996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

12 minutes ago, Nikos said:

👍

Great news!

Just noticed it's been taken down too. No longer shown on their website.

Yes mate.

I really had mixed feelings with this. I was genuinely only selling for an inv op. Not because I didn’t love the car.

I think destiny worked out well in the end.😁

Dave.

1 hour ago, disco said:

Good news on that front. It appears I don’t have to subscribe as much $$$ into my investment op. Bit of a downer there, but means the Porsche maybe saved! 👍

Well ... that is good news! 😀

I want to hear the story of CTS having mega interest, then raising the price .. and not informing you what they were up to ... and now it's not even listed for sale anymore ...

So many questions and so little answers ..

21 minutes ago, disco said:

Wow...is it just my eyes or does this car have absolutely no options? Looks like it says C23 only for Au delivery.

That’s what I was thinking. Is that what makes it “extremely rare”? 😁

3 hours ago, disco said:

Wow...is it just my eyes or does this car have absolutely no options? Looks like it says C23 only for Au delivery.

Dave.

Has a sunroof . 

Might just be me , but don’t think I could happily drive a stock stock 996 . A malady perhaps and also a carry over from modded JDM stuff then Aircooled . 

70k in my uneducated water cooled opinion too much for no frills and no thrills modifications 

5 hours ago, disco said:

Dave.

5 hours ago, JWM said:

That’s what I was thinking. Is that what makes it “extremely rare”? 😁

I've got an extremely rare car as well then. I'll bet it drives the same as a "big bag of fruit".

21 minutes ago, DT said:

And I love cars like this:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1999-porsche-911-carrera-996-auto/SSE-AD-6924651/?Cr=0

That puts paid to the notion that the early cars are the 'problem' 996's. 322,831kms on the original engine. Polish up the headlights and it would virtually look like new.

That looks like it has the original Litronic HID lamps.  Not too common!  Sadly I am not fond of tippers.

Yay... collected the C4S from CTS today! Been just over two weeks but I missed seeing this car in the garage.

So happy to get it back and not have to proceed with the sale!!

A0A7BA47-D2A7-4C5A-ABB2-10F906F81794.jpeg

13 hours ago, DT said:

I must be a weirdo but I’d take a nice, no frills, early fried egg, 17” twist, cable throttled, dual row IMS, C2 over a C4S every time.

I’ll get my coat.

Nothing weird about it mate. Different horses for courses. Nothing wrong with a 3.4 C2. I had one myself before my C4S and it was a cracker 911.

Dave.

10 hours ago, amanda said:

That pilots Ocean Jade 996 is stunning! Wish I could have jumped on it at the time :(

It was a delightful colour Amanda.

Though suspect after talking a few times with the seller and despite his confession , I am/was a pilot - QANTAS or ultralight? -   it needed or would have needed a lot of while I’m at it and a solid lump of make good money,  as it appeared to have had only the very basics done on it during his or last owners tenure.

aside from the colour black, glad bought a car that had all the necessaries done  and much more.

Fantastic colour though 

what has become of it ? Bought by a dealer , but sold again ? 

1 hour ago, michel said:

Though suspect after talking a few times with the seller and despite his confession , I am/was a pilot - QANTAS or ultralight? -   it needed or would have needed a lot of while I’m at it and a solid lump of make good money,  as it appeared to have had only the very basics done on it during his or last owners tenure.

aside from the colour black, glad bought a car that had all the necessaries done  and much more.

Fantastic colour though 

It's still with the dealer, he likes to drive his car for a year or two before selling them. I wish I had gone for it too, but ended up with a C2S and a Boxster S, so no regrets!

14 hours ago, michel said:

Fantastic colour though 

I looked at and drove Taffy's  car jellybean last year when he had it for sale. So have seen Ocean Jade in the metal and i LOVED it. I wanted to buy his car but I just couldnt get the green light at home at the time.

Its one of those colors that was frowned upon maybe 10 years ago but in recent years has made a comeback in new cars. Toyotas etc have their version of jade again so I think thats helped people love this color again.   There was a 986 auto that sold in a flash that was ocean jade maybe 3 weeks ago.

------------

I've been watching 996s on CS and had a saved search for probably 18 months.  I have 2 cars in my search that look ok on the site but have been on it a LONG TIME... and subsequently have gone from 42k to 50k

Has anyone contacted the seller or have any info on these cars?  Figured I would ask here before actually enquiring with the sellers...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1998-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-996-manual/SSE-AD-5864212/?Cr=11

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1999-porsche-911-carrera-4-cabriolet-996-manual-awd/SSE-AD-5947147/?Cr=8

And I have a major crush on this...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1998-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-996-auto/OAG-AD-19322186/?Cr=9

996cab.JPG

I've driven the 2nd one Amanda, I think it was listed around $42k at the time.  Little money spent on it of late, tired on the inside and out and suspect you could quickly spend muchas cash to get things sorted.  I ended up with a 996.2 which obviously has a slightly bigger engine but that cab felt like it was well down on power in comparison.  

40 minutes ago, JLD said:

Not quite, more like $35k

I’d agree. Anywhere from 35 - 40k odd. And they sat around. Unless a solid color combo. There was a arctic silver on boxster red auto that’s sold twice in last 18 months. First time 48k second time 42k 

2 hours ago, Stepo said:

I've driven the 2nd one Amanda, I think it was listed around $42k at the time.  Little money spent on it of late, tired on the inside and out and suspect you could quickly spend muchas cash to get things sorted.  I ended up with a 996.2 which obviously has a slightly bigger engine but that cab felt like it was well down on power in comparison.  

Thanks Stepo. Figured something must be not right given how long it’s been around. 

3 hours ago, Shedpest said:

There was a few real buckets of shit getting around at that price you're right... but for comparison sake there was a lovely dark metallic green manual cab at AH for sale at a similar time in the mid 40's. I really dug that car.

4 hours ago, edgy said:

There was a few real buckets of shit getting around at that price you're right... but for comparison sake there was a lovely dark metallic green manual cab at AH for sale at a similar time in the mid 40's. I really dug that car.

I looked at that car, it looked good from the outside but the interior was shot. Everything was flaky or scratched and the seats weren’t in the best shape

5 hours ago, amanda said:

I’d agree. Anywhere from 35 - 40k odd. And they sat around. Unless a solid color combo. There was a arctic silver on boxster red auto that’s sold twice in last 18 months. First time 48k second time 42k 

Thanks Stepo. Figured something must be not right given how long it’s been around. 

There’s a black 996.2 tip cab in Queensland that has been for sale for more than 2 years. It’s listed as a 996.1 and was $39k until a few months ago when it jumped to $49k Odd sales technique!