996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

5 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

A wild 996.2 C2 Targa appears.  I think they are maybe asking for a bit much?  From the description I am guessing the IMS gibbed the engine and it had a rebuild?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2003/sse-ad-6966185

IMS replaced twice in 4 years???

4 hours ago, CapnHyaku said:

There is another valiant attempt being made towards the $100K barrier for 996.2 C4S.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2003/sse-ad-7010028

This car was only recently sold (Nov '20).   Did not have any of the recent works completed (IMS, RMS etc) when last sold. 

Interesting to see it bought for a flip.

18 minutes ago, luzzo said:

This car was only recently sold (Nov '20).   Did not have any of the recent works completed (IMS, RMS etc) when last sold. 

Interesting to see it bought for a flip.

I was waiting to see if anyone recognised this car. I remember it well as I was on the Gold Coast when it came up for sale and it was only 30 mins from there. Sold cheap  in November. Hasn’t really done any k’s since it sold, so my guess is it was bought to flip.

Might have not known about the work needed if $11k spent since purchase. Might be selling because of the money spent ...

6 hours ago, Dreamr said:

I was waiting to see if anyone recognised this car. I remember it well as I was on the Gold Coast when it came up for sale and it was only 30 mins from there. Sold cheap  in November. Hasn’t really done any k’s since it sold, so my guess is it was bought to flip.

Might have not known about the work needed if $11k spent since purchase. Might be selling because of the money spent ...

Is it despite the price a good example? and given doing all the key work which Carsales copy aficionados like to read , has been done and opted for the infinitely more pricey, infinite oil feed solution , could suggest a heartfelt and sorrowful sale ..?

putting a related thread comment here about rising values , 2016 had around 1000 p cars for sale at the peak of madness, last time I checked less than 1000 are listed 

20 minutes ago, LeeM said:

A hundred grand is a lot of wedge for a 996 when you can buy (arguably) a better car for less.

This Particular example being discussed, is it compromised in anyway?

What was it sold for November 2020?

@michel ... I guess at first it might have been for a flip (nothing wrong with that .. I thought about it) but with $11k being spent since purchase, I'm now thinking in further than wanted $$$ wise.

Hoping that's not the case as buying and owning one is exciting for a lot of people and having to sell cause so far in is sad.

As for the IMS .. no idea if it was done before purchase or after as the original seller was short and brief in their description.

The price has been dropped since first listing, but (for this moment in time) still priced too high. If it checks out condition wise and service wise, then it'll fall in the $85k - $90k range .. of course as we all know, a car is worth what someone is willing to pay, and being really sought after, and none for sale, it could easily go higher ...

1 minute ago, Dreamr said:

@michel ... I guess at first it might have been for a flip (nothing wrong with that .. I thought about it) but with $11k being spent since purchase, I'm now thinking in further than wanted $$$ wise.

Hoping that's not the case as buying and owning one is exciting for a lot of people and having to sell cause so far in is sad.

As for the IMS .. no idea if it was done before purchase or after as the original seller was short and brief in their description.

The price has been dropped since first listing, but (for this moment in time) still priced too high. If it checks out condition wise and service wise, then it'll fall in the $85k - $90k range .. of course as we all know, a car is worth what someone is willing to pay, and being really sought after, and none for sale, it could easily go higher ...

yes yes and yes

you recall the sale price from November last year?

the chappy at the end of his advert says negotiable.

Praps this car could be bought for What C4s market feels happy about