997 GT3 Market Watch

14 hours ago, Rachnath said:

Just putting my 20 cents worth. I believe some on here are under valuing the 997.1 GT3 in general. 
I’m also not sure if the same people implying that the 7.1 GT3 should be around the 190-210k own such a car. My point being is that these cars are amazingly well built with a bulletproof drive train, sublime handling and are very, very limited in numbers. 

Case in point, look at the 7.1 Gt3 RS, in essence the same car, slightly rarer, different paint scheme and a Few minute refinements (slightly wider track, slightly less mass, etc). However in essence the same, and these cars trade for 370-410 ks.  

So why isn’t the Value of 7.1 Gt3 worth at least 70-75% of the RS when it’s 90% of that car, particularly so when the 7.1 is with the CS options. 

Also look at the 997 gt3 RS4, that’s a million dollar car. Yes, I concede it’s much rarer, faster and more exclusive. However, Objectively is it 5 times the Car of a 7.1 Gt3 CS? 

i believe in the not too distant future potential buyers who could’ve picked up a 7.1 Gt3 CS for around the 200k are going to be kicking themselves as (when things settle a bit) I honestly believe 7.1 Gt3 and more so 7.1 Gt3 cs’s will be worth closer to the 270-300 k Mark. 

These are a real drivers car, in Very limited numbers (unlike the 991’s) I also believe this will hold true for the 03 and 04 996 Gt3 as well.

Well that’s my take on contributors Opinions hear constantly inferring That a 7.1 is only a 180-190 k car. Clearly others believe and / or are stating to see their potential value too, by recently priced cars being Advertised at 220-270k.
So my point being, at the current price of approximately 200k’s or there about, this car is a Real steal by any measurable objective datum. 

Understand where you’re coming from but I’ve made the mistake before of trying to make sense where no sense is to be made. Does a 997.1 gt3 do everything five times better than a 996 C2 coupe? No. But I still want one, and if I had five times the money I’d probably get one. Objectivity and rational thought leads us to the Camry showroom.

17 hours ago, Rachnath said:

However my point was to purely highlight the hard objective facts (I’m an analytical, methodical person, an Engineer). 

Once the stickers are removed and marketing BS are stripped away there is very little in them from a technical rationale point of view, in most facets I can think of. 

I’m a similar methodical, analytical type, also an Engineer.  But when you hang out here you have to switch that shit off.  They are worth what someone is prepared to pay and consistently people pay a LOT more for an RS.  You could no doubt buy a CS and do a few mods and get very very close to an RS for a lot less coin.  But that’s not the point and you’ll no doubt devalue your CS 😂

Doesn’t compute on any rational level but people yearn for the ultimate, the RS badge.  Same discussion was had about 996 GT3 at mid 100s and RS at around 300k.  Again rationally it’s not twice the car but it’s rare and it’s a genuine RS.

Not sure about 997 GT3 being under valued.  I came very close to buying a CS for 180k in 2015.  And they’ve pretty much been changing hands there or there abouts ever since.   If a correction is due I’m sure now is not the time.

22 hours ago, edgy said:

The whole RS special sauce is that its greater than the sum of its parts! @Rachnath 

I am with you, and in midst of selling one, I agree they are currently undervalued for how good they are... but being close to a number of transactions, $200k is pretty much the average middle marker for bench mark pricing +/- 10% 

Anyhow, spent the day shooting yesterday, a little appetiser of what's to come for my PFA homies! 

IMG_2637.thumb.JPG.e91e2364688e6cae8e6f684c84d6db36.JPG

Wow just wow, what a colour!

It looks like you shot it somewhere out in the states!

1 hour ago, kov said:

Wow just wow, what a colour!

It looks like you shot it somewhere out in the states!

That is an on point assessment, Oli that shot the car does a lot of work in the sates, LA in particular, after we managed these perfect 'golden hour' captures, that was his words precisely... "it looks like I shot it in LA"

52 minutes ago, hugh said:

@edgy maybe you need to get on Tom's payroll and have him master craft a sales campaign? #lastdaysoflapisgt3

The man knows how to run a campaign!! 

And I cannot fault Oli Coulthard's work, the kid is nothing short of amazing... 

_40I7427.thumb.jpg.ec1c8a507a27a52937d71639f366e08d.jpg

3 hours ago, wilburforce said:

Mate i'm scared driving my SC around Phillip Island - let alone this thing!

Beast.

Used to scare me a bit on the Superbike too mate, so I know what you mean. Give me Winton anyday over PI

13 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Used to scare me a bit on the Superbike too mate, so I know what you mean. Give me Winton anyday over PI

The 997 cup looks good value on the surface wonder its hours on engine & box..

PI is easy you just need to commit i love the place, Winton is poo

6 hours ago, James P said:

PI is easy you just need to commit i love the place, Winton is poo

I imagine it could possibly be less daunting in a car, yet having crashed at well over 200 in the rain on a bike, I s'pose I'm a little shy of the place. I just never gelled with it personally

13 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I imagine it could possibly be less daunting in a car, yet having crashed at well over 200 in the rain on a bike, I s'pose I'm a little shy of the place. I just never gelled with it personally

Crashed at 250 km/ h it’s damn frightening isn’t it at Hidden Valley . Next effort 160 km/ h high side turn 11 PI . That one knocked the love of racing bikes out of me 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

Crashed at 250 km/ h it’s damn frightening isn’t it at Hidden Valley . Next effort 160 km/ h high side turn 11 PI . That one knocked the love of racing bikes out of me 

Damn thats gotta hurt landing at that speed! I've never highsided thankfully. Was close at PI (again) at the World Supers meeting turn 3 hard on the gas. Head butted the screen smashing it and my plums on the tank.

Yeah, the fast ones highlight the drag coefficient and burn your arse! Thankfully I was sponsored by Walden Miller leathers, but they hardly had a scratch probably due to the pissing rain. I crashed at turn one at Winton in the same conditions. Felt like I slid for a kilometre but had the sense to turn onto my back protector, as my arse was burning! 😅

I'd love to do a full track day in my car, but scared of blowing it up. Especially after what I was told at the last Bend track day. Sounded expensive for a couple of people

10 hours ago, LeeM said:

Damn thats gotta hurt landing at that speed! I've never highsided thankfully. Was close at PI (again) at the World Supers meeting turn 3 hard on the gas. Head butted the screen smashing it and my plums on the tank.

Yeah, the fast ones highlight the drag coefficient and burn your arse! Thankfully I was sponsored by Walden Miller leathers, but they hardly had a scratch probably due to the pissing rain. I crashed at turn one at Winton in the same conditions. Felt like I slid for a kilometre but had the sense to turn onto my back protector, as my arse was burning! 😅

I'd love to do a full track day in my car, but scared of blowing it up. Especially after what I was told at the last Bend track day. Sounded expensive for a couple of people

The end result of The Hidden Valley effort

971041_557788940953620_1401078973_n.jpg

25 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I in fact fixed it . Then did this to it at PI . Then fixed it again cost me a fortune that bike 

Thats a great effort, not only fixing it, but then getting back on it.  Not sure how i would feel after such a high speed off, but I know my plums would have shrivelled a bit.