996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

4 hours ago, Dreamr said:

As for the IMS .. no idea if it was done before purchase or after as the original seller was short and brief in their description.

Not really. The ad description seller stated that it did require a major service (well overdue based on time iirc) and that it did Not have the IMS replaced. 

I understand any buyer would have been purchasing understanding it needed some dollars spent. 

I agree it comes across as if the new owner has in fact spent "the right" money on the servicing. 

4 hours ago, CapnHyaku said:

Was this the one?

Yes, that's it

Edited by luzzo
clarity

7 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Not really. The ad description stated that it did require a major service (well overdue based on time iirc) and that it did Not have the IMS replaced. 

I understand any buyer would have been purchasing understanding it needed some dollars spent. 

I agree it comes across as if the new owner has in fact spent "the right" money on the servicing. 

You must be thinking about a different car, cause none of that was in the original.ad ...

Agree that the right money has now been spent .. he won't lose any in fact will probably still do ok out of it .. 

Jist seems sad if they went in too deep and have to sell cause of that .. it's happened before and will most certainly happen again ...

29 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

You must be thinking about a different car, cause none of that was in the original.ad ...-

Ok, figured it out. I had to dig deep in the memory banks...  It is the same car I am thinking, but apologies @Dreamr you're right, it wasn't mentioned in the Ad, It was sent to me by the seller via sms.  He sent copies of service history, showing no service since 10/17 and no major since 6/13, and comment that no IMS yet done. 

5 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

Certainly has his snout in the trough if he bought for low 70's  spend 11 on it, then wants 100.

Either way agree with @Shedpest that even if spending $11k, it's a big ask. 

25 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Ok, figured it out. I had to dig deep in the memory banks...  It is the same car I am thinking, but apologies @Dreamr you're right, it wasn't mentioned in the Ad, It was sent to me by the seller via sms.  He sent copies of service history, showing no service since 10/17 and no major since 6/13, and comment that no IMS yet done. 

Either way agree with @Shedpest that even if spending $11k, it's a big ask. 

No need for apologies .. we’re all friends here :Beer:

I will say though that that (yep, said it out loud first) kind of service history will affect it’s value. A buyer spending that much coin will want better than what it has .. I had no idea what it was like as all I saw was the original ad.

As a debutante to 996 C4S ownership I obviously have a completely biased perspective ;)   But  Dreamr is very close on the money when discussing the current values.  Are 996 C4S cars worth $100k?  I dunno - bought mine to enjoy, but that was why I bought my 911t back in the day.  Does anyone know what the production numbers were relevant to AU delivery and manual gearboxes?  It is the AU/Coupe/Manual triumvirate the buyers are chasing...

4 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Are 996 C4S cars worth $100k?

They are getting there.  I don't see any indication they will not appreciate in value steadily.

5 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

AU/Coupe/Manual

Absolutely what is moving.  Cab's and tips abound.  But only a handful of manual coupes going at one time.

56 minutes ago, firstone said:

Probably 🙄

the brain happens to be the most complex, challenging scientific puzzle we ever get to try to decode, when you get answers and the puzzle pieces don't quite fit , then you should exercise caveat emptor. 

1A3BE430-F3C7-4ECE-905D-673925003A5C.jpeg

11 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Does anyone know what the production numbers were relevant to AU delivery and manual gearboxes?  It is the AU/Coupe/Manual triumvirate the buyers are chasing...

Fishcop Unfortunately I don’t have AU numbers available but if it’s of interest Worldwide production numbers for 996 C4S were 23,055 of which Coupe represented 17,298 in total.

Total 996 numbers were 175,164 

A 10.12% of total numbers, you would usually refer to that as niche volume especially what was likely to have been sold in AU 👍

9 hours ago, VGTS20 said:

A 10.12% of total numbers, you would usually refer to that as niche volume especially what was likely to have been sold in AU 

I worked out that the C4S was $225k + on-roads + any options.

I figure that my car would have been the best part of $250k ... in 2003!

Reckon there wouldn't have been too many sold here in comparison ...

1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

I worked out that the C4S was $225k + on-roads + any options.

I figure that my car would have been the best part of $250k ... in 2003!

Reckon there wouldn't have been too many sold here in comparison ...

I have the original invoice for mine, I’ll have a look when I get home to see what drive away was but for memory the guy at PCP said around 280k 

13 minutes ago, Naldz88 said:

What’s Zantrag option? 

Interested if anyone knows... 

Approx 6 months ago there was a 996 Turbo for sale at a dealer in NSW with very low kms (33,000kms). IIRC a PFA member noted he had seen the same car privately for sale in SA. 

It had the same option noted - 'Zantrag' . No one could work out what it was. Rang the selling P dealer, as well as 2 others. No one could identify it. 

Best I got was that it could represent something ordered without a code?!? 

I did a bit of Google, and found lots of references to Z-Antrag on German sites...

Zantrag in German means "Request" but I also found a lot of references to "Individualausstattung laut Z-Antrag" which Google Translate says is "Individual equipment according to Z application"...

Sounds like it predates Porsche Exclusive, so it could be any number of things that ended up on the actual car... 

5 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

I find it fascinating that it looks like it was a screen print from some custom Porsche CRM system.  Is it dot-matrix printed?

Yep, its an old IT system often used in the car industry. By memory called AS400.  The 996 era car info (at least) used that, and various cars i have looked at all had Option info based on that system. 

22 minutes ago, JWM said:

Zantrag in German means "Request" but I also found a lot of references to "Individualausstattung laut Z-Antrag"

That is basically the reference one dealer made to me (per my comment above), which unfortunately was unable to now be decoded.

36 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

I find it fascinating that it looks like it was a screen print from some custom Porsche CRM system.  Is it dot-matrix printed?

You would find it even more fascinating that the same system most likely used today. Go into any dealer and I bet you its the same green screen terminal that the above image came from is still in use. I can tell you with certainty that the Porsche and Audi backend systems are very similar if not the same platform and they are all still character based and keystroke driven. Im sure its no longer running on AS//400 but nothing would surprise me.

30 minutes ago, luzzo said:

By memory called AS400

AS/400 was the range of computer hardware released by IBM that ran OS/400 onto this you could load any application you wanted to. Just showing my age now.......