1 hour ago, GregAx said:

I doubt that it will sell within the expected range, possible Shannon's tactic to entice a larger market...thats the going rate for most imports on carsales.

Mondays result will be the answer to this thread.

They always underquote, well mostly. It's plus buyers premium as well..10% i think

I will never understand why a buyer should pay anything to the auction house. I mean if you buy a car for its market value, say $150k, then pay another 10% ontop, it doesn't make it a financially viable/sensible option does it? All of their fees should come from the seller, not the buyer

5 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

They always underquote, well mostly. It's plus buyers premium as well..10% i think

its a 5% buyers premium. Still ridiculous when you consider the seller already pays which makes it a nice double dip!

Pretty Brown ..or is that shit with glitter in it?  Come on what would you have said to the bloke who ordered the brown car back in the day ! Retro is not that cool really is it ? Bidding should be fierce at Shannons ... maybe we should run a book on the best guess on the fall of hammer price? I will stick my neck out and say $145k

Gotta be easier than footy tipping,  love an auction at least you get to cut through the bullshit and see where the real money is at at. This is the value discussion page is it not , not the enthusiasts owners thread :)   You have to pay the premium for the ringside seats ;) Better than streaming on the internet and or watching on the TV.

This could be interesting especially when you read the carsales headlines of its x 16 market competition.. Cliche Throttle Shop take the cake for their write up

"It is priced to sell quickly at $350,000", "Any collectors dream" , "This beautiful 1986 Porsche 930 is about relishing every moment on the road. EXTRA FEATURES: -...","AUSTRALIAN DELIVERED STUTTGART SUPERCAR","These cars are a world wide, blue chip investment ", "The 911 Turbo has enjoyed legendary status since 1975 and this example will give its new owner that special feeling","Adorned on almost all of our bedroom walls alongside its direct competition", "arguably the most evocative Porsche design ever penned.", "From the throaty warble of the exhaust note, the quick steering feel to its sheer power, acceleration and the way it attacks corners, from every conceivable angle this car is alive","the best way to describe this car is as a time capsule", "a handful of examples left in Australia", "930 proves that prestige and power can go hand-in-hand"

So many call for originality , but really you need to tune the shit out of a 930 to bring forth its true attitude. As for the multitude of body mods we see ..what a waste, what were they thinking 

7 minutes ago, symsy said:

"It is priced to sell quickly at $350,000", "Any collectors dream" , "This beautiful 1986 Porsche 930 is about relishing every moment on the road. EXTRA FEATURES: -...","AUSTRALIAN DELIVERED STUTTGART SUPERCAR","These cars are a world wide, blue chip investment ", "The 911 Turbo has enjoyed legendary status since 1975 and this example will give its new owner that special feeling","Adorned on almost all of our bedroom walls alongside its direct competition", "arguably the most evocative Porsche design ever penned.", "From the throaty warble of the exhaust note, the quick steering feel to its sheer power, acceleration and the way it attacks corners, from every conceivable angle this car is alive","the best way to describe this car is as a time capsule", "a handful of examples left in Australia", "930 proves that prestige and power can go hand-in-hand"

All of a sudden I have a strange aching feeling for a 930 ...  :ph34r:

Looks like I'm going to have to go to real estate.com to see how much my house went up and then went down to see if I can afford one .... that is the way to judge my wealth, isn't it??

7 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

All of a sudden I have a strange aching feeling for a 930 ...  :ph34r:

Looks like I'm going to have to go to real estate.com to see how much my house went up and then went down to see if I can afford one .... that is the way to judge my wealth, isn't it??

Question what will you pay for Brown Bomber..what is the Central Coast Mafia's word on the street

Symsy -145

Dreamr - Bank Valuation punt?

3 minutes ago, symsy said:

Question what will you pay for Brown Bomber..what is the Central Coast Mafia's word on the street

Symsy -145

Dreamr - Bank Valuation punt?

Heat of the auction will take over and the fear of missing out will be too much for some to bear ....

Dreamr's valuation ...... $200k

Banks valuation ..... forget it mate ...you really are a Dreamr!

7 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Heat of the auction will take over and the fear of missing out will be too much for some to bear ....

Banks valuation ..... forget it mate ...you really are a Dreamr!

Symsy -145

I think @James P could have his finger on the pulse along with @turboT although he has  mainly a 2/3rds outlook with his 4 pot passion, you never know he might turbo it ;) 

2 hours ago, symsy said:

Pretty Brown ..or is that shit with glitter in it?  Come on what would you have said to the bloke who ordered the brown car back in the day !

True story. A friend of my parents was always a very boring guy, drove a boxy Volvo back in the early 80s. He tells my folks that he's trading the Volvo in on a 911, a convertible too! I think it was roughly 83 or 84, he orders a new 911 cab. He comes around after picking it up to show it off, and would you believe he ordered non metallic beige with a brown soft top!!!

