997 GT3 Market Watch

6 hours ago, spiller said:

^^^ when was it sold the first time? I remember that car having more than 30K on it back in 2015. I wonder if there were two different red ones?

There was a nice red CS that came to Adelaide possibly to one of Ricks mates ? The seller was a member here . Nice car that one ☝️ 

Thinking this was originally owned by Kevin Weeks of Weeks Building Group. $165k is what I remember when it sold at Richmonds. Was thinking at the time about trading up from my 997.1  4S. If, but, maybe 🤔 

Sorry if the owners on here (looks not) but thats really NOT how to write an advert. To be fair I did msg Jake some questions and he did answer back quickly for me.

I'm personally more interested in the white one at autohaus. Has a treasure trove of options which are rare and I personaly like. Now my money's all ready to go, ive arranged with them to inspect and take a short test drive next Thursday. They've offered me approx $90k for part ex for my current beautiful condition 07 Carrera s cab 49,000kms

I'll be removing the Carrera GT seats to sell and put in seats that can tilt forwards, going to make it proper touring spec with rear seats added to, may even fit front lift kit as I live in the syd city.

25 minutes ago, mbedford said:

Sorry if the owners on here (looks not) but thats really NOT how to write an advert. To be fair I did msg Jake some questions and he did answer back quickly for me.

I'm personally more interested in the white one at autohaus. Has a treasure trove of options which are rare and I personaly like. Now my money's all ready to go, ive arranged with them to inspect and take a short test drive next Thursday. They've offered me approx $90k for part ex for my current beautiful condition 07 Carrera s cab 49,000kms

I'll be removing the Carrera GT seats to sell and put in seats that can tilt forwards, going to make it proper touring spec with rear seats added to, may even fit front lift kit as I live in the syd city.

Life kit is a must on the 997 GT3 will be money well spent 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

There was a nice red CS that came to Adelaide possibly to one of Ricks mates ? The seller was a member here . Nice car that one ☝️ 

I remember that one. Was on carsales for 205K for a long time before it sold. How times have changed. Gorgeous car. I’m a 996 fan boi through and through but had that car been available today I’d be thinking twice just for the colour.

57 minutes ago, spiller said:

I remember that one. Was on carsales for 205K for a long time before it sold. How times have changed. Gorgeous car. I’m a 996 fan boi through and through but had that car been available today I’d be thinking twice just for the colour.

Yeah, my mate bought that one from Sydney, & it now lives in Aldgate, Adelaide Hills.  Different car to the one advertised here.  

14 minutes ago, spiller said:

I’m surprised I haven’t seen it around. Does he drive it!?

He’s been distracted by building a new home, so the Pcar is unfortunately wrapped in its blankets and rarely gets out of the shed.  That will all change come springtime.  He bought well - $185K with only 26K kms on it, immaculately presented..  

38 minutes ago, Rick V said:

He’s been distracted by building a new home, so the Pcar is unfortunately wrapped in its blankets and rarely gets out of the shed.  That will all change come springtime.  He bought well - $185K with only 26K kms on it, immaculately presented..  

Maybe he wants to sell it to me 

14 hours ago, luzzo said:

Yep, Richmonds actually sold it twice. 

#1 https://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/2007-porsche-911-gt3-4/

#2 https://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/2007-porsche-gt3-touring/

The second time it was listed (for a while) at $169k & then sold to Tas and the owner fitted roll cage and stickers (sharkwerks exhaust too iirc). 

When the Tas owner listed it was at $198k, and it sold at almost to asking price. That was actually May 2020 as I was interested, so this was first hand.

Once you allow for freight Vic stamp duty at 9% ~ $18,000... slim profit if any.

Sharkwerks removed prior to sale, now resides on another white Tassie GT3CS 🙂  Sounds awesome!!!

22 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Sharkwerks removed prior to sale, now resides on another white Tassie GT3CS 🙂  Sounds awesome!!!

Drove behind it again this morning on a quick little morning fang, sounds even more than awesome!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Shaekwerks 997 gt3 exhaust https://www.sharkwerks.com/exhaust/p3881-sharkwerks-sport-exhaust-for-997-997-2-gt3-rs-SHAX153

$2178 shipped to NSW, plus customs will add their 10%. Fitting it will just cost couple hundred I'd bet.

So overall your looking at roughly $2600 installed.

Overall cheaper than I thought for the famous Sharkwerks.

I recently installed one of these as the sport button only gives you a burble at idle and then shuts the valves again as soon as you move until 4K, with this activated combined with the sharkworks bypass it sounds like a cup car from idle, and with the valves closed they don’t open at 4K so you can pass joe public without sounding like an arsehole 

http://www.carnewal.com/products/987/p97084/PSE-Manual-Control

2 minutes ago, mbedford said:

Ahbsonyoue saying even with the sharkwerks exhaust, it's still worthwhile fitting this valves manual control option?

I was going to remove the sharkworks as even with the sport button not pressed there is zero muffling from 4 k on, which is great in some circumstances, but not all ,this gives you the best of both worlds  

12 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

I was going to remove the sharkworks as even with the sport button not pressed there is zero muffling from 4 k on, which is great in some circumstances, but not all ,this gives you the best of both worlds  

I agree having control over the std exhaust valve system is a must as it puts the car back to "normal" state! regardless of what rear system you are using. Its simply either quiet (valves closed) or loud (valves open) none of this loud quiet loud, quiet loud scenario; I partially found it disappointing when heel and toeing in standard form.

Something to consider - In standard form you can just unplug the electrical connection to give you a full loud (valves open) position, this is worth trying before moving to a shark works or similar rear muffler delete system as they can be very loud externally between 4-8000 RPM.

20 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

I agree having control over the std exhaust valve system is a must as it puts the car back to "normal" state! regardless of what rear system you are using. Its simply either quiet (valves closed) or loud (valves open) none of this loud quiet loud, quiet loud scenario; I partially found it disappointing when heel and toeing in standard form.

Something to consider - In standard form you can just unplug the electrical connection to give you a full loud (valves open) position, this is worth trying before moving to a shark works or similar rear muffler delete system as they can be very loud externally between 4-8000 RPM.

pretty hard to sneak out pre dawn or drive through the city  with the valves unplugged