5 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

We are on the same page, my bid would be $165K, but then I like to round things off.

Ok, I am curious has anyone looked at this 930 on Carsales

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-930-1981/OAG-AD-15112863/?Cr=7

I know its an import etc  and it has been sitting in the yard for some time.

Seems not a bad deal if you could screw down a few dollars.

Any thoughts

2 hours ago, symsy said:

Come on Tas and your magic number is for that car ???  How many Tassie Dutchmarcs

If it hasn't sold by May 8th I would offer 20% less  and take off the cost of a full service from AH plus 5k for hidden surprises and "improvements". Like a latte holder.

Hi,

Ok, curious why May 8th?.. So by my maths if I offered $100k cash no finance would that be a steal.

Other issue is explaining to the wife how I spent her super $$ for retirement:unsure: and can possibly

drive to cars at once.

That's my homework!!

Lock in $155k on the 930 please. It would be great to see where the bidding finishes regardless of whether it makes reserve. Is anyone going to the auction?

There also two 930 at Lloyds auction for those who miss out with Shannon's. 

2 minutes ago, AIA said:

Hi,

Ok, curious why May 8th?.. So by my maths if I offered $100k cash no finance would that be a steal.

Other issue is explaining to the wife how I spent her super $$ for retirement:unsure: and can possibly

drive to cars at once.

That's my homework!!

May 8th is two months. It's just a random even number. Even though I am probably more odd than even.

You need to get over the need to explain things to the wife.  Add up her clothing & jewellery spends , past and estimated future. Reduce your expenditure on RM Williams and Porsche logoed cardigans. Assess what you go to work for.  Adjust the current equation : 1/3 school fees , 1/3 tax , 1/3 mortgage.

Pre-retirement is as important as retirement. I know plenty of crippled , prematurely old and mentally saggy retirees. Don't let that be you! 

inside info on the floater. Owned by an old bloke in Qld. Just had a service with AH and got it back and went ' I'm too old for it -  put it up for sale'.' I get the feeling it has sat unused for a while. Clearly did not buy it recently, so probably didn't pay a lot either. Doesn't sound like he is too interested in hanging onto it...

Turd factor knocks out the competition would be my thoughts. Nothing was brown in the 80's? unless the owner was backdating to the 70's ?

would be good buying at $170k

Shannons 930 Tipping Comp (Without Buyers Premium)

Symsy -145k  - Shit in the bucket , albeit shit with glitter in it guess

Bear924 - 155k gets down to rock bottom prices  with me with a "Bear" falling market assessment, the man should know hes got the right PFA handle

James P - 160-165k Masterplayer on prices , with recent form  in the Shannons stakes

RedRacn - 164K makes his colour blind call..  Guards Red or Redracn its not .. and says it will pass in as a no buy.

GC9911 - 165k Likes it tidy , like his cars and his tractor

Galah - 170k - You started this its all your fault

TurboT --  170k , the man has foresight and inside knowledge , look back at his commentary .."Modify in anyway or colour of a turd, and it will be worth a whole let less" 

JLD 170-180k (Must be a hedge fund manager) Newbies second stab in the dark . "I guess is the reserve is set at 200k, I don't think it will sell"

Troubleshooter - 185k - Straight shooter, a man with convictio

GregAX - 190k - Early commentary seemed happy to just see how the cards fall, but has been hooked into he game with a call

Dreamr's valuation . - 200k - Bank Managers viewpoint meets realestate tycoon

Still in Pitt Lane

@LeeM .. WTF Cabriolet  ?? Frank Sinatra or Frankie Goes to Hollywood ..is more the era mate

Tazzieman - Is still pondering on the market dynamics and working on his formula.. before he makes his call

@Mick - Awaiting buyers bid and instructions via phone

@OnSafari  Buyers premium is Crap.. but what of the colour , Turd , Pooh , Shit Glitter or is it crap also .. price call please

@3legs Recovering from boost whiplash but im sure he will come through with a number and a full recovery

@9er  Its gonna be all white - I think your call must be less than 185k?

