996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

When you've decide3d to move on, always good a quick sale. Must've been tempted to up the price and hold out a little ….$70000 - too cheap Dave

Hi mate,

Yes it was a good clean sale dealing with a gentleman. I'm not bothered at the price as it's going to a great home.

I have to mention that Autohaus were great by providing prospective buyers with a previously ordered PPI report and a positive reference on the car. Their endorsement goes a long way.

The reality is that's it's not ideal having to sell when you really don't wish to (again a 4 seater for a fam of 5  wasn't practical). But I thought by pricing the car at this level and with the amount of interest shown ,that I would attract a serious buyer who would be financial and respect my time. Fortunately it was a positive experience.

Cheers,

Dave.

9 hours ago, D2000 said:

Link suggests a 997 at $85k? Doesn’t sound like great value to me

9 hours ago, reggiegums said:

Its not. Don't understand why everyone is so excited.

The fact it sold in 2-3 hours says otherwise!

As much as we all like the 996, that interior is not going to win many awards.

On 7/19/2018 at 8:02 PM, Dave986 said:

This has been standing around for a while.

Has anyone here looked at it.

What's wrong with it?

White 996 in S.A

Well, I have pulled out of this.

Chatted to the guy, very talkative and answered my questions but when I spoke to Buiks the last service was in 10/2016 at 64k. This might have been noted i previous posts by others. It is AUS delivered with build codes C23, XRL, X54, 236, 446.

The bloke wants the full $55k and not negotiable and I'd expect some considering it'll need a major service and rego is almost out (I wouldn't need it anyway). 

Am I being too harsh?

The search continues...this is harder than I first thought!

7 minutes ago, Dave986 said:

Chatted to the guy, very talkative and answered my questions but when I spoke to Buiks the last service was in 10/2016 at 64k. This might have been noted i previous posts by others. It is AUS delivered with build codes C23, XRL, X54, 236, 446.

The bloke wants the full $55k and not negotiable and I'd expect some considering it'll need a major service and rego is almost out (I wouldn't need it anyway). 

Am I being too harsh?

Maybe a bit harsh.  A bit over 18 months/under 2 years since last service doesn't seem to me to be the end of the world, although not ideal.  Just need to get a thorough PPI, including cutting open the oil filter (which should give you a good idea of the state of the oil after that period of time).

Re price, it is a good colour and kms are pretty low.  Will he give you a bit off by letting him keep the sub, stereo and 19" wheels (assuming he has the original parts)?

Factor in say $7,000(maybe a bit more) for major service, clutch and IMS and you are at $62k.  That is still a decent discount off what @disco sold his aerokit one for, with slightly less km.

In other news, looks like @reddahaydn might be able to be convinced to sell a silver one if you give him enough to buy an air-cooled targa (https://porscheforum.com.au/topic/13841-swap-my-79-sc-targa-for-a-996/

I would have expected a minor service to have been completed in that time at least.

Yes, he’d take less for the stereo and rims but he’s offered this to others who have also baulked at the car. I reckon it’s a $50k car max. Then again that one on FB in the other thread is going for big $$.

56 minutes ago, Dave986 said:

Am I being too harsh?

Yep way too harsh on the points you listed. Aside any other factor of the car, he says amazing cond, its a popular colour, has very good ks and book says service every 2 years or 20k and major every 4 years ….. lots on here get hung up on yearly servicing which is not mandatory for many of the like of this

1 hour ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Not a lot of photos other than the fully sik stereo. Can you get someone in Adelaide to kick tyres?

Is it worth a PPI and then discussing final price based on the findings?

He’s already told me he is not willing to negotiate regardless of PPI or what it needs to be done. Even the mechanic says it’s a bit on the expensive side for what it is.

I was going to get LeeM to check it out but I reckon I’ll let it go. I have a PCar already, so I am in no rush.

8 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Yep way too harsh on the points you listed. Aside any other factor of the car, he says amazing cond, its a popular colour, has very good ks and book says service every 2 years or 20k and major every 4 years ….. lots on here get hung up on yearly servicing which is not mandatory for many of the like of this

Agree with you lots on here get hung up on servicing intervals.  Me thinks  buy on condition vs price equation and I always build in 5k on any second hand euro on top of the purchase price. E.g. start off fixing mechanicals noted in the ppi along i with a major service  and replace  aged rubber bits and known preventative maintenance items specific to the model your buying. 

8 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Agree with you lots on here get hung up on servicing intervals.  Me thinks  buy on condition vs price equation and I always build in 5k on any second hand euro on top of the purchase price. E.g. start off fixing mechanicals noted in the ppi along i with a major service  and replace  aged rubber bits and known preventative maintenance items specific to the model your buying. 

We all know that 2yrs / 20,000 kms is way too long for these cars and when the guy is unwilling to negotiate regardless of condition reports etc I am comfortable with my decision to walk away. Plus I know I am not the only potential purchaser who has balked at this car. Good luck to anyone here who buys it, it could be the bargain of the century, but then again it might not. 

44 minutes ago, Dave986 said:

We all know that 2yrs / 20,000 kms is way too long for these cars and when the guy is unwilling to negotiate regardless of condition reports etc I am comfortable with my decision to walk away. Plus I know I am not the only potential purchaser who has balked at this car. Good luck to anyone here who buys it, it could be the bargain of the century, but then again it might not. 

Agree, two years is too long, guess that's what happens when you have non-enthusiast owners who also install big stereos and 19" wheels... 

Although I like white, seems to come back into fashion every few years...

1 hour ago, Dave986 said:

I don't think there is any risk of it being bargain of the century... !