997 GT3 Market Watch

24 minutes ago, spiller said:

You know you want to :D. 

I do, it's actually starting to make more and more sense!! 

Which leads me to a good point of discussion; where does the collective see 997 GT3 values going in the next 10 years? 

I love my car, but I don't use it really as a road car... my concern is, if I sell it and buy a cup, I may not be able to get back into a GT3 road car in future... 

7 minutes ago, edgy said:

I do, it's actually starting to make more and more sense!! 

Which leads me to a good point of discussion; where does the collective see 997 GT3 values going in the next 10 years? 

I love my car, but I don't use it really as a road car... my concern is, if I sell it and buy a cup, I may not be able to get back into a GT3 road car in future... 

in my opinion, the road cars and cup cars will continue to appreciate equally over time, so the delta should remain about the same as what it is now. It may even close up a touch as the race cars are horrendously undervalued at present.

26 minutes ago, spiller said:

You know you want to :D. 

Did some digging back a few pages...so, whats the story @hugh? PM if you like.

What I know - Has to be pretty good value at that price having seen and driven it - Its not an immaculate car that would be expected to sell at $210-215K - The owner purchased through Black Rock motors. 

13 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

What I know - Has to be pretty good value at that price having seen and driven it - Its not an immaculate car that would be expected to sell at $210-215K - The owner purchased through Black Rock motors. 

How did it drive? Sounds like the service hx is decent, cosmetic issues? 

35 minutes ago, spiller said:

How did it drive? Sounds like the service hx is decent, cosmetic issues? 

As the there are so many variables such as how people define condition/issues etc  I'd prefer not to drill down in the detail. I will say that the car drove as expected I just like my cars immaculate and  happy to pay accordingly. I didn't look any further into the history of the car as it was not what my friend was looking for.

I know it’s a different market than here, however the figures still make interesting reading. Excellence mag did a market update on the GT3’s recently and figures for cars in excellent condition were USD:

7.1 GT3 $105,000, 7.1 GT3RS $125,000

7.2 GT3 $130,000, 7.2 GT3RS $145,000

What is interesting to me is the %delta between the GT3’s and the RS.

As pointed out by Scott it is in another universe here... any logical explanation Guys 

As for what’s the better car... they are all awesome and far more capable than us so just go and buy one and enjoy it however you use it because that’s why you brought it in the first place (well I hope it was)

1 hour ago, 9r said:

I know it’s a different market than here, however the figures still make interesting reading. Excellence mag did a market update on the GT3’s recently and figures for cars in excellent condition were USD:

7.1 GT3 $105,000, 7.1 GT3RS $125,000

7.2 GT3 $130,000, 7.2 GT3RS $145,000

What is interesting to me is the %delta between the GT3’s and the RS.

As pointed out by Scott it is in another universe here... any logical explanation Guys 

As for what’s the better car... they are all awesome and far more capable than us so just go and buy one and enjoy it however you use it because that’s why you brought it in the first place (well I hope it was)

A few extra inches and a spoiler.. + 200k and RS stickers dont forget them..  and yes who doesnt want one 

8 hours ago, spiller said:

Apologies if it has already been discussed earlier, but what is the status with this car? Any stories?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2008/SSE-AD-4670370/?Cr=0

Very cheap so in P land that means it must have been bashed and crashed, rolled, reshelled with non matching engine and gearbox with over revs and holes from the old roll cage front legs and dash mounted Tarmac rally gismos, owned by a chain smoker and running Nankang tyres.  Oh did I mention hail damage.  And it's white, maybe it used to be a cup car.........Ahh, no wonder it's cheap.

in fact, I have NFI ?

6 minutes ago, brian in buddina said:

this may be a stupid question but...

can a cup car be licensed for road use?

Pity, no. would be a bit harsh for the road anyway I guess, bargain of the century if they could be Brian. Stab in the dark -  they would've been about half the price of a road legal GT3

28 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Pity, no. would be a bit harsh for the road anyway I guess, bargain of the century if they could be Brian. Stab in the dark -  they would've been about half the price of a road legal GT3

I believe 996 cup was 250K new in 2003. The road car was 240K. As the greed of the government has increased, the road car new prices have crept up. I think a 991.2 cup is just shy of 300K new versus about $350 (plus options) for the road car.

38 minutes ago, brian in buddina said:

this may be a stupid question but...

can a cup car be licensed for road use?

road-rally rego would be the only way. Then you'd need to fit radiator fans and some sort of clutch that can handle traffic. There's an entertaining youtube of a guy in the UK thrashing his 997 cup on the motorway.

On 22/03/2018 at 10:24 PM, DJM said:

Very cheap so in P land that means it must have been bashed and crashed, rolled, reshelled with non matching engine and gearbox with over revs and holes from the old roll cage front legs and dash mounted Tarmac rally gismos, owned by a chain smoker and running Nankang tyres.  Oh did I mention hail damage.  And it's white, maybe it used to be a cup car.........Ahh, no wonder it's cheap.

in fact, I have NFI ?

Sounds right up my alley! 

5 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

Never see these for sale anymore -- nice video of a few white ones here

Only 6 of those came to Australia. 1 left for the UK almost immediately, another was converted to a sequential setup by a member here not long after taking ownership. Which subsequently came up for sale when said member moved to Hong Kong or Singapore or something. Rare as rocking horse poo here.

My understanding is 14 were delivered. Was 10, but 4 additional after original allocation. 7 delivered in Adelaide- none in Qld. Info from PCB, I was chasing one a few years ago. They are out of my price range now. Will make do with the Auto Art one in my display case.

Amazing car and deserves its place in history ?

• 2 weeks later...

Only 2 x 7.1's on the market now: 

$165K - 2007 - WOVR reported 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2007/SSE-AD-5058332/?Cr=0

$225K - 2008 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2008/SSE-AD-4047460/?Cr=1

I am thinking long and hard about selling mine lately, mainly due to lack of use... what do we say a "good, honest car" is worth?

Always tracked, well maintained (although 1st owner didn't document it very well), Aussie delivered, 2 owners only, no stories, Lapis blue, 55kms 

After 5 years of GT3 ownership, I am starting to think about other Porsche avenues 

IMG_9290_zpsbzcrkasm.jpg