Check Your P

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biology of cancers is so complex that most doctors don't understand it. And most researchers are far removed from living patients.

Many cancers are indeed "bad luck",  but not due to just one event such as a DNA mistake. It goes far far deeper than that.

And it is true , many illnesses can be prevented or mitigated by sensible rational measures ; dietary , lifestyle etc.

Given my whole working life is looking at other people's bad luck and mistakes , I have a vested though not obsessional  interest in my own good health.

But I just use commonsense and do not take pills of any sort.  Good genetics helps , but it doesn't make sense to wave your tail in the mouth of a tiger.

YMMV!

• 2 weeks later...

It's gone as of this morning. Feeling fine.  Wearing a stylish backless gown and stockings....who needs a Boxter ?  :Chuckle2:

Thankyou to all for the information and kind words.

Now, please to everyone, as intended by this thread, go get checked. Any girls reading, drag him along to the doctors.

A little pain and embarrassment is better than the alternative.

Alkalise .... its your friend in all these departments..good for the entire body.

If your looking for a simple PCAR drivers support additive to your daily regime  ALKALA N

German made , 1 scoop and your on the way to goodness , most cancers, nearly all cannot grow in alkaline environment in the body.  

That said most AC car owners suffer problems in the nether regions as the default carry spot for the mobile ends up being between the legs.

Best of recovery and a life of full boost to you Oz

46 minutes ago, symsy said:

Alkalise .... its your friend in all these departments..good for the entire body.

If your looking for a simple PCAR drivers support additive to your daily regime  ALKALA N

German made , 1 scoop and your on the way to goodness , most cancers, nearly all cannot grow in alkaline environment in the body.  

That said most AC car owners suffer problems in the nether regions as the default carry spot for the mobile ends up being between the legs.

Best of recovery and a life of full boost to you Oz

Thanks Symsy.  Of course it's German!! Will chase it up after I get released for added boost.

Mobile phone goes nowhere near the nether regions. Door pockets or console with earphones, but it got me anyway ☹️

PFA is a really good resource on most subjects. 

One of my good mates, mid 40s is having a similar procedure next month.  His older brother (fit guy late 40s) dropped dead of a heart attack while out running in the UK and as a consequence, my mate , his dad and his other brothers all had full checkups focussed on heart health.  Two of them had elevated PSA leading to biopsy and in my mates case, positive reading, mildly aggressive prostrate cancer but thankfully cancer has not spread.  He is the sort of bloke that wouldn't go to a Dr without good reason and with no prostrate symptoms at all, he is very grateful that the very sad and untimely death of his brother has led to a checkup and early detection and hopefully cure of prostrate cancer. it might have been years before it was discovered otherwise........

certainly motivated me to get back to the doc.

5 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

Thanks Symsy.  Of course it's German!! Will chase it up after I get released for added boost.

Mobile phone goes nowhere near the nether regions. Door pockets or console with earphones, but it got me anyway ☹️

PFA is a really good resource on most subjects. 

Im no oncologist or biomedical doctor, but feel free to drop me a line, if needed for tuning tips. I used to have a detox and health clinic, working with a focus on recovery as I had two boost failures causing the C syndromes by the living a too highly modded go fast lifestyle.

Stay well.. PFA advice and additives for life and car  .. what a place !!!! :)   

https://www.sanum.com/index.php?cPath=43&language=en

https://www.healyourself.com.au/product/sanum-alkala-n-150g-powder?gclid=CjwKCAjw7tfVBRB0EiwAiSYGM7CRNwdLH75Ss_TlRKw3fypYRGx3vn2zSg2exUTx72kBnrCCPq_TGRoCmtgQAvD_BwE

I dont know best place for you to source 

Not meaning to start a holy war like AC vs Water l but as this subject is something nearly as dear to my heart as Pcars.

For some surgery is the best way and  only way like emergency western medicine, its got great great merit. However,  I would say this .. not in all cases is surgery, radiation or chemo a good approach.  I suggest dont get dragged into the paranoia.. I have had clients who have complete normal PSA return after some lifestyle and natural approaches.

Get your Overrevs and PPI PSA check gents for sure , but a bit like our motor vehicles , chopping bits out and or adding a bit of anti knock additive to deal with broken machinery aint gonna give you much joy.  Remember our western medical system is setup to sell pharma/prescriptions, procedures and processes - for diagnosis .  Just like our Pcar dealer gets paid for thise little extra faults they find.

Get informed and research  in general is my advice, there are many solutions, our bodies an amazing bit of kit that can recover from many a thing with the right support and environment. like regular maintenance.  

PSA is just a screening test , as such relies upon statistics , is not specific and thus does not tell whether it's cancer or not. Prostatitis is common and will often settle with no treatment...PSA level drops, all good , it might go up again, that might be more prostatitis...or cancer.
As I previously mentioned , any man with strong family history of PCa should get to a doctor , and anyone with a raised PSA should know that it is often not cancer. And even if it is , many cases are managed watchfully without active treatment.
Of course , a visit to your GP should concentrate your mind on your risk factors for a healthy and hopefully long life. If you ignore this advice , it's like ignoring that annoying little engine rattle. It could get serious really quickly. Faith healing does not work, but a sensible , logical approach to managing life can certainly assist the healing process.