@GUT Come on man whats the number for the two timing turbo man

I say bidding starts at $140k -$150k & ends up at $160k-$165k. The bargain  hunters are out.. man id hate to be the seller reading these comments 

Most aircooled cars are over priced at the moment so the auction will be a good indicator of current values on Oz delivered crap etc.. has anyone seen the light or should i say has anyone seen the water?

Bear924 - 155k gets down to rock bottom prices  with me with a "Bear" falling market assessment, the man should know hes got the right PFA handle

James P - 160-165k Masterplayer on prices , with recent form  in the Shannons stakes

RedRacn - 164K makes his colour blind call..  Guards Red or Redracn its not .. and says it will pass in as a no buy.

9er - 168k -  plays the game 

Galah66 - 170k - You started this its all your fault

TurboT --  170k , the man has foresight and inside knowledge , look back at his commentary .."Modify in anyway or colour of a turd, and it will be worth a whole let less" 

JLD 170-180k (Must be a hedge fund manager) Newbies second stab in the dark . "I guess is the reserve is set at 200k, I don't think it will sell"

Troubleshooter - 185k - Straight shooter, a man with conviction

GregAX - 190k - Early commentary seemed happy to just see how the cards fall, but has been hooked into he game with a call

Still in Pitt Lane

@LeeM .. WTF Cabriolet  ?? Frank Sinatra or Frankie Goes to Hollywood ..is more the era mate

@tazzieman - Is still pondering on the market dynamics and working on his formula.. before he makes his call

@OnSafari  Buyers premium is Crap.. but what of the colour , Turd , Pooh , Shit Glitter or is it crap also .. price call please

@3legs Recovering from boost whiplash but im sure he will come through with a number and a full recovery

22 minutes ago, symsy said:

Still in Pitt Lane

@tazzieman - Is still pondering on the market dynamics and working on his formula.. before he makes his call

Okay, $155K, after owning a "bitter chocolate" coupe, which come to think of it was a bit crap (conversion), ah who am I kidding I don't mind brown, as my brother says, you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

3 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

I’m loving this thread hijack 

The requesters are getting their numbers ... your lucky it isnt the PFA meat raffle night 

Im glad I can facilitate /entertain .. you know what its like , life in the country 

4 minutes ago, symsy said:

The requesters are getting their numbers ... your lucky it isnt the PFA meat raffle night 

Im glad I can facilitate /entertain .. you know what its like , life in the country 

188k is the number

Shannons 930 Tipping Comp (Without Buyers Premium) (Non Dirty Import - Just a Dirty Colour) 

GUT - 75K - Man you bad mouthing the 930 brotherhood , you talking for both 930s 

WOKA 132k - Money in his pocket - hot to trot at the right price.. come on down he says!!

Onsafari - 155k -  side note Buyers premium is Crap and everything is better with glitter

James P - 160-165k Masterplayer on prices , with recent form in the Shannons stakes

9er - 168k -  plays the game, says anything other than a white 5 speed 88 is lame.

Mick - 188k -  A post dinner drink number and safe call from the man on the phone 

Dreamr's early valuation . - 200k - Bank Managers viewpoint meets realestate tycoon, he steps away from the crowd

Still in Pitt Lane

@tazzieman - Is still pondering on the market dynamics and working on his formula.. before he makes his call

1 minute ago, symsy said:

Shannons 930 Tipping Comp (Without Buyers Premium) (Non Dirty Import - Just a Dirty Colour) 

Onsafari - 155k -  side note Buyers premium is Crap and everything is better with glitter

Still in Pitt Lane

@tazzieman - Is still pondering on the market dynamics and working on his formula.. before he makes his call

@Mick - Awaiting buyers bid and instructions via phone

Lock me in 188k

12 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Galah's certainly getting his money's worth of info/opinion .... and he aint even a FMB)

Galah66 is gonna pay his membership and then register at Shannons to bid along side all of us and we are going to wear the auctioneer down , by taking it to his number in $250 lots starting at GUTs opener..