996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

47 minutes ago, laama said:

Yeh - the KM's are starting to go further through 130k's so I think I might pass it off. Will be to hard to sell when needed at 150+++

I wouldn’t be too concerned about km’s if you can get it for the right price Now think high $30’s but no mention of service history or ims would concern me 

5 hours ago, laama said:

Hey, 

Im new to all this and was wondering, a 2000 911 Carrera with over 100k on it, what would be a good price to get it at? What factory options are desirable? Does a GT3 Kit diminish value?

TIA

Series 1 oem aerokit adds value in my opinion. The last manual equivalent sold around 47k very quickly but I’d expect a tip will be harder to move so mid to high 30’s would be about right. Colour, sport seats, lsd and sport suspension all potentially add value. 

5 hours ago, laama said:

Hey, 

Im new to all this and was wondering, a 2000 911 Carrera with over 100k on it, what would be a good price to get it at? What factory options are desirable? Does a GT3 Kit diminish value?

TIA

Welcome, 

Thats a hard question to answer as there are too many variables: conditon, manual/tip, service history, import or not, colour interior and exterior etc etc.

In my opinion a genuine kit will add value as the parts are removable if they aren't to your taste. 

3 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

Welcome, 

Thats a hard question to answer as there are too many variables: conditon, service history, import or not, colour interior and exterior etc etc.

In my opinion a genuine kit will add value as the parts are removable if they aren't to your taste. 

Thank everyone. 

It is a Factory full body GT3 Kit, i believe one owner and full logs. Not imported. I'm not sure of the specific colour names as of yet, looks to be well maintained paint

If you’re after a tip and it’s had one good owner with full service history then buy it and drive...I think maintenance history is more important than mileage. You’d be hard pressed finding a good single owner car with full history, let alone one with factory aerokit. When the time comes to sell you’ll have a complete history for the car which is worth as much as 50000km on the odometer!

2 hours ago, Gas said:

If you’re after a tip and it’s had one good owner with full service history then buy it and drive...I think maintenance history is more important than mileage. You’d be hard pressed finding a good single owner car with full history, let alone one with factory aerokit. When the time comes to sell you’ll have a complete history for the car which is worth as much as 50000km on the odometer!

Yes, i will see, if i can get it for $40,000 then i might buy it. I am worried about the high km's for resale, as I might need to sell it in 6-12 months

19 hours ago, laama said:

Hey, 

TIA

Just over 100ks is nowhere near high ks for these as average on the market... the car's near on 20yo! Especially with a great history..

9 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Don't recommend buying with the intention of hoping for a profit, especially a tipper.

+996

I don't think you should buy with the hope of turning a profit - you'll probably end up burning it all in maintenance to bring a 30k car up to scratch 

3 minutes ago, laama said:

?

Might hold out for an SC to come on the market that I like... keep long term.... Probably a smarter option

This is the better option, as the money you would put into the 996 short term even for general maintenance would cancel any potential profits that you may be lucky to see in a short turnaround.

7 minutes ago, Dalai said:

This is the better option, as the money you would put into the 996 short term even for general maintenance would cancel any potential profits that you may be lucky to see in a short turnaround.

This is why I said below $30k! There are good tip 996s available in the mid 30s, so to make a quick profit it would need to be below $30k and not cost you anything in maintenance

OK, this has been through a number of potential buyers (me included - I offered him $47,500 and he refused when it was $55k) and still no sale.

This, allegedly, had a deposit placed on it 2 months ago but the sale has fallen through. Was this anyone on here? Did you get a PPI? What was the story?  

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2000/SSE-AD-4458409/?_ga=2.111956167.2119798952.1539216369-1508874778.1499154101

4 minutes ago, Dave986 said:

OK, this has been through a number of potential buyers (me included - I offered him $47,500 and he refused when it was $55k) and still no sale.

This, allegedly, had a deposit placed on it 2 months ago but the sale has fallen through. Was this anyone on here? Did you get a PPI? What was the story?  

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2000/SSE-AD-4458409/?_ga=2.111956167.2119798952.1539216369-1508874778.1499154101

I'm always suspicious of a car for sale that has more photos of the stereo system than the car ?

5 hours ago, Dave986 said:

Ask @PhilH  I think he had a look at it

11 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Ask @PhilH  I think he had a look at it

Thanks Lee. I should have tracked him down yesterday at Seaworks. Not knowing what he looks like probably doesn't help ?

EDIT: I had shared a few PMs with Phil in August...I'd totally forgotten about them. Maybe I should just call him and offer a cheeky $40K.

Still I'd like to know if a PPI has been done and what it is saying...without paying for it ?

On 22 October 2018 at 2:05 PM, Dave986 said:

Thanks Lee. I should have tracked him down yesterday at Seaworks. Not knowing what he looks like probably doesn't help ?

EDIT: I had shared a few PMs with Phil in August...I'd totally forgotten about them. Maybe I should just call him and offer a cheeky $40K.

Still I'd like to know if a PPI has been done and what it is saying...without paying for it ?

I had a good look at it and took it for a drive when it was first advertised. Back then he would not negotiate on price and then wanted to take the original wheels out of the deal to drop the price marginally so I lost interest.  Never got to a PPI stage and ended up buying a car in Melbourne.  When I looked at it he had not had it serviced for a couple of years as I recall, but had done under 20,000 km since previous service so he believed it did not need one.  

Yeah, thanks (again) @PhilH. I’m considering offering him $43k without the stereo (well he says it’s worth $7k!!), get him to remove that suss radar rubbish, which would cover putting in IMS and clutch plus a service.

Then again, for similar $$ I could get a Cayman S...

19 minutes ago, D2000 said:

Which will continue to depreciate I would think, whereas the 996 may not (or not as much)

It all depends on how bad do you want to scratch that 911 itch @Dave986

996s are only getting older. You would think it will only become harder to find a good one going forward.

That said, with the deteriorating conditions in the stock & property markets - you might just find some bargains coming onto the market.