996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

2 hours ago, reso18 said:

What do you all think of values relating to a 996.2 manual C2 Coupe with a rebuilt engine with 3.9L nickasil cylinders? Does this increase value or make it easier to sell?

. Same two cars,  same specs, same condition . one with factory  engine.the other rebuilt as you’ve described, both have all the IMS etc done. I’d speculate the  factory car may have broader appeal,  as it’s untampered internally and maybe achieve a bigger sale # .

The 3.9 may sell just as quick as the stocker. Cause it’s got more mumbo and done by Hartech and will appeal to those like myself, who don’t put much stock  in stock . Some may pay as much or more for the upgrades.

.. is there parallel with AC market for modded powered up cars ?

2 hours ago, reso18 said:

What do you all think of values relating to a 996.2 manual C2 Coupe with a rebuilt engine with 3.9L nickasil cylinders? Does this increase value or make it easier to sell?

I am with the others. I would be happy to buy that if it checked out, but I am not the typical Porsche buyer. You will definitely have a much smaller buying pool as most seem to go for originality. I would suspect you could ask similar money to an original car, but it will probably take a lot longer to sell.

1 hour ago, michel said:

. Same two cars,  same specs, same condition . one with factory  engine.the other rebuilt as you’ve described, both have all the IMS etc done. I’d speculate the  factory car may have broader appeal,  as it’s untampered internally and maybe achieve a bigger sale # .

The 3.9 may sell just as quick as the stocker. Cause it’s got more mumbo and done by Hartech and will appeal to those like myself, who don’t put much stock  in stock . Some may pay as much or more for the upgrades.

.. is there parallel with AC market for modded powered up cars ?

To throw a curve ball in on this. I actually rebuilt the engine myself but had Hartech carry out the block repairs/upgrades.  Even worse the car came with no service history so i went ahead and replaced EVERYTHING using mostly genuine porsche gear. I think it would be geared toward a niche market. 

1 minute ago, MFX said:

I am with the others. I would be happy to buy that if it checked out, but I am not the typical Porsche buyer. You will definitely have a much smaller buying pool as most seem to go for originality. I would suspect you could ask similar money to an original car, but it will probably take a lot longer to sell.

I figured as much, If you decide to rebuild/build yourself a M96 for the roxster shoot me a message as i may be able to help!

2 hours ago, luzzo said:

Hoping it works out well for you Dave. It seems they must have good interest as they have upped the price now to $99,995..! 

Hey??

Honestly have no idea what’s going on there.🤷‍♂️

Will call on Monday and hope to get an update.

On 18/11/2020 at 17:34, disco said:

Hi mate.

Yep, it’s at the shop ready to go.

Cheers,

Dave.

Car looks great mate, this finer weather will bring out the buyers for sure! Keen to hear about the interest level on it.

PCP flashed me the long list of callers when I picked mine up so plenty of interest out there. 

good luck with the sale 👍

1 hour ago, disco said:

So getting seller’s remorse!

I love that car and I’m not selling for another one. Just an investment opportunity with a PE cap raise.

Hope it works out considering I’m sacrificing a dream Porsche. 🤔

It's not too late ... hasn't sold yet! .. 😎

2 hours ago, disco said:

Hey??

Is it that you agreed on a $$$ .. past exp suggests they’ll take a bite from your percentage say 10k fixed and then take anything over and above they sell it for   

On 21/11/2020 at 15:26, disco said:

Hey??

I hope so for you as well Dave, chatting on Friday they did have strong interest and didn’t expect it to last the weekend. Hope u get to share in any price upside.

4 hours ago, Tips said:

I hope so for you as well Dave, chatting on Friday they did have strong interest and didn’t expect it to last the weekend. Hope u get to share in any price upside.

Thanks for the update mate. Will check in tomorrow and see how it panned out.

Cheers,

Dave.

3 hours ago, CapnHyaku said:

I still don't understand why LSD was not standard equipment on a car of this calibre.

For spirited road driving at least I’ve never felt the lack of LSD in my 99 C2. My Alfa 147 GTA on the other hand is like a fully loaded shopping trolley with a bung wheel without an LSD.