997 GT3 Market Watch

2 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Rumour has it this has had a level 5 over-rev.  So do your research if bidding.

This is a really well specced car and i really like the 997 in white. .1’s require a stock of front splitters though 😃 

In a natural market GT car pricing and desirability is sensitive to any Cat 3 + over revs. Prior to purchasing you should at least get an understanding of the engine history. 
Cat 5 is a decent over rev so id be looking at how long ago (engine hours) it was.

I have heard Porsche reference a point whereby  the engine should be fine if its survived 200 hours past the major over rev and has showed no signs of metal in the oil or filter. 

8 hours ago, SS 3 said:

I have heard Porsche reference a point whereby  the engine should be fine if its survived 200 hours past the major over rev and has showed no signs of metal in the oil or filter. 

I thought it was 50hrs? Either way, a few over revs don’t mean it’s a bad car 

32 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

What do you think of the white console ? I really dont like that rubber interior and it really dont do so well with harnesses hitting it ..personally im not so sure on the white.. I really dont like this car on black wheels either and the chrome polish.. I think its done more laps of the gold coast golden mile than anything else perhaps ?      

So another question on seating, having only had a CS.  How are those seats on a track, not full time tracking , just day jaunts , are they supportive?  Can you harness down  on them whats the go?  An ok seat and harness is plenty for the road or track day quite probably is there a setup that would work with that cage? I must admit I did love the in seat feedback from the carbon buckets but there were days when jaunting around the hills for high speed lattes beyond 5 or 6 hrs driving when I could have just sat in more comfort.

When did they also change the radio.. yes that thing you hardly turn or or need in a GT3 ? I realise there is only one channel and thats the go pedal and then the second sound boost button being the sport button yes!!  My 07 had the old skool sticky knobs and no screen, I thought they only came in cars 2 years later?

Good buying at 200k.. what your call , have we seen any of these cars shift at the bigger numbers being inspired by the 996 GT3.  I personally prefer a 997 to own. but are not in the same level of scarcity.

2 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Im still buying a 991 GT3 manual at that price

1 minute ago, symsy said:

What do you think of the white console ? I really dont like that rubber interior and it really dont do so well with harnesses hitting it ..personally im not so sure on the white.. I really dont like this car on black wheels either and the chrome polish.. I think its done more laps of the gold coast golden mile than anything else perhaps ?      

So another question on seating, having only had a CS.  How are those seats on a track, not full time tracking , just day jaunts , are they supportive?  Can you harness down  on them whats the go?  An ok seat and harness is plenty for the road or track day quite probably is there a setup that would work with that cage? I must admit I did love the in seat feedback from the carbon buckets but there were days when jaunting around the hills for high speed lattes beyond 5 or 6 hrs driving when I could have just sat in more comfort.

When did they also change the radio.. yes that thing you hardly turn or or need in a GT3 ? I realise there is only one channel and thats the go pedal and then the second sound boost button being the sport button yes!!  My 07 had the old skool sticky knobs and no screen, I thought they only came in cars 2 years later?

Good buying at 200k.. what your call , have we seen any of these cars shift at the bigger numbers being inspired by the 996 GT3.  I personally prefer a 997 to own. but are not in the same level of scarcity.

Not a fan of the white console either (although I quite like the silver one in my Arctic Silver 6.1GT3).  Never like black wheels, although a mate here has an visually identical car, and it does look pretty good in the flesh.  Yep the tacky rubber and buttons was an issue in our 05 987......

4 minutes ago, symsy said:

The radio is the equivalent to a Commodore 64 computer the comfort seats are comfortable but not great on the track lots of locking in your leg into the center console 

@symsy

You can track - but no harness without correct pass throughs on seats........ Seen it done by plonkers -  but hey its your neck?

You need the folding GT2 buckets - simple.

Radio as mentioned above - an option, as were the wheels.

I have a painted console on my Spyder - its held up pretty well - but i am careful - and small blemishes can buff out - It is paint after all + and it really brightens up the insides.... (and matches the cage in this case)

DO IT!!!!!

5 minutes ago, on_booost said:

@symsy

You can track - but no harness without correct pass throughs on seats........ Seen it done by plonkers -  but hey its your neck?

I have a painted console on my Spyder - its held up pretty well - but i am careful - and small blemishes can buff out - It is paint after all + and it really brightens up the insides.... (and matches the cage in this case)

DO IT!!!!!

I hadn't picked up on the seats, seems to have been a strange spec in that case, Clubsport with those seats optioned, or perhaps a "comfort" and the cage added for looks????

6 minutes ago, on_booost said:

@symsy

DO IT!!!!!

Ah not for me man , im not stepping backwards , only forward .. my old car craps all over that