996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

2 minutes ago, D2000 said:

What is regularly? 6 months? 12 months?

I'd say it depends on where you live, and how the car is driven / not. The more humidity in the air or if you take lots of short trips, the more often you'd want to swap out the oil.

I remember seeing a video on LN Engineering's website saying to change oil religiously every 6 months... Who has the time though?!

It all goes back to - drive them often (and for an extended period) and you avoid all sorts of issues.

8 minutes ago, D2000 said:

This looks like one for someone to get onto quick smart:  https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-5493894/?Cr=2

That looks great value, great looking car if I should say so myself! :D

Interesting that it has no rear wiper? Wiper delete? Makes the GT3 look more convincing that's for sure.

Someone call and snap it up!

Cheers,

Dave.

18 minutes ago, disco said:

I wonder if it's a C23 region car. The wiper delete has me curious, was rear wiper an Oz requirement?

Might be a requirement not sure - but you can easily remove the wiper and buy a bung online for a few $$.

46 minutes ago, Jim45 said:

Might be a requirement not sure - but you can easily remove the wiper and buy a bung online for a few $$.

Probably removed the wiper with the Carrera badge

3 minutes ago, Peter John said:

@Tintin Audio delete his I believe ?

Its not easy to do it properly, the panel is welded in and sits beneath the bonded rear windscreen.

Can either cut out the panel and replace it or have a body shop patch up the hole which would be tricky because of the curve in the metal.

Or use a plug but you might as well leave it i'd keep the wiper over a plug.

1 hour ago, reggiegums said:

Can someone tell me whats a fair price to pay for a 1999/2000 Manual Carrera Coupe with factory gt3 bodykit X51, grey, 140,000 kms. Oz delivered full service. Not done the IMS.

Condition is good but not immaculate.

I'm no car dealer, but I would guess some where in the $45-50K region given the km's and condition, although being a manual might push it up more. I bought my 1998 996 a few years ago, this was a original unmarked car with no mods and crazy low 28, 000km's and paid $46K... hope this helps.

2.thumb.jpg.43e0dd4adbff918244638d7974a9d714.jpg

16 minutes ago, Tintin Audio said:

I'm no car dealer, but I would guess some where in the $45-50K region given the km's and condition, although being a manual might push it up more. I bought my 1998 996 a few years ago, this was a original unmarked car with no mods and crazy low 28, 000km's and paid $46K... hope this helps.

IMO the days of 45-50k for a manual coupe have passed and the price point has moved, I too am biased though...

Manual, AU delivered, coupe, GT3/AeroKit as the factory option is called, X51, decent kms - sounds like a great car. Whats the asking price? Or is this a private negotiation scenario? Car sounds like it has a lot going for it.

Manual, coupe, x51 all add value. Best spec. For this kind of spec prices have indeed been appreciating but not to the point where they go above a manual 997.

No upgraded IMS less perceived value 

Gt3 body kit is subjective.

140k kms will be impacted by IMS bearing perceptions and Internet rumours of cylinder scoring etc. 

High 50s would be a good buy price IMO assuming good PPI. 

Manual, coupe, x51 all add value. Best spec. For this kind of spec prices have indeed been appreciating but not to the point where they go above a manual 997.

140k kms will be impacted by IMS bearing perceptions and Internet rumours of cylinder scoring etc. 

2 hours ago, t888 said:

I would think mid to lower high 50's, X51 probably puts it at that level otherwise low 50's probably.  Definitely late 50's if it was a 996.2

I think the X51 option is pretty rare. If memory serves me right, it would have been a $20k+ cost when new.

IMS is around a $3.5-4.5k fix depending on the bearing you go for.

A PPI can be a $700+ expense so you may want to get a firm yes and agree on price before going to the headache and expense.

Is this a private negotiation or one of the cars of Carsales?

8 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Some of you are a bit rusty boys, the market moves and seems quite a few sales of standard 6.1 C2 man coupes over this year have been forgotten .... lots of fat wallets on here were bandied around only a coupla months back ... 

I mentioned  possibly listing mine and amongst the initial 4 or 5 PM's was a first up offer in the 60's 

""I’d offer 6xxxx depending on how well it passes a thorough ppi. I’ve even got a rare approval from the wife...

Nice of you to offer, we'll see how we go when I put a price on it and get serious ...

There are a few on CS in the 40s and 50s. It all depends on the condition and service record I guess.

1 hour ago, reggiegums said:

Thanks fellas for your input.

Its a private negotiation and its not grey per se.

Its like a brownish, greyish, blackish, charcoalish colour, which is the same as my 993. Thats what makes me like it.

Sounds good, what's the colour code? I'm curious as to what it looks like. Good luck with the negotiation! 

@reggiegums High 50s maybe early 60s sounds about right. The one I linked above was similar including aero kit but no x51 and it has sold in a couple of days at a $48k asking. So presumably strong demand at that level. Add some more for the X51. And you can’t really argue with @Troubleshooter‘s actual data