Lubed up wet finger in the air, lubed up finger in the rear .. rule of thumb... what an technically well engineered outlook of a forum perspectives we have..

Lubricants.. important on so many levels

4 hours ago, symsy said:

Lubed up wet finger in the air, lubed up finger in the rear .. rule of thumb... what an technically well engineered outlook of a forum perspectives we have..

Lubricants.. important on so many levels

And find a doctor with thin fingers ?

Best of luck Brian, maintain the rage and get your health sorted.

Good to see this raised and also I believe that what Tassieman has highlighted in regards to some of the broader prostate concerns and the various issues with some of the historical assessments and treatments is also important to each of us as we assess our health (the 'think it over a few times and consult many times' applies to many things and not just prostate).  It is an evolving landscape for the prostate and this is a good thing.

On a lighter note, those still with them in-tact, one of the funniest things I've watched in a along time- 

49 minutes ago, Chris-p said:

Thats good news Brian. Take care and all my best wishes to you.

+1

Plus ...you stirred me into getting a well overdue check done, which was all good, so thanks for that.

1 hour ago, Niko said:

+1

Plus ...you stirred me into getting a well overdue check done, which was all good, so thanks for that.

Congratulations.  Good to have peace of mind.

Hi All, as a bit of an update.

Revovery has been primarily pain management . In hospital I was given medication which included

Endone: not sure this stuff worked, supposed to be very strong. 

Tramadol: slow release, but the hallucinations were horrific, so only had one dose.

Panadol: these actually worked better than expected.  Down to only two per day, generally after I get bored and overdo things.

Today, another scan to ensure the needle work was holding and no leaks.  All good, so catheter was removed. What a relief....but now wear nappies for awhile.  Back to exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles so I can do away with nappies, hopefully.  At least until I get old.

Still wear the stockings until I finish the course of blood thinner injections....only 5 needles to go.  Injecting myself isn't getting easier. Downside of this stuff is it drops my BP, making me drowsy for most of the day.  Probably why I get bored. Walk to the shed a couple of times a day to look at my Prostate Blue 930.

what's ahead?  A follow up PSA check in 2 weeks and a review in 3 weeks.

Does anyone know of any legal requirement regarding driving after general anaesthetic ?  Not that I am up to it at the moment. (answer is below)

cheers

After recently having an op under a general anaesthetic I was told not to drive I think it was for 48 hours, it takes that long for the drugs to leave your system.

You would well and truly be fine by now!

I thought endone was similar to tramadol? Tried them once but like you never again.....

Continued good luck to you!

Right there with you on the Tramadol Oz. I had my gall bladder removed last year & they gave me a dose of Tramadol when I woke up from the operation. Talk about a disconnect between your head & body after taking it, I will never take that drug ever again in my life time.

Good to see you're on the mend.

Just spoke to the Highway Patrol prosecuting officer here in Tamworth regarding driving limitations after an operation or general anaesthetic and he said that there is no time limit.  The only restriction being that you cannot be drug affected whilst driving. Common sense would say 48 hours.

Shannon's policy is that you cannot drive until your doctor deems you safe to do so, otherwise no insurance cover.

Under the present circumstances, I have self imposed no driving for 4 weeks, despite how scary my wife's driving is. She is a very accurate driver, managing to hit every bump and pot hole on the way to and from the doctors. :wacko:

Sitting in doctors surgeries, reading motor cycle magazines, I was surprised at how many famous people have been lost by this cancer.

The police officer I spoke to, had his P removed 5 years ago and his brother 3 years ago.  Talk to people and you realise how widespread this is, but nowhere near the publicity that Breast Cancer gets.

5 hours ago, ANF said:

After recently having an op under a general anaesthetic I was told not to drive I think it was for 48 hours, it takes that long for the drugs to leave your system.

You would well and truly be fine by now!

I thought endone was similar to tramadol? Tried them once but like you never again.....

Continued good luck to you!

Thanks ANF, My cocktail was supposed to be two endone plus two tramadol plus 2 panadol for breakfast. Tramadol is supposed to be a slow release narcotic.  Another guy in the same ward was freaking out because he thought the walls and roof were collapsing, mine was more macabre than that.  Shouldn't have watched "Ghost" the night before. 

Stay vigilant everyone.

7 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

Sitting in doctors surgeries, reading motor cycle magazines, I was surprised at how many famous people have been lost by this cancer.

The police officer I spoke to, had his P removed 5 years ago and his brother 3 years ago.  Talk to people and you realise how widespread this is, but nowhere near the publicity that Breast Cancer gets.

You have hit a nerve there! My wife works for the Cancer Council, in major fund raising and events roles, she like me does not like the favouritism some cancers get over others in the media, she is trying to slowly make it more even.... I have an idea for a charity event, stay tuned.....

There is also a hell of a lot of doubling up in charities! Too many doing their own little thing, combine....

Archived