996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

47 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

You're correct 100%.  It was listed as a Automatic until just recently, can confirm via email alerts from Carsales.

51 minutes ago, kov said:

99% sure this is an auto not a manual ,  remember this car when I was having a perv at the auto and manual turbos a few weeks ago 

he obviously hasn’t updated the comments since he has received the 82.5 trade in price...

47 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

You're correct 100%.  It was listed as a Automatic until just recently, can confirm via email alerts from Carsales.

Yep...the advert has just been changed to Auto, still seems well priced though.

If I could get $82.5k by handing over the keys and walking away with no hassles, I’m not sure I’d go to the effort of trying to sell privately on Carsales for $85k to be honest... I might just be lazy though! 😂 

2 hours ago, Prodigy said:

This is a great price for a manual turbo..85k

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2002-porsche-911-turbo-996-manual-awd-my03/SSE-AD-2128856

A bit confused with his comments regarding exactly how much he wants for it though. 

"THE CAR IS BEING TRADED NEXT WEEK, THEY HAVE OFFERED ME $82500. ANY OFFER OVER THIS WILL BE lCONSIDERED. CAR WILL BE SOLD AS IS, YOU WILL NEED TO OBTAIN YOUR OWN ROADWORTHY. NEED BACK TYRES FIRST TO SEE WILL BUY. REGO DEC 2021 NOTHING TO SPEND AND HAS BEEN VERY RELIABLE THIS CAR IS ALWAYS GARAGED . AS THE CAR IS NOT DRIVEN I NEED IT GONE ASAP ALL OFFERS m 90 K CONSIDERED MUST SELL THIS WEEK Offers under 90 will not be considered"

- it's def a Tiptronic,  not a manual.

- substantial diff in price Tip vs Manual. Even though it is still good buying, the manual premium would have to be close to 30/40%.

- the wording is confusing, agreed. However it's just because he has had it for sale for some time, and previously stated the under $90 comment, but clearly just added the recent updated price comments (without removing the old). 

Wording makes no difference anyway, as if someone is serious about buying at that price, they should just be on the phone..! 

😉

3 minutes ago, JWM said:

If I could get $82.5k by handing over the keys and walking away with no hassles, I’m not sure I’d go to the effort of trying to sell privately on Carsales for $85k to be honest... I might just be lazy though! 😂 

Thoughts if think trade in value on a 996 turbo auto is really 82.5 🤔 

17 minutes ago, luzzo said:

- it's def a Tiptronic,  not a manual.

- substantial diff in price Tip vs Manual. Even though it is still good buying, the manual premium would have to be close to 30/40%.

- the wording is confusing, agreed. However it's just because he has had it for sale for some time, and previously stated the under $90 comment, but clearly just added the recent updated price comments (without removing the old). 

Wording makes no difference anyway, as if someone is serious about buying at that price, they should just be on the phone..! 

😉

Do you think he’s getting 82.5 trade in?  

as JWM said who would bother for 2.5 with all the tyre kickers and low ballers you’d have to contended with !

4 hours ago, JWM said:

walking away with no hassles

In my experience the auto-trader's sometimes ask for written conditions/warranties when offering what they consider a top-dollar offer.  They basically want you to warrant that the car has no known obvious major problems that you could reasonably be aware of.  IANAL, so no idea how or if these things ever get litigated.

IMHO $82K for a 996.2 tip' turbo wholesale trade is fairly good offer I think.

6 hours ago, Prodigy said:

This is a great price for a manual turbo..85k

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2002-porsche-911-turbo-996-manual-awd-my03/SSE-AD-2128856

A bit confused with his comments regarding exactly how much he wants for it though. 

"THE CAR IS BEING TRADED NEXT WEEK, THEY HAVE OFFERED ME $82500. ANY OFFER OVER THIS WILL BE lCONSIDERED. CAR WILL BE SOLD AS IS, YOU WILL NEED TO OBTAIN YOUR OWN ROADWORTHY. NEED BACK TYRES FIRST TO SEE WILL BUY. REGO DEC 2021 NOTHING TO SPEND AND HAS BEEN VERY RELIABLE THIS CAR IS ALWAYS GARAGED . AS THE CAR IS NOT DRIVEN I NEED IT GONE ASAP ALL OFFERS m 90 K CONSIDERED MUST SELL THIS WEEK Offers under 90 will not be considered"

I'm with you.  Mick the owners  obviously  not across the detail. I thought any offer over 82.5k considered.   But then theirs a start to finish lag later in the ad   Eg get your hopes up for an on  schedule sub 90k buy,  then further down in the ad stipulates  only considering offers over 90k.  Whats nothing to spend worth to you.  ( hmm needs new  back tyres but),   no road worthy and a decent service  worth to you when you consider landed cost in your garage. If chasing one, certainly worth getting your skates on and sorting out a ppi to negotiate on.  What do you think the answer would be if you asked can you show me the piece of paper with the 82.5k trade in price currently on the table? 

5 hours ago, JWM said:

Not convinced you or Mick are across the detail and perhaps  lazily read the ad.    Eg per second section of the ad,  doesn't he want at least 90k for a private sale. 

Edited by smit2100

30 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

In my experience the auto-trader's sometimes ask for written conditions/warranties when offering what they consider a top-dollar offer.  They basically want you to warrant that the car has no known obvious major problems that you could reasonably be aware of.  IANAL, so no idea how or if these things ever get litigated.

IMHO $82K for a 996.2 tip' turbo wholesale trade is fairly good offer I think.

