997 GT3 Market Watch

32 minutes ago, 9r said:

Love what you did there with the seat pads (or whatever the tech term for them is). Just curious where you got the fabric and got them done as was toying with the idea of having my done in classic Pasha trim?

I had these in my 991.2 I flipped . I used this company great people to deal with 

https://p1designs.com/

8E557378-1EE3-4C5B-ABFF-6BE6E61A7B8B.jpeg

1 hour ago, mc968cs said:

Great cars the 997. Recently farewelled mine - a .1 CS w around 475hp….. Mentioned was thinking of selling it and it was gone in four hours!…Hot market. Good luck w the search. 97973111-A35D-42BC-8BF3-3D11995A2E81.thumb.jpeg.156416e7320a7db06261e9a706306980.jpegAAF0405B-4DF7-4BE1-86BD-E2EA35213281.thumb.jpeg.6eb8de1e0f8c914a338e32995cc39053.jpeg

Wow! What a beast that is. Are you replacing it @mc968cs?

6 hours ago, hugh said:

I'm sure he would sell it to you for an inflated price. 

Sadly I made more than a few attempts, but he tells me it’s his “forever car”. Wait, where have I heard that before @wilson59 🤔😂

46 minutes ago, spiller said:

Wow! What a beast that is. Are you replacing it @mc968cs?

Sadly I made more than a few attempts, but he tells me it’s his “forever car”. Wait, where have I heard that before @wilson59 🤔😂

My guess is some type of RS?

Maybe 991.2 or 718?  Do tell Mark….

3 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Just watched it . He did not like the 992 GT3 at all . He did talk about the press car needing a front lift kit which was one of the things he hated about the car but are standard fitted on the 992 .

The 997 seemed to be a non club sport which as well would been a softer ride in comparison 

Just watched it, can’t believe how much he disliked it. That part where it was tramlining and trying to throw him into a ditch was concerning however.

Rejoice 997 owners, they just went up another $25k!

15 hours ago, DJM said:

My guess is some type of RS?

Maybe 991.2 or 718?  Do tell Mark….

@DJM @edgy @spiller et all...Im actually not sure whats next! I seriously looked at adding a Spyder in GT silver with the heritage roof and interior colours (Bordeaux) but honestly between other outdoor past times I really don't need any more sun (practical comment i know sadly). Then looked at 992 GT3...cant quite get my head around the ask yet...$440k or so drive away ...its a big lick more than the 991.2.  A new GT4RS looks a blast and the new 'buy' but ......

then I realised that after maybe 15 + years of Porsche track days and drive trips domestically and offshore, including 15 or so Bathurst events and 4 x 1st place Bathurst trophies....that Im loving a track break and being a 'bit cruisey' in my 993 C2S - its a really fun car I can even use full throttle on the road in - and gets a big smile on my dial every time.  A nice exhaust is on it and some quality modern shocks - perfect for time being.  Targa Tassie Porsche Tour this year was super fun in it.  So Ill enjoy that and see whats next over time......maybe even a stock 997 GT3RS or go a GT4 Clubsport race car when i fire back up for track stuff.... 

64E299FA-104D-4F12-AC34-63CEED2A35A3.jpeg

On 20/12/2021 at 21:46, spiller said:

Wow! What a beast that is.

Thanks. 997 / 996 Metzger GT3 fans may appreciate this.  I don't think Ive posted it.

Car was driven from Syd to Bathurst and back home after the event(s).In cooler air the speedo hit 274km/h down that straight too despite the big wing. A few 997 GT3 mates have more 'go' these days, but it held its own well.  

The sound is awesome on good speakers. 

3 hours ago, mc968cs said:

Thanks. 997 / 996 Metzger GT3 fans may appreciate this.  I don't think Ive posted it.

Car was driven from Syd to Bathurst and back home after the event(s).In cooler air the speedo hit 274km/h down that straight too despite the big wing. A few 997 GT3 few mates have more 'go' these days, but it held its own well.  

The sound is awesome on good speakers. 

I see RPM being above 6k-7k all the time. Great driving skills. 👏

stock or aftermarket exhaust??

13 hours ago, DM911 said:

I see RPM being above 6k-7k all the time. Great driving skills. 👏

stock or aftermarket exhaust??

Tks. Exhaust - Sharwerks EVO headers with further upgraded race grade cats, side delete, OEM rear muffler modified to make it a tad quieter. Plus little side offshoot anti resonance tubes (custom) so you could talk on the phone etc when cruising. 

https://www.sharkwerks.com/exhaust/p5487-evoms-clubsport-header-system-for-997-997-2-gt3-rs-EVOX411