5 minutes ago, JLD said:

True story. A friend of my parents was always a very boring guy, drove a boxy Volvo back in the early 80s. He tells my folks that he's trading the Volvo in on a 911, a convertible too! I think it was roughly 83 or 84, he orders a new 911 cab. He comes around after picking it up to show it off, and would you believe he ordered non metallic beige with a brown soft top!!!

You did start out by saying he was a Volvo driver in the 80's so it is not that surprising is it? ;) 

2 hours ago, symsy said:

Cliche Throttle Shop take the cake for their write up

Think I may retire for a 2 minute orgasmic journey to a cubicle in the men's room with that text Symsy:Drool:

2 hours ago, symsy said:

Symsy -145

Me - $185. Well healed NSWelshmen who pay 100k - 200k for a number plate will drive it up and one will take it.

41 minutes ago, JLD said:

Well, he was a Volvo driver  and it didn't even have a parcel shelf for the bowling hat:ph34r:

Whenever I think of cabs, I usually have the disturbing picture in my head of a blue silk shirt wearing, multiple gold chain adorned, hairy chested European dude with a big moustache with some Frank Sinatra 'New York New York' blaring out of the speakers ?

Saw a grey haired gent a few weeks ago here with what looked like a wide bodied SC silver cab with speedster type rollbar humps. Man I laughed 

(Nuthin wrong with ol Frank though) 

3 hours ago, symsy said:

Pretty Brown ..or is that shit with glitter in it?  Come on what would you have said to the bloke who ordered the brown car back in the day ! Retro is not that cool really is it ? Bidding should be fierce at Shannons ... maybe we should run a book on the best guess on the fall of hammer price? I will stick my neck out and say $145k

Been to look at this car three times now - Have tried really hard to like the colour but have decided i just couldn't live with a brown car! Its a pity as its a great car with excellent records and OZ delivered. My guess is the colour will hold it back so im going to say $170k  

Symsy -145  - Shit in the bucket , albeit shit with glitter in it

Dreamr's valuation ...... 200k

Troubleshooter 185k

Galah 170k

@JLD  - Whats your number?

@LeeM .. WTF Cabriolet  ?? Frank Sinatra or Frankie Goes to Hollywood ..is more the era mate

Symsy -145  - Shit in the bucket , albeit shit with glitter in it guess

Dreamr's valuation ...... 200k - Bank Managers viewpoint meets realestate tycoon

Troubleshooter 185k - Straight shooter

Galah 170k - You started this its all your fault 

JLD 170-180k (Must be a hedge fund manager)

@LeeM .. WTF Cabriolet  ?? Frank Sinatra or Frankie Goes to Hollywood ..is more the era mate

Just now, symsy said:

Dreamr's valuation ...... 200k 

Troubleshooter 185k - Straight shooter

JLD 170-180k (Must be a hedge fund manager)

My guess is the reserve is set at 200k, I don't think it will sell

10 minutes ago, symsy said:

your valuation on the 930!!! ;)  that numbers gonna end up on the toilet wall in Dutton now, suggest you edit your post

ring-a-root

post edited, but I always give my number to anyone

Shannons 930 Tipping Comp (Without Buyers Premium)

Dreamr's valuation ...... 200k - Bank Managers viewpoint meets realestate tycoon

Troubleshooter 185k - Straight shooter, a man with conviction

JLD 170-180k (Must be a hedge fund manager) Newbies second stab in the dark . "I guess is the reserve is set at 200k, I don't think it will sell"

TurboT -- the man has foresight , he is a fortune teller , look back at his commentary .."Modify in anyway or colour of a turd, and it will be worth a whole let less" , historically at $180-210 but await his official position, cos lets face it i said Pooh and he said Turd

@James P  Masterplayer on prices , with recent form , but still in pitt lane with no noteable comments from the team manager

8 hours ago, symsy said:

Pretty Brown ..or is that shit with glitter in it?  Come on what would you have said to the bloke who ordered the brown car back in the day ! Retro is not that cool really is it

,"the best way to describe this car is as a time capsule", 

The best way to describe this ad is as a suppository.

Take that the way nature intended ;)

Used car dealers are always uber constipated...full of it

Bit like us really

2 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

The best way to describe this ad is as a suppository.

Take that the way nature intended ;)

Used car dealers are always uber constipated...full of it

Bit like us really

Come on Tas and your magic number is for that car ???  How many Tassie Dutchmarcs

7 minutes ago, Redracn said:

My Bid $164K but I suspect it wont reach reserve (unless the eventual buyer is colorblind)

We are on the same page, my bid would be $165K, but then I like to round things off.