997 GT3 Market Watch

On 28/11/2021 at 19:24, hugh said:

Totally depends on the event. 

I was at a Porsche club Vic event today, approx 120 completion cars, At a guess at least 50% (possibly more) were GT cars, mostly 991’s (and a 992 GT3) I think 4-5 997 GT3’s (including a 997 RS) and 3 x 996 GT3’s including my RS. 

A small day we ran at Winton earlier in the year, 40 cars, I’d say at least 15 -20 996 GT3’s, 5-10 997 GT3’s and a couple of 991 GT3’s. 

Porsche club events in general are wealthy owners wanting the latest, greatest & fastest. As a result you’ll get a higher proportion of 991’s, GT4’s etc. 

Our little Winton gathering on the other hand, more ‘enthusiast’ base, less about lap times, more about exercising the cars for fun so it was overrun with playful 996’s. 

They are very much still out there being used, just depends on the event and/or the circle of Porsche owners you hang out with. 

Economics don’t come into the discussion from my point of view, that’s totally overthinking it. ;)

Hey Hugh, just a quick question. The 997 gt3's you saw you mentioned what colours were they? Reason I ask I have 997.2 riviera blue and wondering how many in the country? Ever seen a 997.2 riv blue in your travels ? 

9 hours ago, Bandyboy33 said:

Hey Hugh, just a quick question. The 997 gt3's you saw you mentioned what colours were they? Reason I ask I have 997.2 riviera blue and wondering how many in the country? Ever seen a 997.2 riv blue in your travels ? 

Mostly white black and silver/grey. I don't believe I've seen a riviera blue one though, sounds lovely! 

• 4 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Surely at that price there's an RS missing from the listing heading?????

Nah, at the moment you just put up ads with ridiculous prices on them in the hopes you get someone desperate. Especially if supply is tight.

On 08/02/2022 at 16:53, mbedford said:

quiet in here, so let me post a picture of my now fully PPF'd GT3 :)image.png.cfd9adbd5116c9485e0d3719806969a2.png

Wow looks fantastic who did the full PPF?

Reason I ask is that I am looking to get my 996.2 GT3 done, but have varied experiences with PPF installers in the past.