996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

1 minute ago, MARTY said:

Strange this one hasn’t sold it’s a good price or does someone know something I don’t?

The service history (I haven’t seen the stamped books) seems sketchy. Last service was over 18months ago at 6x, xxx kms.

39 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Crossing fingers for you @Dave986

Just keep in mind that Porsche used to sell these cars and tell buyers they only needed servicing every 20,000 kms.

BTW, I remember reading on this thread a kind soul who had test driven the car and said he was happy sharing his views over PM.

~ 15KM service interval or Yearly recommended by book.

ScreenShot2015-01-09at24646PM_zpsb4a2b90

1 hour ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Just keep in mind that Porsche used to sell these cars and tell buyers they only needed servicing every 20,000 kms.

BTW, I remember reading on this thread a kind soul who had test driven the car and said he was happy sharing his views over PM.

Thanks mate. Can you remember who? Feel free to PM me @KeyboardWarrior77

@Dave986 here's the post from last month.

Let us know what you learn.

On 7/26/2018 at 5:53 PM, PhilH said:

I have taken it for a test drive. PM me for info. 

And here's where I got the 20,000 km servicing interval.

On 7/26/2018 at 4:29 PM, Simonk said:

Porsche recommend 2 years 20,000km intervals so you can’t blame the guy for neglecting the car. You’ll come across plenty more with the same sort of service history that are still worthy cars.

7 hours ago, Dave986 said:

The service history (I haven’t seen the stamped books) seems sketchy. Last service was over 18months ago at 6x, xxx kms.

6 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

6 hours ago, Windsor289 said:

~ 15KM service interval or Yearly recommended by book.

ScreenShot2015-01-09at24646PM_zpsb4a2b90

4 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

@Dave986 here's the post from last month.

Let us know what you learn.

And here's where I got the 20,000 km servicing interval.

My 2000 996 C2 service book says otherwise ...l'll state it again fellas as I did about this car, 26th July on this thread  "book says service every 2 years or 20k and major every 4 years ….. lots on here get hung up on yearly servicing which is not mandatory". If it's done say 15ks in 18 months well that's usual for a lot of people's toys and the car would still be not due for a service for the next six months at that rate. Looks like a great price now, all things stated in the ad being bonafide

Phil has been in touch and his summary matches what I know plus it’s good to hear from someone who has seen it / driven it - the tyranny of distance.

Edit: I’d be interested to know if anyone here had put the deposit down and why they walked away.

14 minutes ago, Gas said:

What does everyone think the 40th anniversary is worth? I think anything in the 70’s is optimistic let alone 84k...

I think 70s is reasonable. Has X51, reasonable kms and looks good

2 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

On the one hand I think the X51 option was $15k when new. And if you're going to collect a 996, this would be the one.

On the other, $84k buys lots of other toys.

Not sure it is the one to collect. I would have thought early 996.1 C2 was the go - original headlights and not e gas

26 minutes ago, Dave986 said:

If the white one falls through, there is always this. Light on details and interior shots

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202398031098

IMO - Ditch all the aftermarket body kit cr**, headlight covers and rims and it could be decent.