996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

2 hours ago, Paul 996 said:

Are they really worth that much ? 

Depends if one wants one badly enough I s'pose. Supply v demand is the usual scenario to push prices up, though a lot of prices are just the sellers being optimistic in hoping they'll snag someone who must have it, or some are just fishing at top money and end up at a point where they can't sell it at the asking and drop $10k. The latter is the the likely outcome.

Just look at GT3's at the moment. Someone tries putting a crazy price on theirs because they don't really want to sell, yet people are paying the money. Air cooled are the same. One car sells for $X and everyone else thinks "Hmmm...maybe I can get an extra 20-30-50k" and so on...

1 hour ago, amanda said:

I'm not keen on the integration with the savannah.  If this was an all black interior in a coupe for eg, it would look hot as!

I am with you. If the dash etc was black I would be all in. On the other hand if they had done the seat bolsters in savannah to match I think I would be more onboard.

6 hours ago, JWM said:

I’m willing to take one for the PFA team and list mine for $85k and let you all know how it goes. 😁

Sorry I’m out

picked up the $11k price drop manual cab in Sydney last weekend. Cracker of a car now pulling daily duties. Goes in for a price check on Monday to see what it needs to be sorted as no time for a ppi, besides needing ims as a preventative it’s pretty well sorted, I hope....

4 minutes ago, Tips said:

Sorry I’m out

picked up the $11k price drop manual cab in Sydney last weekend. Cracker of a car now pulling daily duties. Goes in for a price check on Monday to see what it needs to be sorted as no time for a ppi, besides needing ims as a preventative it’s pretty well sorted, I hope....

Nice one! Fingers crossed there’s no surprises for you. 

We must almost have enough 996s in Sydney to run our own Fried Eggs event soon! 😁

10 hours ago, Tips said:

Sorry I’m out

Figners crossed for you too!!!   

I am toying with the idea of upgrading my 996.2 C2 to a 996.2 C4S or Turbo.

There is a C4S in NSW with the red interior (boxster red not terracota).  While i know interior colours are a personal thing, does anyone here have any comments/thoughts on the red interior option in the 996? I initially scrolled past the NSW C4S because of the interior colour, but after seeing the colour discussed on the rennline forum, many say that it looks really good in person.  Unfortunately, there arent any local (Vic) cars to look at on carsales at the moment.

So i ask for some perspective from others.  My first thought is that it looks very red to me.  While i love red interiors, i tend to prefer when they use the red as a highlight rather than the base (i.e. my merc daily has red seats but the dash, carpet and trim pieces are black).  

26 minutes ago, KieranD said:

There is a C4S in NSW with the red interior (boxster red not terracota).  While i know interior colours are a personal thing, does anyone here have any comments/thoughts on the red interior option in the 996? I initially scrolled past the NSW C4S because of the interior colour, but after seeing the colour discussed on the rennline forum, many say that it looks really good in person.  Unfortunately, there arent any local (Vic) cars to look at on carsales at the moment.

So i ask for some perspective from others.  My first thought is that it looks very red to me.  While i love red interiors, i tend to prefer when they use the red as a highlight rather than the base (i.e. my merc daily has red seats but the dash, carpet and trim pieces are black).  

is your 996 manual or tip?

30 minutes ago, KieranD said:

I have a mate with a '97 Boxster in the Hero colour combo - Arctic Silver / Red interior, which I reckon looks really good - it is a dark red rather than a bright red.  Probably wouldn;t look so good with a bright red.

However, we had a 987 Boxster in Seal Grey with full Terra Cotta interior, which I personally think looked sensational (although many would disagree).  To my eye the brighter Terracotta looked better with a darker exterior, whereas the red looked better with the lighter exterior I think.  Just checked out the advert, That Lapis Blue with the red still looks pretty good though, and I reckon the dark exterior probably lifts the interior colour and perhaps make it look a little brighter too.

Go for it!!!!!

Looks like I'll be chasing/following a 4S at our next outing :) Good luck on the hunt @KieranD

My 2c

I agree with your 2 tone preference (black dash, differernt colour elsewhere) however, I am of the opinion that it is like anything - you get use to it and fall in love with it.

In the past I adored my one colour non black interior vehicles.

You''ll have the added bonus of those hips :wub:

@P-Kay

I do agree.  I had an Audi years ago with a blue interior that wasn't 'popular'.  Didnt bother me.  I loved it.

Also, I am fine with my spot at the back of the SMT train.  I like to get out for a drive but am not looking to set any land speed records.  So i suspect any perving on my hips will only occur at the breakfast stop :)

@TwoHeadsTas

Thanks for your take on the situation.  Might send my letter off to Santa and see how i go :) 

6 hours ago, KieranD said:

I’m tootling round in a 97 Boxster silver/red, with a little splash of blk in the interior.

seats door cards dash are red. carpets more a salmon 🤔😟😅

really enjoy the mis en scene

though personally would like it a deeper red , like the Boxster concept.

On 15/12/2020 at 11:04, KieranD said:

No.

On 15/12/2020 at 11:04, KieranD said:

I dont mind that color in the right combo. Either silver, white or black looks cool to me.