997 GT3 Market Watch

12 hours ago, JWM said:

This would well and truly be a new high water mark for a 7.2 wouldn’t it? Looks like a beautiful example...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-gt3-997-series-ii-manual-my10/SSE-AD-6859416

FB2C6F85-2C21-4C05-8853-80741F85360E.thumb.jpeg.c466d97ae274cf92a1e6b7c1c7ca7fa4.jpeg

Given there hasn't been a 997.2 GT3CS for sale in quite some time you can't blame people for trying - For me I just look at world pricing trends and there is no indication atm from Europe or the UK indicating an uptick pricing for this model. With pricing in Aus dollars ranging from 170k to low 200's.

Here is a link to one that popped up on my feed this morning

https://www.elferspot.com/en/car/porsche-997-2-gt3-2010-665947/

Not too sure where that 997.2 really fits in the market the pool of buyers would be really shallow but I guess you only need one . If you really want to spend that money and have a car a little more analog the 996 GT3 RS no question or for the end of what that money buys a 991.2 any day 

It seems like sellers are pricing to the "market" as defined by Carsales right now - 996 GT3s at $180-200k, a 997.1 at $250k, this 997.2 at 320, a 991.2 Touring at 380 ...

That spread sort of makes sense relative to each other, I guess, but each step on the rung is a long way up from recent sales a few months ago... I guess time will tell if they all sell and this is where things are at now.

Perhaps everyone’s been watching Alan Kohler and setting their prices accordingly (as per photo a mate sent me the other night 😁)

IMG_1300.thumb.JPG.d92309f419062040028ce278fa02ed30.JPG

15 hours ago, JWM said:

This would well and truly be a new high water mark for a 7.2 wouldn’t it? Looks like a beautiful example...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-gt3-997-series-ii-manual-my10/SSE-AD-6859416

FB2C6F85-2C21-4C05-8853-80741F85360E.thumb.jpeg.c466d97ae274cf92a1e6b7c1c7ca7fa4.jpeg

“The price is negotiable but no lower offers please.”

So... as a buyer you can negotiate a higher price??!

On 13/10/2020 at 19:57, JWM said:

Seems very reasonable when you sit that next to Rusty's ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

My old statutory write off 997.1 GT3 may be coming up for sale soon, the current owner is trying to work out what its worth so let me know what you think its worth?

Details are stock standard 2007 997.1 GT3 touring with half roll cage, damage was bugger all front left & very minor, 42,000kms well maintained, car was further repaired to when i had it as a track car, Aus delivered with books but no service history (i maintained it well)

It can not be registered in Australia & was supposed to go overseas but never did.

6 minutes ago, James P said:

My old statutory write off 997.1 GT3 may be coming up for sale soon, the current owner is trying to work out what its worth so let me know what you think its worth?

Details are stock standard 2007 997.1 GT3 touring with half roll cage, damage was bugger all front left & very minor, 42,000kms well maintained, car was further repaired to when i had it as a track car, Aus delivered with books but no service history (i maintained it well)

It can not be registered in Australia & was supposed to go overseas but never did.

Hi James is it a CS . I would be interested to learn more thanks 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

Hi James is it a CS . I would be interested to learn more thanks 

Its a touring but has the important CS bits fitted like CS clutch & flywheel & half factory roll cage, seats are touring & no cut off switch or big fire extinguisher 

It also has cup car gear shift cables... well thats what it had when i sold it, ill see if i can get some more info

What do you think something like that would be worth?

34 minutes ago, James P said:

Its a touring but has the important CS bits fitted like CS clutch & flywheel & half factory roll cage, seats are touring & no cut off switch or big fire extinguisher 

It also has cup car gear shift cables... well thats what it had when i sold it, ill see if i can get some more info

That I don’t know 

20 hours ago, James P said:

It also has cup car gear shift cables... well thats what it had

20 hours ago, James P said:

when i sold it, ill see if i can get some more info

I would guess around 90-100K James. I base that on it being a similar proposition to a 6 or 7 cup car but maybe a bit more friendly to run at the track.

• 2 weeks later...