997 GT3 Market Watch

Ooooh....I would have seriously considered buying that car. I only just sold my 997.2 RS in the UK in prep for moving back to OZ in 4 weeks time and planned to keep an eye out for a local car when back.

14 minutes ago, AD911S said:

Only by the first 3 owners

The current owner whom i know personally has owned the car since 2013 (I even know what  he paid including on roads etc) has never tracked the car, it would be the most immaculate car!!

1 hour ago, JLD said:

We have a relationship if I read the price and I like it! Then I will happily talk to you 😬

If only life was so simple. 

Ps.  I’m with you - I left off the appropriate piss take emoji in my first missive. 

I'm still wondering after 7 weeks on assignment at Autohaus why it hasnt sold https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my07/OAG-AD-19681666

Looks to be a good car to me. What you reckon it's worth guys?

Question, do these thicknesses means the discs are close to needing replacing? 

16209889338545819250347141219442.jpg

59 minutes ago, mrar said:

Yes

So it shows new discs from and rear needed?

If that's the case, Rough idea how much?

Really apart from that, the cars just got minor things here and there wrong with it.

3 hours ago, spiller said:

I heard 1.2 mil for the 4.0. They could have fixed the wheel and fitted a new front lip!

You don’t like a side of gutter rash on your $1.2m RS 4.0???? 

1 hour ago, mbedford said:

I'm still wondering after 7 weeks on assignment at Autohaus why it hasnt sold https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my07/OAG-AD-19681666

Looks to be a good car to me. What you reckon it's worth guys?

My opinion; the car has an identity crisis, non CS , sunroof + CGT buckets is just strange... it doesn’t know if it wants to be a tiptronic Carrera or a GT3 Clubsport? 

Now, having said that, if you like it.., I would be hard pressed to be much over $200k, even in this climate! Add premium for the seats, discount for the sunroof, then discount for the lack of CS package... if you wanted a 4 seat candidate, I really don’t know if this one makes sense at more than that level, having said that,.. those CGT seats are quite valuable and you could on-sell for a good price in the right market! 

Yes Edgy if i went for this particular car, ive had offers around $15k for the Carrera GT seats so i would swap them for the touring seats or the 997 Gen 2 clubsport seats that fold forwards.

The sunroof doesn't bother me, the wife who doesn't want to loose our carrera Cab likes the idea.

The potentially worn discs (see above photo from PPI) concerns me that they need replacing? and if so how much is that likely to be?

5 hours ago, mbedford said:

Yes Edgy if i went for this particular car, ive had offers around $15k for the Carrera GT seats so i would swap them for the touring seats or the 997 Gen 2 clubsport seats that fold forwards.

The sunroof doesn't bother me, the wife who doesn't want to loose our carrera Cab likes the idea.

The potentially worn discs (see above photo from PPI) concerns me that they need replacing? and if so how much is that likely to be?

Under moderate use, you’ll probably get a good deal of time out of them, from memory there is about 2mm total wear from new to replacement... with the right shop, you’re looking around $4k in my experience for all new rotors, pads & sensors.