Looking at upgrading to a 930 and trying to get my head around values at the moment as they seem to be all over the shop. My feeling is that they have slid backwards somewhat since last year and nothing really seems to be selling. What's the general feeling on price out there on an OZ delivered 930? 

Colour seems to play a big part.

I sold my UK 1988 white 930 in November within an hour of listing@ $185K, and had others interested.

However I then tried to sell a nicer Aus delivered 1982 930 in Guards Red for $225K and did not get any serious suitors, so he's back into storage:(

55 minutes ago, 901er said:

If this lovely UK car hasn't sold for 170, then I struggle to see more than 220 in an Aussie car. Don't understand the ones priced with a 3

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-930-1980/OAG-AD-15473742

This is a very nice car. Not just saying it because it's a PFA members car, I've seen it up close. Can have a closer look if you wish, and try to blag a drive

10 minutes ago, 9er said:

I sold my UK 1988 white 930 in November within an hour of listing@ $185K, and had others interested.

However I then tried to sell a nicer Aus delivered 1982 930 in Guards Red for $225K and did not get any serious suitors, so he's back into storage:(

Interesting. You’d think the guards red would sell especially considering its ‘aussie’. I believe it didn’t because it’s over $200k

2 minutes ago, GRK930 said:

Interesting. You’d think the guards red would sell especially considering its ‘aussie’. I believe it didn’t because it’s over $200k

You might be right, although I may have been negotiable down to just under that but there was no one to negotiate with.

turbo_zpsivmgprct.jpg

10 minutes ago, 9er said:

You might be right, although I may have been negotiable down to just under that but there was no one to negotiate with.

turbo_zpsivmgprct.jpg

IIRC I think Tom and his silver one experienced the same over months, then sold it for less than 200 somewhere.

Ace looking car by the way:wub::wub::wub:, one day one'll be in my shed

I think the right money for a local 930 is 200-220.  

I also think the right ones for a good RHD conceived in The Fatherlnd is ..... 200-220 

Go figure. 

BTW, cars cars from the 70’s and 80’s can be “oddball”.  In fact they would be.  

I like the Shannon’s car.  It’s real. 

1 hour ago, galah66 said:

Yes the Shannon’s car will be interesting. I’ve looked at that one but somewhat of a polarising colour in my opinion. Not for me but will be very interesting to see what it sells for.

The Shannon's turbo is the same colour as my SC was. People tended to either love it, hate it, or it would grown on them. It was actually one of the things I liked most about my car.

I'm keen to see what the turbo sells for. I think it will be around the $160k mark however it's a difficult market to judge. I do know that some of the cars that have been on my car sales watch list for a long time are 930s.  Might say more about the cars than the market though??

9er's car above is gorgeous, if any 930 should be able to get $200k, that car should be it!

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

This is a very nice car. Not just saying it because it's a PFA members car, I've seen it up close. Can have a closer look if you wish, and try to blag a drive

Thanks for the offer Lee. I did speak to one of the sales guys there about that car and said he would get back to me with a few questions i had. Interesting that two days later i have still had no response!  

Another interesting colour - whats it like up close? 

1 hour ago, 9er said:

turbo_zpsivmgprct.jpg

9er that is a beautiful car but to be honest probably a little beyond what i am looking to spend. Really appreciate the valuable input.

Cheers 

29 minutes ago, galah66 said:

Thanks for the offer Lee. I did speak to one of the sales guys there about that car and said he would get back to me with a few questions i had. Interesting that two days later i have still had no response!  

Another interesting colour - whats it like up close? 

'Striking' is about the best analogy I can come up with mate. Not much of a fan of brown cars, but this really pops when up close to it. I imagine it would look great in natural light. 

Strange that they didn't return your call

Get onto the owner @3legs ?

20 minutes ago, LeeM said:

'Striking' is about the best analogy I can come up with mate. Not much of a fan of brown cars, but this really pops when up close to it. I imagine it would look great in natural light. 

Strange that they didn't return your call

Get onto the owner @3legs ?

Will do - Thanks for your help Lee

7 hours ago, 9er said:

But the 88 was a g50 car, no?  Not avail in oz so no comparison to oz delivered cars.  $40k is a big difference?

5 hours ago, Coastr said:

But the 88 was a g50 car, no?  Not avail in oz so no comparison to oz delivered cars.  $40k is a big difference?

No, 

930 was 5 speed for ‘89 only.

Aus. Didn’t get 87/88/89 cars

Go buy a 993 Turbo  .. you will never regret it ..low to mid 2's..  930 iconic , but 993 comfy , cold inside , more reliable  and equally shares standing as an solid porsche asset,  appreciating similarly if thats the game or realistically in this market equally holding a reasonable value albeit a softer one.. all these cars needed a trim on price and should/will be less as they go through this current financial cycle, some of the  crazy mans bubble value and prices..should be challenged.

A original unmolested 930 would be nice but a unmolested 993 a much easier ownership proposition, yeah if money is no option have both.  Or even better a gt3 ;) 

James's car is/was the best value I have seen in a very long while in this arena.

20 hours ago, galah66 said:

Looking at upgrading to a 930 and trying to get my head around values at the moment as they seem to be all over the shop. My feeling is that they have slid backwards somewhat since last year and nothing really seems to be selling. What's the general feeling on price out there on an OZ delivered 930? 

Silly question - have you driven some?  Very different proposition to a n/a car. The boost hit is fun but can become a one trick pony.  I find hotted up early cars more fun to push along in.  This was my personal experience in having had one as a road car for about 4 years.

They do look hot though - especially in black. 

1 hour ago, OBRUT said:

Silly question - have you driven some?  Very different proposition to a n/a car. The boost hit is fun but can become a one trick pony.  I find hotted up early cars more fun to push along in.  This was my personal experience in having had one as a road car for about 4 years.

They do look hot though - especially in black. 

Haven't driven one yet as i have only just started to become more serious in my intentions to purchase. Just always been my favourite of all of the AC cars. 

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

Ummm a 993 tt needs another 100k over an equivalent 930?

i agree with the idea wholeheartedly...but little bit different market?

Not if you think a 930 is 200k.. buy a TT hard and you will smiling many instead of sweating many, not only when driving but , when you think of the boosted performance costs of a 930