997 GT3 Market Watch

Thanks @mbedford Yes it's in amazing condition it still feels, smells & drives like new. The previous long term owner washed & detailed the car after every drive.. as for the options i'm sure those interested in buying a 997 GT3 will know what to look for. Not much available for sale at the moment, only 2 997.1 GT3's for sale in Aust 

I had the pleasure on inspecting @James P car recently & can tell you it is immaculate in every sense of the word. If you had told me it had 15,000 kms on it I wouldn't have questioned it. At that sort of money it has to be the best bargain on the GT3 market for a genuine, clean car. At that money it makes it an awesome, useable driver & buying it from someone who lived & breathed these cars on & off the track in their heyday is a bonus. Hope she goes to a good home.

On 11/03/2020 at 16:53, James P said:

.. as for the options i'm sure those interested in buying a 997 GT3 will know what to look for.

With respect, I mean list the options fitted, this gives transparency and more quality to the ad.

Onto another car:

How long has this been listed now?
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-Porsche-911-GT3-997-Manual-MY08/SSE-AD-4047460

I remember someone saying they tried to contact the seller with no responce?

20 minutes ago, mbedford said:

With respect, I mean list the options fitted, this gives transparency and more quality to the ad.

Onto another car:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-Porsche-911-GT3-997-Manual-MY08/SSE-AD-4047460

Since swine flu . Been there for as long as I have been looking 

43 minutes ago, mbedford said:

Onto another car:

Keeps the wife off his case:

yes darling, I’m trying to sell it (while leaving price $50k above market and ignoring calls) 😂

Is there reporting mechanism for these types of adverts? Would carsales.com care?

Probably not. 

I was recently shopping carsales and found 2 vehicle's for sale within 200klms search area that gave no reply. Both had run out of rego was one clue.

I bought a car from lennox head and reminded the guy to save callers list as sold. I got an update from cs before i got to the highway. 👍

On 15/03/2020 at 19:50, mbedford said:

How long has this been listed now?

On 15/03/2020 at 20:12, wilson59 said:

Since swine flu . Been there for as long as I have been looking 

On 15/03/2020 at 20:34, DJM said:

Keeps the wife off his case:

yes darling, I’m trying to sell it (while leaving price $50k above market and ignoring calls) 😂

On 15/03/2020 at 21:46, spiller said:

I’ve seen it driving around from time to time, so it does at least exist!

Well... 

After reading through this whole thread, as I have seen this GT3 has been mentioned several times over the years, my curiosity heightened when @mbedford said he tried to contact the seller unsuccessfully recently.  I am definitely considering a GT3 myself, so I made my own enquiry today.

Well, Oliver answered my first call straight up, and was happy to answer my questions about the car. It all seems very genuine to me, however what was clear is that he is not motivated to sell unless the asking price (or thereabouts) is paid. 

So, after the previous failed enquiries, I found the seller happy to chat and the car sounds like a genuinely nice example. Just, as has been mentioned, at least $50k overpriced. 

4 hours ago, luzzo said:

Well... 

After reading through this whole thread, as I have seen this GT3 has been mentioned several times over the years, my curiosity heightened when @mbedford said he tried to contact the seller unsuccessfully recently.  I am definitely considering a GT3 myself, so I made my own enquiry today.

Well, Oliver answered my first call straight up, and was happy to answer my questions about the car. It all seems very genuine to me, however what was clear is that he is not motivated to sell unless the asking price (or thereabouts) is paid. 

So, after the previous failed enquiries, I found the seller happy to chat and the car sounds like a genuinely nice example. Just, as has been mentioned, at least $50k overpriced. 

Is that 50k over in today's dollars or last months dollars?

On 25/03/2020 at 22:44, luzzo said:

Well... 

Must be dr jeckel and mr hide.....

On 25/03/2020 at 22:44, luzzo said:

He did get back to me after a few days. Car now as 53,000kms, options are Bi-xenon headlights, sports chrono, red seatbealts and Porsche crests on seats.

So what does everyone think will happen to the 997 GT3 car values over the next 6 months?
I believe In 6 months the light will be at the end of the tunnel for Australia, things will be starting to return to a normal, what do people think about the values?
Will there be some real bargains coming up in the coming months?