At the risk of rocking up to the party after it's finished !   ... I did a search earlier on 930's to get a sense of price valuations myself and found this thread.

Like all P's there is a valuation delta for anything non-Australian delivered and a buyer beware PPI checkpoint for the cars out of the UK given rust propensity.

Any views on what that market delta is likely to be on a 930 for something like this UK import one ?  It states rust free but would still need to be tested having found this out myself the hard way when I invested time, effort and hard coin on almost buying what seemed to be a sensational manual '97 993 C2S last year.

Very different colour as well. Striking ! 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-930-1982/SSE-AD-4624679/?_ga=2.225894746.1984309324.1523781482-1994456277.1516958944&_gac=1.221707882.1523789410.Cj0KCQjw8MvWBRC8ARIsAOFSVBVLSo0WoajM1itu8dUSYJpgRymtlY6ipHAedk2619QviH1RZoQCUp4aAnpNEALw_wcB

3 hours ago, spiller said:

It’s my old man’s car, but he was kind enough to lend it to me for the Adelaide Vic Park sprint in 2015 when my GT3 had a broken gearbox. Very cool looking car!

Thanks @spiller and @LeeM  small world.

I watched this youtube of Magnus Walker on his '75 930 acquisition from Australia a few years ago which drew me back to my very first memory of the iconic Porsche which was the poster of the 930 around the same time as the Lamborghini Countach.  I think I had both on my wall at one stage !  Here is the Magnus Walker clip if anybody is interested and hasn't seen it.  I found a web post that suggested that he picked it up for around $115k at the time.  Nice purchase ! 

I am very keen to drive one to see what they are like if any PFA members based in Melbourne have one and would be agreeable to catching up at some stage for a spin swap with my 966tt.

47 minutes ago, Thommo66 said:

I watched this youtube of Magnus Walker on his '75 930 acquisition from Australia a few years ago which drew me back to my very first memory of the iconic Porsche which was the poster of the 930 around the same time as the Lamborghini Countach.  I think I had both on my wall at one stage !  Here is the Magnus Walker clip if anybody is interested and hasn't seen it.  I found a web post that suggested that he picked it up for around $115k at the time.  Nice purchase ! 

I am very keen to drive one to see what they are like if any PFA members based in Melbourne have one and would be agreeable to catching up at some stage for a spin swap with my 966tt.

Ha, great video!!!  Hadn't seen this.  I must get around to signing up to the Youtube channel and watching them all....

1 hour ago, Thommo66 said:

Mine's 80s not 70s but PM me if you like as I would love to go for a spin in a more modern one....

5 hours ago, spiller said:

It’s my old man’s car, but he was kind enough to lend it to me for the Adelaide Vic Park sprint in 2015 when my GT3 had a broken gearbox. Very cool looking car!

Was or still is? Can't understand why it is still for sale. 

15 hours ago, Thommo66 said:

think he paid $75k....and look at it now

IMG_5409_zpsbcv4d95m.png

• 1 month later...

A 1985 930 UK import for sale at $140k. 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/port-macquarie/cars-vans-utes/porsche-930/1184314773

Even though the seller doesn't seem keen to actually provide any good photos, the car might appeal to someone. Seems to be priced in the correct vicinity and maybe I like the colour (I say maybe because it's hard to tell by the pics.). 

5 minutes ago, bear924 said:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/port-macquarie/cars-vans-utes/porsche-930/1184314773

Even though the seller doesn't seem keen to actually provide any good photos, the car might appeal to someone. Seems to be priced in the correct vicinity and maybe I like the colour (I say maybe because it's hard to tell by the pics.). 

Looks to have 964 bumpers.....

12 hours ago, ANF said:

Looks to have 964 bumpers.....

When do you start to worry with these ads , when you see the mirros , the wheels , the bumpers , the after market door speakers.. @Port 911  tyre kicking boots at the ready young rickie ..full report by tmrw arvo on my desk!

13 hours ago, bear924 said:

Here is the car on CarSales.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1985/SSE-AD-5107409/?Cr=5

note the different wheels. When I saw this car at Autowerks it had 9.5 & 11 x18 Speedlines. 

On 4/17/2018 at 8:38 AM, turboT said:

think he paid $75k....and look at it now

IMG_5409_zpsbcv4d95m.png

Gone backwards perhaps ???.Never been a fan of black rims until recently having  joined the dark side. Boring as bats$% for Magnus and his fanboys, but reckon powder coat those rims in any version of black and some shoe polish,  ideally another 10mm raised in the rear for some symmetry and that would tick more boxes for me.    Not convinced of the exposed  industrial skirtless  look with  that two tone paint job and is that  symmetrical on the drivers side, or is it part of the nostalgia  and paying a premium  for a bit of free flowing license with a  gun ( or is that natural eg has the car been left in 2 foot of water and the lines are  from the watermark) or  too tight to spend  circa  $200 for some stencils ( meticulous) for a bit of guidance.

PS is that tag under the phone box a bit of Magnus's free flowing handy work.  Eg felt a bit guilty tagging the freshly coated  brickwork and settled for a tag under the phone box stand instead. Is Magnus left handed, eg needed to tilt the canvas to the right  45 degrees to make it look straight.

• 4 months later...