996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

48 minutes ago, st3ve said:

Whole dash or just the cluster surround?  I recently bought a cluster surround on ebay uk for 80 quid.

The main dash piece.  The instrument cluster and airbag cover are good. Just the top of the dash has some sun damage.  I do have a second one I bought, in excellent condition, however the leather grain is very different to the fest of the car so need to source one with very smooth leather with not much "grain".

48 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Definitely please let me know first. Currently owning one of your old cars I know how well looked after and well sorted it will be!

This one is getting pretty close to where I want it to be! Have taken the taco tail off and put a plain engine cover on however have tucked the taco away for a rainy day!  Just the dash to sort out now!

8 hours ago, michel said:

I’m still debating how bankable used 996 parts can be ... 

I spoke to a tuner and he told me to buy every single 996 gt3 oil pump you can get your hands on a couple of years ago.  He said cheap to store them  and just sit on them. He reckons in the us  Track rat tracks  will pay through the nose for them he has been hoarding them and reckon printed 3d  not up to scratch..

7 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

I spoke to a tuner and he told me to buy every single 996 gt3 oil pump you can get your hands on a couple of years ago.  He said cheap to store them  and just sit on them. He reckons in the us  Track rat tracks  will pay through the nose for them he has been hoarding them and reckon printed 3d  not up to scratch..

How many you got now ? 

6 minutes ago, disco said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-auto-awd-my04/SSE-AD-6926771

Lapis Blue C4S up for sale. 2 owner car. Interesting combo.

Looks quite dark in the pics. 

cheers,

Dave.

Yeah, not good colours in the photos - hard to work out if the interior colour is red (ala Boxster Hero colour) or Terracotta

Edit***  doh, should read the words, not just look at the piccies - yes it is red 🙂 

13 minutes ago, disco said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-auto-awd-my04/SSE-AD-6926771

Lapis Blue C4S up for sale. 2 owner car. Interesting combo.

Looks quite dark in the pics. 

cheers,

Dave.

Was looking at this last night, and agree it looks dark. Maybe too dark. I can see that most of the photos are at dusk and in shade, but I don't see Lapis. I see a darker blue -  maybe Midnight Blue.  Strange, as you would expect the owner to know the actual colour of his car, but then again - he referred to it as "Lapris blue metallic".

17 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Was looking at this last night, and agree it looks dark. Maybe too dark. I can see that most of the photos are at dusk and in shade, but I don't see Lapis. I see a darker blue -  maybe Midnight Blue.  Strange, as you would expect the owner to know the actual colour of his car, but then again - he referred to it as "Lapris blue metallic".

Not discounting your theory on colour but even the interior colour looks wrong ..  taken at sunset so not helping, but filter on the camera perhaps, distorting true colours??

2 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Not discounting your theory on colour but even the interior colour looks wrong ..  taken at sunset so not helping, but filter on the camera perhaps, distorting true colours??

Bloody Snapchat generation 

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Yeah, not good colours in the photos - hard to work out if the interior colour is red (ala Boxster Hero colour) or Terracotta

Edit***  doh, should read the words, not just look at the piccies - yes it is red 🙂 

was there ever a true red in a 996 ?

Dark like black but erm more interesting if I dare say? Viola  Manual Cab..with HT so almost a coupe right?

Vesuvius purple above looks more purple, whereas this one almost has a bit of a brown to it.  Interesting...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1999-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-996-manual/SSE-AD-6877907/?Cr=0

Viola 996.JPG

16 hours ago, amanda said:

Dark like black but erm more interesting if I dare say? Viola  Manual Cab..with HT so almost a coupe right?

Vesuvius purple above looks more purple, whereas this one almost has a bit of a brown to it.  Interesting...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1999-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-996-manual/SSE-AD-6877907/?Cr=0

Viola 996.JPG

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1998-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-996-manual/SSE-AD-5864212 ?

18 minutes ago, JLD said:

That one has been on the market a very long time. A PFAer has already looked at it and said it’s a bit rough. Doesn’t sound like it’s had much of its maintenance kept up either. 

Shame as it’s on paper what I want!

1 hour ago, amanda said:

That one has been on the market a very long time. A PFAer has already looked at it and said it’s a bit rough. Doesn’t sound like it’s had much of its maintenance kept up either. 

If some one has looked at it can they please pm me as new price provides lots of scope for tidying up small stuff and some maintenance like ims

2 hours ago, amanda said:

I had mentioned the Vic one was a bit rough but not the NSW car in this last link, maybe someone else gave you feedback on that Amanda?

@Tips, I reckon that cab looks pretty good at that price and not bad k’s.

28 minutes ago, Stepo said:

I had mentioned the Vic one was a bit rough but not the NSW car in this last link, maybe someone else gave you feedback on that Amanda?

@Tips, I reckon that cab looks pretty good at that price and not bad k’s.

Thanks Stepo. Agree if it shapes up and available tomorrow I’ll take a look. Been looking for a fun daily car at the right price so I can also hold onto the SC.

would be keen though to hear if anyone has looked at it though as it has been around a while. Stacks up on the car facts report so as symsy would say take a wad of cash and kick some tires 😂