996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

16 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Yeah I know mate. As a moderator you'd think I'd proof read my own posts! 🙄

I can assure you I'm now an open book with 996's and tips, but a cab or Boxster will never be on my list. I just don't like convertibles at all, sorry 

And here I was about to offer you a drive in my Boxster (once the water pump is fixed)😀😀😀

I know what you mean though, the Tip is actually really nice to use.

45 minutes ago, 3legs said:

And here I was about to offer you a drive in my Boxster (once the water pump is fixed)😀😀😀

I know what you mean though, the Tip is actually really nice to use.

Have driven a Boxster mate, but thanks anyway. Just really surprised how much I enjoyed the tip/auto thing 

16 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

Jump in a 996 tip urbo.  Tips are unloved and  good bang for buck 

I wouldn't have that sorta coin, yet I reckon the non turbo would be quick enough for me in the hills 😁

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

Looks like you have the sickness mate, i was in serious negotiations with the owner of the second car but i found a local car.

Do it Lee, you know you want to:D

On 08/11/2018 at 19:49, LeeM said:

I had a non in-depth look at this today (sorry, I did t have much time). Looks to be a nice n tidy car worth the consideration for a ppi 

I can probably head back there Saturday morning if anyone wants me to 

This car (silver ‘98 996 with the $25k rebuild at dealer in SA) seemed to sell but has re-appeared.

I remember there was some talk about potentially sagging engine mounts and the wonky badge.

anybody have any intel on the car?

8 hours ago, LeeM said:

Both of those look well priced.  Being a little biased, I do prefer the .2 look, but the .1 is a manual.  Hard choice, but probably the manual would win  out if it checks out OK

20 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

Looks like you have the sickness mate, i was in serious negotiations with the owner of the second car but i found a local car.

Do it Lee, you know you want to:D

How serious did the negotiations get? I'm heading back to Melb soon and still hunting. Been in talks about a car in Qld, then it copped some hail damage which has me a bit shy on pulling the trigger on that on as will always be a repaired damaged car🤔 Any info you can pass on would be great. Cheers 

7 hours ago, PDean said:

How serious did the negotiations get? I'm heading back to Melb soon and still hunting. Been in talks about a car in Qld, then it copped some hail damage which has me a bit shy on pulling the trigger on that on as will always be a repaired damaged car🤔 Any info you can pass on would be great. Cheers 

PM sent.

4 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Ahh so we have a new owner, and member, well done Dave welcome aboard ... yep those 997 turbo rims look so crap

Thanks.

Final ppi happening early this week, and hoping to pick up not too long after.

Will be putting the standard rims back on, or maybe turbo twists. Totally agree, the 997t rims are just all kinds of wrong!

18 minutes ago, daveyoul said:

Thanks.

Final ppi happening early this week, and hoping to pick up not too long after.

Will be putting the standard rims back on, or maybe turbo twists. Totally agree, the 997t rims are just all kinds of wrong!

Fingers crossed all goes well!

5 hours ago, daveyoul said:

(Un)Fortunately, the ppi uncovered a deal breaker, so I’m back on the hunt. 

Will be back once I’ve found the right one!

Sorry to hear.. is it something that affects your view or is it something that no one would want?

6 hours ago, daveyoul said:

(Un)Fortunately, the ppi uncovered a deal breaker, so I’m back on the hunt. 

Will be back once I’ve found the right one!

What was the deal breaker? I’ve got a guy that’s looking for a 996, maybe some negotiation is in order to make the car right 

There was a fairly significant noise / knock from the engine. Ppi guy pulled the pin early and advised to continue looking. 

I believe the seller genuinely wasn't aware and is already speaking to the relevant people to make it right. He has done the right thing by me the whole way. 

Once rectified I may reconsider, but will have that conversation with the vendor at the relevant time. For the time being I will keep my eyes on carsales for something in the similar price bracket. I think there are a few dreamers out there... Or people with far deeper pockets than me... Maybe both! 

Cheers

22 minutes ago, daveyoul said:

There was a fairly significant noise / knock from the engine. Ppi guy pulled the pin early and advised to continue looking. 

I believe the seller genuinely wasn't aware and is already speaking to the relevant people to make it right. He has done the right thing by me the whole way. 

Once rectified I may reconsider, but will have that conversation with the vendor at the relevant time. For the time being I will keep my eyes on carsales for something in the similar price bracket. I think there are a few dreamers out there... Or people with far deeper pockets than me... Maybe both! 

Cheers

Probably bore scoring in cylinder 4 or 5, do you know if the noise was just at idle or also whilst revving?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81hJmkpbQS0 this one sounds bad