997 GT3 Market Watch

16 hours ago, mbedford said:

Black. Had a black car (Lotus Exige S), they are a pita, look great when clean, you always want it clean ;)

colours so subjective, but for me, anything not black (love White) and not clubspec 997 gen 1 or 2 I'm interested in, ready to buy now. PM if that's you :)

Budget for a full wrap in paint protection film then all of your worries about swirl makes will fade away (and you’ll be left with one of the hottest colours for a 997 GT3).

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

This is correct. Same car.

Interesting...I had spoken to Richmonds at the time about the car. My impression was a little different to that presently conveyed, but perhaps take my view with a grain of salt, as I do have a vested interest here!  

Also inteesting is that the white ex-Gulsons car that was briefly adverteised by AH has not re-appeared.

See black $210k at Mona Vale sold. Anyone here? 

While there is talk of these cars dipping it price it really shows no weakness in pricing just maintaining.

The 180 to 200 K range seems to be the sweet spot for a car to change hands . This seems to be the normal .

I gave up on trying to find the bargain more so securing the car I wanted before someone else bought it .

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

to you Luzzo??

Hey THT,

I was very interested, almost the right car. Couple of points about the car that didn't suit me. I did make an early offer, but the seller and I were a little too far away.

2 hours ago, us72t said:

Interesting...I had spoken to Richmonds at the time about the car. My impression was a little different to that presently conveyed, but perhaps take my view with a grain of salt, as I do have a vested interest here!  

Not sure what you are referring to here @us72t, but i have spoken with seller and this is the same car that sold by Richmonds last year as @T-Man has said. In fact Richmonds have sold this car a couple of times over.  I know that it's not uncommon, but this car has actually had a Lot of different owners. 

2 hours ago, us72t said:

Also inteesting is that the white ex-Gulsons car that was briefly adverteised by AH has not re-appeared.

I believe the White 997GT3 is just being prepped for sale, and is still available. 

5 hours ago, edgy said:

Loud pipes save lives!! :D 

I put it to you Kurt, that they are more likely to cause marital disharmony and general bad juju and not really save lives....

9 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Not sure what you are referring to here @us72t, but i have spoken with seller and this is the same car that sold by Richmonds last year as @T-Man has said. In fact Richmonds have sold this car a couple of times over.  I know that it's not uncommon, but this car has actually had a Lot of different owners. 

I believe the White 997GT3 is just being prepped for sale, and is still available. 

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I'm not doubting that it's the same car - I just recall (possibly incorrectly) being told it's had some track time, whereas I inferred from the carsales it had not (by the phrase "unraced").Not that there's anything wrong with track time, and I do not know the car and may well be mint. Very impressive markup though!

Thanks for update on the white one.

2 hours ago, wilson59 said:

While there is talk of these cars dipping it price it really shows no weakness in pricing just maintaining.

The 180 to 200 K range seems to be the sweet spot for a car to change hands . This seems to be the normal .

I gave up on trying to find the bargain more so securing the car I wanted before someone else bought it .

I do agree this seems to be the range.

Most of the sellers I have spoken to have disclosed that they have been receiving offers around the $175-$185 range. I have been holding out for my ideal car, and like anyone I would love to find that elusive 'bargain'.  But I guess if the perfect car appears, it will be more about the car being right, as long as the price is in the range. 

1 hour ago, edgy said:

With GT3 you’re already testing your relationship... just buy his & hers, easy. 💩

I like the cut of your jib. Unfortunately the badge out front doesn't reflect her sensibilities.

17 hours ago, jakroo said:

I put it to you Kurt, that they are more likely to cause marital disharmony and general bad juju and not really save lives....

When I made the exhaust on my Gallardo my wife said to me “You don’t want to be known as the guy in the neighbourhood with the Lamborghini that sounds like an F1 Car.” I just looked at her in disgust.

52 minutes ago, Jason A said:

Oh yes you would 😎

+1 

As long as you drive sensible in your neighbourhood, I find no ones really cares about the noise (unless their life is that empty) 

Ive got an idiot at the end of my street with a 488 that drives it maximum attack... So I look like an angel, muffler bypasses and all... 😂

1 hour ago, edgy said:

+1 

As long as you drive sensible in your neighbourhood, I find no ones really cares about the noise (unless their life is that empty) 

Ive got an idiot at the end of my street with a 488 that drives it maximum attack... So I look like an angel, muffler bypasses and all... 😂

Exactly. I don't take a dump in my own nest, I've always taken it very easy in any suburban streets let alone my own neighbourhood. But a V10 Lambo with pretty much straight pipes has a note even at 4,000RPM.

Right now the loudest thing at my place is my Bobcat on a Saturday lol.

1 minute ago, wilson59 said:

I am just about to fit this system to my GT3 .

Will be interesting. I believe it will fall into better to Oh that’s loud 

CEBADF54-1319-4D44-BCF9-721266FB9E24.png

Akropovic make quality products.

Does this retain ability to have Sport exhaust on/off?