response.  It’ll give us all a laugh.  😂

4 hours ago, Windsor289 said:

stacks up with what he told me, original owner hit the wall on track within months of delivery, all fixed up.

6 hours ago, Windsor289 said:

Thank you for that information, does sound like it was dropped hard at Barbagello maybe made the fence at 3 or 4....

Far more than a light Lara Bingle!

bugger! poor bloke might be sitting on that for a while

39 minutes ago, James P said:

Lets move on then. My immaculate 997.1 GT3 is for sale 

agreed your car is excellent! but not a CS :( 

6 hours ago, williamsf1 said:

I've been given clearance from the Minister of Finance for 250k tops and then I'd need to sell the 996 so while that is the case I'd better hunt before I do something to upset the cabinet!

Haa!!!  selling first before the next one never works..........  

1 minute ago, JB said:

Please Explain.......... (in Pauline Hanson Voice)

Still trying to sell the 1st car in the chain, the one that was supposed to have been sold to buy the yellow car, which has now (pretty sure) been sold to buy the silver one 🙂 

21 hours ago, edgy said:

@DJM tried to do the dance with him, he posted a few pages back about it... ended up being chased away with a pitch fork I think.. but did not manage to get a VIN or anything, I think something about refusing to deal with someone who wouldn't look at the car in person, even though offering to pay for PPI... and apparently NOT negotiable on the $$ 

If my memory serves me right, the 997's (and 6.2 I think) were dual mass (inc CS), the LWFW option/single mass upgrade is commonly to order and install the RS4.0 unit. 

Nice work ....& shameless thread hijack....can you check your mailbox - just tried to send a message & it bounced...

Sorry to interrupt the discussion.