996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

4 minutes ago, Comяad1991 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-996-auto/SSE-AD-4630521/?Cr=1

Ah yes... nothing like a $50K 996 Cabriolet, I swear I saw 996 cabbies going for $32K minimum on CS just 7 months ago and this is supposed to the cheapest cab for sale right now.

Gotta be quick in the dips hey!  It's an asking price - offer $33k and see how you go... What's the worst that could happen? Seller says "no". What if he says "yes"?

It's had the IMS Solution fitted, so you could say a non-IMS'd 996 tip cab is $45k (asking price). 

17 hours ago, Comяad1991 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-996-auto/SSE-AD-4630521/?Cr=1

Ah yes... nothing like a $50K 996 Cabriolet, I swear I saw 996 cabbies going for $32K minimum on CS just 7 months ago and this is supposed to the cheapest cab for sale right now.

That one has been for sale for a couple of years. It was priced at $39,995 until a couple of months ago it inexplicably went up $10k!

On 31/12/2020 at 09:46, Fishcop said:

Fishcop Its a scenario where the PO has become unfortunately disillusioned and frustrated with the market, the vehicle was 1st listed in June 2020 at $103,5k then reduced and then reduced again .. it appears few buyers were willing to meet the PO’s price expectation and although offers have been made a gap remains in achieving the right price for the PO.

PO values the vehicle as the best on the market currently available and therefore reasonably priced, however market doesn’t seem to agree, hence a no transaction of sale.

As such the PO has sought dealer advice in the last week with dealer said to have displayed astonishment it hasn’t sold over the last 7 months and suggesting to seller it maybe priced too low for genuine enthusiast pcar buyers, so PO has opted to follow the advice, pricing it at current level now hence the $10k increase.. it was mentioned that if the latest exercise doesn’t work it’s likely to be withdrawn from CS and likely to be readvertised later at some point. The vehicle isn’t being driven but just sitting idle in storage.

In this case the game theory in price increase is driven by a Dealers advice, and as we all know Dealers appreciate strategic competition 😁

1 hour ago, VGTS20 said:

In this case the game theory in price increase is driven by a Dealers advice, and as we all know Dealers appreciate strategic competition 😁

yep, they want competition priced as highly as possible. 

it's a pity carsales doesn't list what prices cars actually move at. 

6 hours ago, VGTS20 said:

Fishcop Its a scenario where the PO has become unfortunately disillusioned and frustrated with the market, the vehicle was 1st listed in June 2020 at $103,5k then reduced and then reduced again .. it appears few buyers were willing to meet the PO’s price expectation and although offers have been made a gap remains in achieving the right price for the PO.

PO values the vehicle as the best on the market currently available and therefore reasonably priced, however market doesn’t seem to agree, hence a no transaction of sale.

As such the PO has sought dealer advice in the last week with dealer said to have displayed astonishment it hasn’t sold over the last 7 months and suggesting to seller it maybe priced too low for genuine enthusiast pcar buyers, so PO has opted to follow the advice, pricing it at current level now hence the $10k increase.. it was mentioned that if the latest exercise doesn’t work it’s likely to be withdrawn from CS and likely to be readvertised later at some point. The vehicle isn’t being driven but just sitting idle in storage.

It's a shame he feels that way. I remember it for sale when I bought my C4S 5 months ago. It was priced in the low $90's .. that was so far above what others were listed and selling at that I didn't even bother to call and discuss it. I figured that we were just so far apart that I couldn't be bothered trying to bridge the gap.

There has probably been 7 or 8 sold around his at the right price. If a seller can't see that, then there is no hope and I obviously made the right decision not to call. Shame as I would have been genuinely interested and was a enthusiast buyer ...

12 minutes ago, Jason E said:

Fantastic effort in writing the advert - not......

27 minutes ago, Jason E said:

A $62k 997.............at least it shows an engine, I expect there will be many surprises so dig deep if you do call.

1 hour ago, Jason E said:

Me likey! ... 😍

Just be aware that the IMS in the 997.1 (this car) can still go .. although nowhere near as common as the 996. The issue is that the case has to be split in order to change it. With the 996, only the gearbox needs to be dropped.

Don’t really want to get into the whole IMS thing, and I don't think it’s a reason not to buy one, but its good to go in eyes wide open and make an informed decision.

What is this $70k 996 ye speak of?? ...

35 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Now cashed up and genuinely looking for a 996 C4S coupe - anyone wanting to avoid the riff-raff shoot me a message :D

Selling to this beardy irreverent is a 6 degrees from the singer  wevo legend so you’ll be able to spin a good porsche yarn to your young-ins young-ins   ... once I had a farm in Africa ... 

43 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Now cashed up and genuinely looking for a 996 C4S coupe - anyone wanting to avoid the riff-raff shoot me a message :D

hey @Fishcop - is this one of interest..? 

I realise it has been well discussed, just curious if it is a consideration?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-manual-awd-my04/SSE-AD-6388998/?Cr=0

12 minutes ago, michel said:

Selling to this beardy irreverent is a 6 degrees from the singer  wevo legend so you’ll be able to spin a good porsche yarn to your young-ins young-ins   ... once I had a farm in Africa ... 

Damn I need your drugs :D

4 minutes ago, luzzo said:

hey @Fishcop - is this one of interest..? 

I realise it has been well discussed, just curious if it is a consideration?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-manual-awd-my04/SSE-AD-6388998/?Cr=0

Very much so, but not so much at that price...  I know they've had a little run in value, but I'm not putting his kids through private school.

4 hours ago, Jason E said:

This one lives a couple of doors down from where I used to live.  Street parked, the guy has a 991 as well.  Seemed to treat it ok.