997 GT3 Market Watch

47 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

I just noticed the silver clubspec is no longer listed. Does anyone know whether sold or removed?

The one in WA? If so then it’s on its way east (not to me I hasten to add!)

16 hours ago, mbedford said:

Hey all, this car just popped up again. It was for a sale a while ago I seem to remember?

For sale by Autohaus Hamilton in Chatswood.

997.1 GT3 Touring

43,894 km

Built Dec 2006 Compliance Jan 2007

VIN: WP0ZZZ99Z7S790668

factory serviced every year of its life and comes with a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity

Options fitted:

C23 Version: Australia

025 Black coloured instrument dials & stopwatch

267 Automatically dimmable mirrors

268 Rain sensor

288 Headlamp washer

384 Carrera GT bucket seat, left

385 Carrera GT bucket seat, right

482 TPM Tyre Pressure Monitoring 433MHz

490 Sound system A.S.K.

601 Xenon headlamps

613 Navigation DVD Australia

640 Sport Chrono Plus

650 Sun-moon-roof

665 PCM 2 Porsche Communication Management incl. CD-radio

670 Navigation module for PCM

Accessories fitted:

Bluetooth

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my07/OAG-AD-19681666/?Cr=0

https://autohaushamilton.com.au/porsche-sales/porsches-for-sale

Edit: I just noticed that it has the super nice fixed carbon bucket seats, however, call me crazy, but I need to be able to get into the back (rear seats are planned to be fitted) so I will need to swap these to seats that can tilt forwards. These carbon fixed buckets are very exy arnt they? Im thinking I might be able to swap them for normal sports seats and maybe even have some change left over, as the sports seats are quite a bit cheaper?

image.thumb.png.3c3911dd7377780ccf7e58f463039907.png

I’m not sure you’ll be able to put rear seats in as it’s registered as a 2 seater. It might void your insurance 

17 hours ago, mbedford said:

but I need to be able to get into the back (rear seats are planned to be fitted) so I will need to swap these to seats that can tilt forwards

1 hour ago, JLD said:

I’m not sure you’ll be able to put rear seats in as it’s registered as a 2 seater. It might void your insurance 

@mbedford had a thread on this very subject, so he has been looking into it a while back:

5 hours ago, luzzo said:

@mbedford had a thread on this very subject, so he has been looking into it a while back:

I wouldn’t be doing it without an engineers certificate if compliance plate says registered as 2 seater. If you have a crash your insurance may be void. If you have a crash and someone dies you will likely go to jail

Given this topic gets a small but regular amount of interest, it's a wonder they didn't introduce a 4 seat option for the GT3 Touring in the 991.2... Maybe 992 will get it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/03/2021 at 14:46, JLD said:

I wouldn’t be doing it without an engineers certificate if compliance plate says registered as 2 seater. If you have a crash your insurance may be void. If you have a crash and someone dies you will likely go to jail

Please read the The 997 GT3 rear belts & seats thread, this is with the change to a 4 seater with engineers certificate / compliance plate.

1 hour ago, mbedford said:

Please read the The 997 GT3 rear belts & seats thread, this is with the change to a 4 seater with engineers certificate / compliance plate.

Correct, that’s why I said I wouldn’t do it without an engineers certificate. You can just fit everything yourself as is as all the bolt holes are already there and you’d have a four seater

• 1 month later...
On 13/10/2020 at 19:57, JWM said:

This would well and truly be a new high water mark for a 7.2 wouldn’t it? Looks like a beautiful example...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-gt3-997-series-ii-manual-my10/SSE-AD-6859416

FB2C6F85-2C21-4C05-8853-80741F85360E.thumb.jpeg.c466d97ae274cf92a1e6b7c1c7ca7fa4.jpeg

Made a solid offer on this the other day seller did not bother getting back to me . 

2 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Made a solid offer on this the other day seller did not bother getting back to me . 

And after seven months! I guess he doesn’t really want to sell it?

18 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Yes correct. One thing I will never understand is what is the point . 

There are people who think they can influence markets either to underpin pricing or indeed try set new highs - i have noted a 991.1 GT3 that's been on the market for probably 2 years at  a price as the covid effect occurred bumped it up 10k just to stay out of reach.

Unless you have to buy i don't see any point from a buyers perspective to engage in this market.  

I sent an enquiry for a 996 cab as a runabout over a year ago. It was priced at $39,995. All I asked was about the service history and if it was available. No response. About 6 months later it went up to $49,995. It’s now at $58,700 and still advertised. I really wonder why people bother. I’m not interested anymore but would have paid his asked if it checked out ok back then

14 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Yes correct. One thing I will never understand is what is the point . 

I can’t help you there mate! Would have to understand the mindset of those that do it, and I don’t... it’s just bloody weird. 

New  strategy for  @wilson59 as his one shot bid  perhaps insulted the ads owner not offering asking.  Perhaps resend after  some google forensics  to see if a minister of finance exists,  and cc them on the offer as well.  ( cc is based on  whatever communication carriage your google forenics turned up )

1 hour ago, smit2100 said:

New  strategy for  @wilson59 as his one shot bid  perhaps insulted the ads owner not offering asking.  Perhaps resend after  some google forensics  to see if a minister of finance exists,  and cc them on the offer as well.  ( cc is based on  whatever communication carriage your google forenics turned up )

Nice plan . I actually made my offer attractive enough in my mind not to insult it would have been a landmark price for a 997.2 had he accepted