996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

38 minutes ago, AndrewM said:

She is 9 so still fits nicely in the back (so no extra expense!), those seats are just like kiddie seats 😄

https://www.porsche.com/international/accessoriesandservice/classic/genuineparts/producthighlights/pccm/

then noise cancelling headphones for her,  once appropriate  exhaust and CAI fitted ... 

personally, do like the look of the Conti unit as fitted by @TwoHeadsTas 

re:PCCM just having a little tug sir. Enjoy the drives..

p.s try keep a distance from @Dreamr and his hairy barrel chested cohort, @edgy a  far more discerning choice for 996 gents 

I’ve owned both the 996.1 and now .2 and I reckon they both possess beautiful mills.

The 3.4 has a revvy peaky nature that’s a joy to get into! Not really much in both, slightly more torque in the 3.6 but I went from C2 to C4S and the extra weight in the latter makes the performance line ball.

Also +1 on the conti head unit, lights up like rest of dash and looks oem. Has the Bluetooth function which is what you need. I like the more analogue layout of the 996 dash that I think a big screen can detract from.

Enjoy 911 ownership, the 996 won’t let you down.

Dave.

On 19/10/2020 at 18:57, Tips said:

This manual cab just hit at the top of the cab market at $89k. Looks nice but reading into it has an engine swap due to ims and although original motor is available it’s for additional money. Not sure I get why you would pay the premium he is asking with or without the old motor. Makes those manual coupes look even better.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-carrera-4s-cabriolet-996-manual-awd-my04/SSE-AD-6593900

Looks like this one sold now. Clean car, non matching.

10 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

A multimedia head-unit with a 600% mark-up.

I have to agree with you but ... all of the aftermarket ones look like an odd fit. The surround mostly looks way to big for the unit itself so looks like it doesn't belong.

At least the PCCM looks professional and like it's from the factory.

Would I buy one .. no. But if I had to choose between them, I would spend the money on the PCCM ...

Just now, Dreamr said:

I have to agree with you but ... all of the aftermarket ones look like an odd fit.

I agree it is hard to get the flush look.

I am getting Sony XAV-AX1000 and plopping that in.  I can't live without Android Auto anymore.

The original in mine was lost somewhere in the UK and there is a dated Kenwood unit in there right now.

I am considering fashioning a surround with glued on vinyl to try and match.  If I am successful I will post pics.

If not... I will hide my shame somehow.

25 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Would I buy one .. no. But if I had to choose between them, I would spend the money on the PCCM ...

This is how I feel about it too. PCCM or nothing, and for the foreseeable future, I’ve settled on nothing... 😂

996.1 C2 Manual Coupe with 150K sold for $60K!  The Gen 1's are clearly beyond the $50K mark now (they were there for the past 3 years in my experience).

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2000/sse-ad-6712852/?utm_campaign=sold-alert&utm_source=notification-centre&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=9f3b0713-80c8-4ea6-9ea6-72b36ca271cd

17 hours ago, blue_ixxi said:

Nice PCCM+ review - 

Yep wizz  banh , tight oem  fit , but ... personally not seeing value above n over .some of the other offers.. preference to put the change toward a decent sound system .. such as cargraphic 

I wish they’re do a cheaper version that just has CarPlay/Android Auto and skips their own navigation, etc, etc... Just a screen and amp and enough hardware for CarPlay. 

Maybe I need to find a factory in China to make 10,000 of what I want and then try sell the other 9,999... 😁

56 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

996.1 C2 Manual Coupe with 150K sold for $60K!  The Gen 1's are clearly beyond the $50K mark now (they were there for the past 3 years in my experience).

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2000/sse-ad-6712852/?utm_campaign=sold-alert&utm_source=notification-centre&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=9f3b0713-80c8-4ea6-9ea6-72b36ca271cd

Impressive, looked a cool ride.

3 minutes ago, JWM said:

.1 to .2 gap is narrowing?

I don't think so.  I have been looking for the past 3 years (C2 coupe manuals only) and from what I can tell, the "good" .2's are being held onto tightly.  About 1.5 years ago there were plenty moving and they were all $60K+ except one that was on the Gold Coast that went for $55K but it did not have the IMS done and was high mileage.  The last 2 .2's that moved were $59,990 and $62,000, both in Victoria with decent miles.  Since then I have only seen the .1's move, and no new .2's pop up for sale.

We need to see more .2's pop up and sell to judge the price movement.  Again, this is just C2 Man Coupe's I am pontificating on here.  .2 C4 are in their own special orbit right now it seems.

2 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

We need to see more .2's pop up and sell to judge the price movement.  Again, this is just C2 Man Coupe's I am pontificating on here.  .2 C4 are in their own special orbit right now it seems.

There was a 2003/4 996.2 C2 for sale in South Australia about 2 months ago for $62,500 (without IMS) with approximately 42,000km which was sold within a day, and appeared a week later in Victoria for $89,000 (with IMS). The price was then dropped to $84,000 and is now no longer listed, assume it was sold, but no idea for how much.

If not for Covid I would have put a deposit on it and flown down to SA from NSW to look at it. It looked like a really nice car, 

53 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

About 1.5 years ago there were plenty moving and they were all $60K+ except one that was on the Gold Coast that went for $55K but it did not have the IMS done and was high mileage.  

Pretty sure you’re referring to the one I bought (for less than the advertised $55k). I had the IMS, RMS, engine mounts, pulleys and tyres all done by PR Tech based on the PPI recommendations. It had 129k at the time, which isn’t exactly what I’d call high mileage, but now on 136k and has been a pleasure to own. I’m sure I’d get my money back or close to it if I put it up today. 

1 hour ago, CapnHyaku said:

Yep, seems the mighty .2 C4S is the flavour of the month at the moment! :D

16 minutes ago, Steve996 said:

It had 129k at the time, which isn’t exactly what I’d call high mileage

Hey not having a go at your purchase. 😄 I just consider anything over 100K decent to 150K being high.  I thought it was over 150K from my vague memory.  My brother did test drive it for me and it appeared good, I just was hesitant on the work required so passed on it.

I'm glad it has gone to someone who appreciates the cars instead of being turned into something like this: