997 GT3 Market Watch

43 minutes ago, mbedford said:

The 991 doesn't have a raw mezger, too many electronics, getting too big, loosing the Porsche touch

After driving 4000km's of road trips in my first 5 months in my 997.2, i dont know why you'd be wanting anything more :)

Because the 991.2 is better 

On 14/05/2022 at 08:09, symsy said:

I love a good drift on the road and in forum and thread and that car has been on my saved list for a long while ... it hasnt sold!! what do the audience say that would sell at ??   Is there something missing on the options list , the seller seems to wanna individually price every option..   would you give a shit ? $37k of you spent it I aint gonna pay extra for it .. what am i missing?   Apart from some decent carbon backed seats!! 

Cant you just buy a rear boot lid and pop it on this for the same result and get a nice set of seats and a cage ?  https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-manual-my18/SSE-AD-6065586/?Cr=12

Also has anyone actually driven one of these a normal manual track bitch example compared to a touring.. I have to mention Touring just for Edgy , cos I know it cracks him and his Crack pipe ...  How do they compare? Is a 991 really an investment?   I wouldnt give Chellingworth any votes of confidence as a dealer  and I guess it has warranty over a 997.. thats a big bonus

A 997.2 aint no investment at that buy in price point..

I believe the aero setup is different front and rear on the touring, so sticking a wing on the back probably isn't going to work without doing something to the front. That is from memory though watching a video a couple of years ago so take it with a grain of salt.

1 hour ago, mbedford said:

The 991 doesn't have a raw mezger, too many electronics, getting too big, loosing the Porsche touch

After driving 4000km's of road trips in my first 5 months in my 997.2, i dont know why you'd be wanting anything more :)

You can say the same thing about the 997. Its all relative. I personally think they're both great cars for different reasons. The steering is definitely better on a 997. The engine is definitely better on the 991.2

23 hours ago, symsy said:

Nice .. but prefer the grey red , my ultimate .  Do you know what dollars its fetched

Like the one Hammond spun at Virginia international raceway, chasing captain slow in a 458 on a Top Gear episode. Nice!

5 hours ago, DM911 said:

Seriously how many wankers are there out there ..  am I getting banned for saying that if they are a member ?   Code RED .. Man Down with his wallet out !!

13 minutes ago, symsy said:

Seriously how many wankers are there out there ..  am I getting banned for saying that if they are a member ?   Code RED .. Man Down with his wallet out !!

😀. If my pocket is that full, i would have paid few extra thousands and purchases that black CS ( I know many hate black as well 🤣).  

22 minutes ago, DM911 said:

😀. If my pocket is that full, i would have paid few extra thousands and purchases that black CS ( I know many hate black as well 🤣).  

If your pockets that full , why would you buy one of them period and just not get an RS or something else ..  Value and price two different dimensions in some peoples reality evidently ..

2 hours ago, symsy said:

If your pockets that full , why would you buy one of them period and just not get an RS or something else ..  Value and price two different dimensions in some peoples reality evidently ..

991.1RS? 

10 hours ago, luzzo said:

And I would rather be in the 996/997GT3 stratosphere, where at least my eyeballs remain intact and my brain still has time to react. 

As a road driven car, agree, but surely not at the Lorbek price 👎🏻