997 GT3 Market Watch

26 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

The on/ off button is a bit of a con, press it at idle and it Opens and burbles but As soon as you move, even with it open, it closes again and reopens at  4K, which it does anyway even with it closed, if that makes sense 

On the 7.1 when you press the button they stay open all the time, both of my 7.1 gt3's did this 

37 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

The on/ off button is a bit of a con, press it at idle and it Opens and burbles but As soon as you move, even with it open, it closes again and reopens at  4K, which it does anyway even with it closed, if that makes sense 

Ahh, I see. That's interesting, it's different with exhaust on a 997.1. Stays on all the time afaik

5 hours ago, luzzo said:

Ok, blonde moment.

Sure have noticed it is quieter in that 45-75 km/hr range. Just didn't realise that meant the valve turned on/off/on, whilst the PSE was switched on the whole time.

Which it does anyway even when switched off, hence my point that it only makes extra noise at idle, which is actually a bit of a wank to be honest, I have the sharkworks center delete which may make it more obvious 

12 hours ago, James P said:

On the 7.1 when you press the button they stay open all the time, both of my 7.1 gt3's did this 

My 7.1 is open all the time, because all that garage has been torn out... headers + centre muffler is all you need! 😎 

plus it’s a good weight saving exercise 

4 minutes ago, edgy said:

My 7.1 is open all the time, because all that garage has been torn out... headers + centre muffler is all you need! 😎 

I do like having the ability to be able sneak around town without attracting unwanted attention and I have unhooked the flaps to give it a try full open which only makes more noise at lower revs and loses backpressure and therefore torque, which is quite noticable,they seem to have got it pretty right as far as noise V Driveability I`m just not a fan of gimmicky buttons that don`t really achive anything except to impress your mates at start up.

28 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

I do like having the ability to be able sneak around town without attracting unwanted attention and I have unhooked the flaps to give it a try full open which only makes more noise at lower revs and loses backpressure and therefore torque, which is quite noticable,they seem to have got it pretty right as far as noise V Driveability I`m just not a fan of gimmicky buttons that don`t really achive anything except to impress your mates at start up.

Makes sense for a road car, and don't mind me... I find joy in ruining the street-ability of my cars! :lol: 

56 minutes ago, edgy said:

Centre muffler or side mufflers have been retained?

So both cats and side mufflers in the bin?

25 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

Centre muffler or side mufflers have been retained?

So both cats and side mufflers in the bin?

Side mufflers deleted... kept cats to keep it legal, although the stock road car cats take a caning and pop the 02 sensors in this config, so trying to find some cup headers & cats. 

18 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

you`ll grow out of it, one day, maybe. they do sound grouse when open though

I hope not... and yes they sure do! B) 

3 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

Which it does anyway even when switched off, hence my point that it only makes extra noise at idle

My PSE car definitely does not do this. When the exhaust button (not Sport button) is off, the exhaust is quiet at all speeds. 

Maybe that's the difference between cars with a PSE button vs the Sport button on a GT3..? 

5 hours ago, luzzo said:

My PSE car definitely does not do this. When the exhaust button (not Sport button) is off, the exhaust is quiet at all speeds. 

Maybe that's the difference between cars with a PSE button vs the Sport button on a GT3..? 

must be.

On 21/05/2020 at 16:39, luzzo said:

Akropovic make quality products.

Does this retain ability to have Sport exhaust on/off?

I replaced my factory PSE with an Akrapovic titanium cat back system on my 991.1 3.8 Carrera thanks to @Skidmarks 

The sound is Porsche god like, a number of folks on this forum have heard it, the sound evokes the spirit of a 917 -  teenage boys will ejaculate, the waters of pregnant women break and the hymans tear on virgins under full throttle with baffles open at 7000+ RPM - actually its angry at any RPM, but baffles closed its sedate enough to be legal

If only once in your life you need to own an akrapovic exhaust system

5 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

I replaced my factory PSE with an Akrapovic titanium cat back system on my 991.1 3.8 Carrera thanks to @Skidmarks 

The sound is Porsche god like, a number of folks on this forum have heard it, the sound evokes the spirit of a 917 -  teenage boys will ejaculate, the waters of pregnant women break and the hymans tear on virgins under full throttle with baffles open at 7000+ RPM - actually its angry at any RPM, but baffles closed its sedate enough to be legal

Not just teenage boys I bet 

38 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

Now we know why you opted for an auto

23 hours ago, symsy said:

My 7.1 stays open when opened and normal 3-4K opening , sharkwerk centre bypass ., tested it in the valley thus morning a the fuching neighbours probably hate it , I love it 

So what happens at 3-4 k  when it’s already opened ? I assume nothing if it is already open 

On 25/05/2020 at 14:32, StevepGT3 said:

Now we know why you opted for an auto

So what happens at 3-4 k  when it’s already opened ? I assume nothing if it is already open 

Yup correct