Based on a pencil whip, starting at that trade in price    20% and 3k for a service /rwc items  ( assuming mechanically clean and not interestd  in genuine part numbers)  and its  a   circa  99.950 advertised  floorstock price flip.   covid markup may have it at 105k. Take that all day everyday over a clean  4s for similiar range dollars like for like

I saw the 996 turbo for sale today and called the owner to go see it. Apparently he had received multiple interstate calls offering to put a deposit on it. I sent my wife to his place to put a deposit on it immediately as it was a steal at that price. She sent me a video of the interior showing that it was clearly an auto. None of the photos online showed the shifter. Apparently the owner had got his son to update or list the car online and somehow put it down as a manual. He was genuinely apologetic about it all so I don’t think it was intentional. 

2 hours ago, Sepand said:

I saw the 996 turbo for sale today and called the owner to go see it. Apparently he had received multiple interstate calls offering to put a deposit on it. I sent my wife to his place to put a deposit on it immediately as it was a steal at that price. She sent me a video of the interior showing that it was clearly an auto. None of the photos online showed the shifter. Apparently the owner had got his son to update or list the car online and somehow put it down as a manual. He was genuinely apologetic about it all so I don’t think it was intentional. 

That explains why Mick the owner wasn't across the detail in his ad  ( buying the owner who delegates writing the ad to his son who obviously is a gen Z and did well to spell manual correctly)  . BUT,  what am I missing? Like some other  posters,  clearly a tipper from the get go.   Where was the confusion?   Yes I saw  manual in the link, but once you opened the link the headline also said  5 SPEED. Notwithstanding looking for a quick sale, surely it was priced accordingly based on it missing a gear. ( tipper at circa 85/ 90k if checks out is a  good buying, wouldn't say a steal)   Last time I looked at a factory  turbo manual shift knob, it had 6 gears, not withstanding 6th gear  has little usage last time I drove one as all roads have you searching for third gear if your  changing gears with the use of  your left foot.

Your keen putting a deposit on a 996 turbo without a ppi.  I was in your situation and had the front running on a manual at around that price on an import last decade. However, I got the ppi back and asked what could be the cause of a cylinder dropping 10% on a leakdown test from one done 18 months prior.   The answer was to find out for sure, need about 50 hours workshop time to get to diagnosing it.  I  revised the offer down circa 15k  after  finding that out ( good excuse to chuck rods in and address the coolant pipes whilst the motors opened up)  and it was an  interesting  response  to that offer from the owner.

That 996 Turbo has been for sale for a while, and is definitely a tip. The wording in the ad is simply lazy editing as it used to only have the $90k info so clearly someone has just added the $82.5k info and not deleted the former.

At that price it is a steal, I wish I was ready....

20 hours ago, luzzo said:

the wording is confusing, agreed. However it's just because he has had it for sale for some time, and previously stated the under $90 comment, but clearly just added the recent updated price comments (without removing the old). 

5 hours ago, JLD said:

That 996 Turbo has been for sale for a while, and is definitely a tip. The wording in the ad is simply lazy editing as it used to only have the $90k info so clearly someone has just added the $82.5k info and not deleted the former.

At that price it is a steal, I wish I was ready....

Agreed. Exactly what I said earlier. 

Re: the No RWC - that's just because he would be comparing apples with apples. If he trades it, he doesn't have to do anything to the car. The trade-in offer (whatever it may be) would be car 'as is'..! 

Limited pics and no real description but it has relatively low k's and a series 2 manual coupe, worth a look if you're in the hunt and local Bris

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2003/sse-ad-7046534/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=22e307e4-cd6d-4e24-8cfd-89f722265a2d

2 hours ago, Stepo said:

Limited pics and no real description but it has relatively low k's and a series 2 manual coupe, worth a look if you're in the hunt and local Bris

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2003/sse-ad-7046534/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=22e307e4-cd6d-4e24-8cfd-89f722265a2d

That looks nice, and would appear very reasonably priced. How much would a similar C4S owner be asking for a car with similar k’s... 30k more? Makes no sense to me. But not much does these days.

3 hours ago, DT said:

That looks nice, and would appear very reasonably priced. How much would a similar C4S owner be asking for a car with similar k’s... 30k more? Makes no sense to me. But not much does these days.

30% more for C4S?.........I do like those nice wide hips but can't see much more of an advantage over the series 2 C2.  

When you look at early G series with the M491 option, they do command a premium and look the goods (justified limited supply).  In 964 everyone wants the C2 over the C4, maybe saving that little extra weight to shave a few milliseconds off their track time :lol:

When I was looking for my 996, C4S well outweighed 996.2 manual coupes but a quick scan now shows an even playing field of similar low numbers, cabs are a different story.

I know yellow is the new black based on recent PFA purchases, but surely this is being optimistic: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-996-auto-my03/SSE-AD-6483601/?Cr=12 yeah low k's but auto cab :wacko:

1 minute ago, Stepo said:

I know yellow is the new black based on recent PFA purchases, but surely this is being optimistic: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-996-auto-my03/SSE-AD-6483601/?Cr=12 yeah low k's but auto cab :wacko:

Mentions 'unique' a couple of times.

Yellow Cab, savannah beige interior and Tiptronic...! Well at least the unique part is true. 

Good luck at $110,000..! 

😆

2 hours ago, Stepo said:

Seems right to me Stepo,  when you weigh up all the factors the math adds up.

996.2 Cabriolet (on average mid 40s)

good condition (add 5 k)

Very low 39k's -(add 5k)

Extremely desirable colour (add 50k)

= about 110k.

( I should be on Wheeler Dealers)

1 hour ago, Jason E said:

Seems right to me Stepo,  when you weigh up all the factors the math adds up.

996.2 Cabriolet (on average mid 40s)

good condition (add 5 k)

Very low 39k's -(add 5k)

Extremely desirable colour (add 50k)

= about 110k.

( I should be on Wheeler Dealers)

No doubt you’ve watched The Castle Jason...........Dreamen, but I like your enthusiasm