MARTY

996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

1 hour ago, laama said:

Hey, 

Im new to all this and was wondering, a 2000 911 Carrera with over 100k on it, what would be a good price to get it at? What factory options are desirable? Does a GT3 Kit diminish value?

TIA

Manual or tip? Will have a big difference  on price

Good price = 37K.  Kit bling = big minus (to me). Colour more important than options.

50 minutes ago, laama said:

Tip in coupe

Prices seem to have leveled off at the moment as long as the km’s aren’t too far beyond the 100k’s you state if it’s got full service history and hopefully ims has been done I’m going to say mid 40’s,as for factory options the more it’s got the better for you when it comes to sell it on.

22 minutes ago, MARTY said:

Prices seem to have leveled off at the moment as long as the km’s aren’t too far beyond the 100k’s you state if it’s got full service history and hopefully ims has been done I’m going to say mid 40’s,as for factory options the more it’s got the better for you when it comes to sell it on.

Yeh - the KM's are starting to go further through 130k's so I think I might pass it off. Will be to hard to sell when needed at 150+++

4 hours ago, laama said:

Does a GT3 Kit diminish value?

Depends on the buyer, but the OEM ones are worth money. Can add up to another 5k on the car depending on if its the full kit (rear wing, side skirts, front bumper).

47 minutes ago, laama said:

Yeh - the KM's are starting to go further through 130k's so I think I might pass it off. Will be to hard to sell when needed at 150+++

I wouldn’t be too concerned about km’s if you can get it for the right price Now think high $30’s but no mention of service history or ims would concern me 

5 hours ago, laama said:

Hey, 

Im new to all this and was wondering, a 2000 911 Carrera with over 100k on it, what would be a good price to get it at? What factory options are desirable? Does a GT3 Kit diminish value?

TIA

Series 1 oem aerokit adds value in my opinion. The last manual equivalent sold around 47k very quickly but I’d expect a tip will be harder to move so mid to high 30’s would be about right. Colour, sport seats, lsd and sport suspension all potentially add value. 

5 hours ago, laama said:

Hey, 

TIA

Welcome, 

Thats a hard question to answer as there are too many variables: conditon, manual/tip, service history, import or not, colour interior and exterior etc etc.

In my opinion a genuine kit will add value as the parts are removable if they aren't to your taste. 

3 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

Welcome, 

Thats a hard question to answer as there are too many variables: conditon, service history, import or not, colour interior and exterior etc etc.

In my opinion a genuine kit will add value as the parts are removable if they aren't to your taste. 

Thank everyone. 

It is a Factory full body GT3 Kit, i believe one owner and full logs. Not imported. I'm not sure of the specific colour names as of yet, looks to be well maintained paint

If you’re after a tip and it’s had one good owner with full service history then buy it and drive...I think maintenance history is more important than mileage. You’d be hard pressed finding a good single owner car with full history, let alone one with factory aerokit. When the time comes to sell you’ll have a complete history for the car which is worth as much as 50000km on the odometer!

2 hours ago, Gas said:

If you’re after a tip and it’s had one good owner with full service history then buy it and drive...I think maintenance history is more important than mileage. You’d be hard pressed finding a good single owner car with full history, let alone one with factory aerokit. When the time comes to sell you’ll have a complete history for the car which is worth as much as 50000km on the odometer!

Yes, i will see, if i can get it for $40,000 then i might buy it. I am worried about the high km's for resale, as I might need to sell it in 6-12 months

19 hours ago, laama said:

Hey, 

TIA

Just over 100ks is nowhere near high ks for these as average on the market... the car's near on 20yo! Especially with a great history..

5 hours ago, firstone said:

Almost a one night stand. 😆

😝I Guess it depends how low I can get it. Sometimes you gotta quit when you're ahead ... take the profit and buy an aircooled

5 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Don't recommend buying with the intention of hoping for a profit, especially a tipper.

How low would i need to get a tip with an ability of a relatively short term turnaround profit

Just now, laama said:

How low would i need to get a tip with an ability of a relatively short term turnaround profit

under $30k

2 minutes ago, JLD said:

under $30k

😫

3 minutes ago, JLD said:

under $30k

Might hold out for an SC to come on the market that I like... keep long term.... Probably a smarter option

9 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Don't recommend buying with the intention of hoping for a profit, especially a tipper.

+996

I don't think you should buy with the hope of turning a profit - you'll probably end up burning it all in maintenance to bring a 30k car up to scratch 

3 minutes ago, laama said:

😫

Might hold out for an SC to come on the market that I like... keep long term.... Probably a smarter option

This is the better option, as the money you would put into the 996 short term even for general maintenance would cancel any potential profits that you may be lucky to see in a short turnaround.

7 minutes ago, Dalai said:

This is the better option, as the money you would put into the 996 short term even for general maintenance would cancel any potential profits that you may be lucky to see in a short turnaround.

This is why I said below $30k! There are good tip 996s available in the mid 30s, so to make a quick profit it would need to be below $30k and not cost you anything in maintenance