997 GT3 Market Watch

3 hours ago, wilson59 said:

I in fact fixed it . Then did this to it at PI . Then fixed it again cost me a fortune that bike 

A6ACC5A0-03DA-49A8-841A-A45EFBB69547.jpeg

Technically, you cost you a fortune, the Duck was a loyal servant!  Good to see you got back on it.

First fast lap I did at PI on a 996 I backed off twice going into T1, that ocean view sure is disconcerting first time!

3 minutes ago, KGB said:

Technically, you cost you a fortune, the Duck was a loyal servant!  Good to see you got back on it.

First fast lap I did at PI on a 996 I backed off twice going into T1, that ocean view sure is disconcerting first time!

I saw it that way as well 

• 2 weeks later...

It's a bit of a boring for the GT3's recently. I'm not seeing anything leave or join the results of my carsales saved search. Still theres the white one listed at $275k, he cant be seriously interested to sell at that price.

I cant remember the last time I saw a 997 gen2 get listed.

At least I have a cab s manual i just picked up to have some spring/summer family fun in until the right GT3 comes up. The 997 S is a great car, but not a patch on the GT3 for pure driving connection.

3 hours ago, mbedford said:

It's a bit of a boring for the GT3's recently. I'm not seeing anything leave or join the results of my carsales saved search. Still theres the white one listed at $275k, he cant be seriously interested to sell at that price.

That is because no one is priced to sell... the seemingly best example is the silver CS but $249k is just not realistic, I think he is about 10% too high in the current climate. 

I will have my one back from the shop this week, and fingers crossed back online by the weekend... this time, it will remain listed until sold! I just need to work up the courage to deal with the onslaught of $150-160k idiots... I said to @us72t the other week on a phone call, that we do not give car dealers enough credit for the work they do, because I have zero bandwidth for fuck wits. :lol: 

52 minutes ago, edgy said:

That is because no one is priced to sell... the seemingly best example is the silver CS but $249k is just not realistic, I think he is about 10% too high in the current climate. 

I will have my one back from the shop this week, and fingers crossed back online by the weekend... this time, it will remain listed until sold! I just need to work up the courage to deal with the onslaught of $150-160k idiots... I said to @us72t the other week on a phone call, that we do not give car dealers enough credit for the work they do, because I have zero bandwidth for fuck wits. :lol: 

Why don't you consign it?  I've used dealer's in the past for my GT2 and 997 and had good experiences both times.

9 minutes ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

Why don't you consign it?  I've used dealer's in the past for my GT2 and 997 and had good experiences both times.

As have I, however recently talking to CTS (who have sold for me in the past) don't seem to think my car is a fit for them... I don't have a relationship with anyone else in Sydney, nor can I think of a business that I would engage. 

Its a shame Rob Raymer is no longer with us, cos it would be back with him no questions asked. 

^^^ +2 ^^^

I bought my GT3 from Rob just before he sailed for France where he died - strait shooter and told me all the good point plus the bad point that needed looking at.

Great bloke.....

Your car looks brilliant edgy, especially in regard to all the work you have put in over and above what other sellers would do - and that colour too😍.

What makes you think that AH wouldn't be able to sell it for you - it looks a lot better than some of their stock.?

11 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

^^^ +2 ^^^

I bought my GT3 from Rob just before he sailed for France where he died - strait shooter and told me all the good point plus the bad point that needed looking at.

Great bloke.....

Plenty of time to sort through old paperwork during Covid central lock-in, so I happened upon this just recently... 

904858410_Robraymer.thumb.jpg.fbf9eed569f56492188653d35dc276d1.jpg 

10 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

Your car looks brilliant edgy, especially in regard to all the work you have put in over and above what other sellers would do - and that colour too😍.

Thanks mate, only fellow owners know what it takes to keep them right! And yes, I have definitely committed a lot to the car, and it shows, so thats why I lose my cool, because when people try it on you, you just know they have no idea what it takes to buy a good car! 

13 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

What makes you think that AH wouldn't be able to sell it for you - it looks a lot better than some of their stock.?

I may have a chat with them, but if I'm honest, I've not had good dealings with their w/shop in the past... so I prefer to move on in those cases 

Oh well, it's not a terrible thing to be stuck with anyway..... :lol: 

_40I7588.thumb.jpg.fc045e3dc8dbffcdf1453a43ab458a5e.jpg

Edgy why not Autohaus Hamilton:

https://autohaushamilton.com.au/porsche-sales/sell-your-porsche

I've been on the receiving end of a GT3 inquiry 3 months ago with them, they were very professional with showing me the car when I arranged an inspection, so i think they would represent your car well.

So you have a couple of options edgy...

Plan A = go and have a good talk face to face with AH, with the car and all maintenance records and information, get a feel of saleability, pricing, fees and expected timing. You don't have to take them up on their offer and it might just give you an insight to the current market for 997 GT3's. 

OR

Plan B = put up with selling on Carsales and all the deviates who troll through its "for sale" ads.

You are looking at a quite large $$ cost between selling privately or through the "trade" but there are downsides to both plans too.....  

1 hour ago, mbedford said:

In the mean time edgy, what's your daily rental rate for your car? :) you can keep my 911 as security :)

I wish somewhere had a gt3 I could rent, I want to drive one again bad!

Once you drive one nothing will compare you will always craving a GT3 

14 hours ago, mbedford said:

In the mean time edgy, what's your daily rental rate for your car? :) you can keep my 911 as security :)

I wish somewhere had a gt3 I could rent, I want to drive one again bad!

It's actually free! Once you pay the one time downpayment! ;) 

If you can get over whatever prerequisites you have a for a GT3, I promise; dollar for dollar, you will not buy a better example than this one right now.... start living that GT3 life, dont wait! 

_40I7700.thumb.jpg.7aa5536eb6eb2da33ed18d29c7cc59ac.jpg

10 hours ago, edgy said:

It's actually free! Once you pay the one time downpayment! ;) 

If you can get over whatever prerequisites you have a for a GT3, I promise; dollar for dollar, you will not buy a better example than this one right now.... start living that GT3 life, dont wait! 

_40I7700.thumb.jpg.7aa5536eb6eb2da33ed18d29c7cc59ac.jpg

Cool house (& car 😎)

9 hours ago, edgy said:

Yeah great house, not mine though... just the car 😂 

which is officially back on the market 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my07/SSE-AD-6797212

Timed it well with nothing comparable on market and the PPI is a great idea at this time.  GLWS