997 GT3 Market Watch

2 hours ago, on_booost said:

Also - Worth factoring in - In the 996 Series - both '99 and '04 - there were (comparatively) lots of GT3's vs RS versions... in both 991.1 and.2 More RS sold than GT3....

As above - More than 2 x as many 991.2 RS sold than ALL 993 + 996 + 997 RS versions combined....

991 will definitely be the enthusiasts choice in the future. I have no idea how many were sold, but anecdotally it was hundreds. I've asked Porsche Cars Australia a few times now how many 991 GT3 and RS were sold, both directly and via SAs, never been able to get the numbers out of them. Supposedly that is confidential for some reason.

The previous SA I had claimed they sold many more RS than GT3s here.

9 hours ago, Shedpest said:

There was certainly a lack of 996/997 GT3's in the Adelaide Rally this year.

From count there were  3, Cam's 6.1, Ben"s 7.2 and my 7.1.

Seems the GT car of choice was a 991.

Car looked and sounded good going up Greenhill yesterday Kym. I agree the 996/7 showing was minimal. Maybe @hugh needs to come across in his RS next year and have a crack at Challenge. This would spur me on to fit the front cage to my CS and have a go. 

13 hours ago, Dalai said:

Lots of interesting points.

About the value of the car, possibly need to consider the value in relation to the wealth of the owner. The risk level will differ considerably for someone who has huge disposible income vs someone who has scrimped every penny to get their dream car.

Yeah, I'm with this one 👍

8 hours ago, Shedpest said:

We missed you Ricky😁

And maybe next year Wilson will have another "keeper car"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 steady on mate 

1 hour ago, Rick V said:

Must have caught @wilson59's disease!

Not a bad time to cash-in though. 

Not a disease it's a way of life . I heard of the saying "whoever dies with the most stuff wins" but changed it to "who ever dies who had the most stuff wins " .

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

DM911 I believe 

5 hours ago, spiller said:

Does anyone know what happened to the black 7.2 CS in SA that was on carsales for a while? Did it end up selling to a PFAer? @mbedford you came close with this one didn’t you?

Thanks @wilson59

yes spiller. It’s with me. 
it’s a cracker, In best condition. 

6C03E97B-76CD-451C-B01E-152F1B3FE4CF.jpeg

C543BB45-2C2F-48BD-9468-4ED2B79242A2.jpeg

6 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

This one is now marked as sold 🤯

Fuching Santas got a play in this I know , I thought it was just conspiracy, bad governance and lack of this countries future finance strategy ,  covid  etc .. but Santa .. my god we are doomed..